Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Rental declines in Dubai - 20% in premier areas

Rental declines in Dubai - 20% in premier areas

Old Oct 31st 2017, 12:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rental declines in Dubai - 20% in premier areas

My mate on Sadiyaat just her landlord raise hers by 2.5% that was cheaper than paying moving costs (just) but it is next to the school and they have one year left. This is on one of the top end houses.

My husband's company does all the negotiating for us but it was a distressed rental when we got it and i am sure he will try to up the price. Hate the arguing as we are effectively stuck as DH's company won't let you move under 2 years in a property.
Old Oct 31st 2017, 2:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

I think the difference is also inflation. 45K a few years ago still bought you a lot of beers but now everything is significantly more expensive and salaries have not moved with the times.
Old Nov 1st 2017, 4:53 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
oh, scampy. On your usual logic, after everything he has 9,000, almost 2 grand, of piss money. He wouldn't be able to do that in the UK.

45k was always the minimum for a family of four, don't think it got you flashy.
I was trying to be the humble one without children for once.

Imagine if I'd said 9,000 a month was piss easy for a family of four to live off? You and others would have hung me out to dry as a clueless non-parent.

But hey, as long as you're right.
Old Nov 1st 2017, 5:47 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Scamp,

I just got a LinkedIn connection request from someone at ******. (Wow! I can't even type the name of the firm - it goes straight to asterisks. But it begins with D and has a V as the third letter).

But this person is the "International Recruitment Manager" and not a FA. His background does seem solidly in recruitment/HR.

Do you have any idea why he would be hitting me up? I have nothing to do with finance.

Here's his bio:

"A greatly accomplished, highly motivated, driven and results orientated millennial entrepreneur and sales recruitment management professional. Blending years of management and recruitment / sales experience with an entrepreneurial spirit, I strive to inspire, lead and develop!

Having initially commenced my career within Recruitment | Executive Search and HRM at the age of 15, I set my focus on becoming a pioneer for learning & development solutions for young entrepreneurs within the Middle East. Establishing TWC Global Executive Search as my first project in mid 2007 with a focus on identifying, designing and implementing suitable long-term recruitment strategies for a vast array of international clients.

As the market peaked recession I had turned to Real Estate (2010), externally assisting major Middle Eastern Developers & Brokers with their Human Resources Processes and functionalities. By 2011, candidates had been successfully placed across the Middle East, North Africa, Europe, Asia and South-East Asia.

In early 2012, I was recruited as the Recruitment Manager – HR for the Middle East’s largest Real Estate Brokerage & Property Management firm (Better Homes) to spearhead eighteen (18) separate business units with the key responsibility of the long-term brokerage recruitment development.

With the achievement of hiring over 300+ members of staff within my first 18 months, I was headhunted to take on a new start-up venture with a local group (Adyar Real Estate) to establish the firm’s operational framework.

By November 2014, I had moved in to the world’s largest Independent Financial Advisory Group (****** Group) becoming one of the youngest managers for the firm globally with the responsibility of driving a new business unit in Dubai for a team of millennial sales recruitment professionals.

If you have just graduated University and you are seeking a challenging yet rewarding career, reach out!
Old Nov 1st 2017, 7:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH

I have nothing to do with finance.
Nor does anyone else he recruits.
Old Nov 1st 2017, 7:08 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Nor does anyone else he recruits.
Touche.

Oddly enough I'm probably far more qualified than the typical "FA" at ******
Old Nov 1st 2017, 7:09 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Scamp,

I just got a LinkedIn connection request from someone at ******. (Wow! I can't even type the name of the firm - it goes straight to asterisks. But it begins with D and has a V as the third letter).

But this person is the "International Recruitment Manager" and not a FA. His background does seem solidly in recruitment/HR.

Do you have any idea why he would be hitting me up? I have nothing to do with finance.

Here's his bio:

"A ....."out!
How many connections do you have?
Maybe he's just expanding his network to try and reach more people?

Otherwise, dunno. I have many random connections because they have so many and it allows me access to more at 2nd / 3rd degree.

Maybe he fancies you?
Maybe they use the accounts of less suspicious accounts to get more data for the FA's to use to call you? (That's what I'd do).

A host of many reasons, accept it, ring him and ask him.
Old Nov 1st 2017, 7:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
How many connections do you have?
Maybe he's just expanding his network to try and reach more people?

Otherwise, dunno. I have many random connections because they have so many and it allows me access to more at 2nd / 3rd degree.

Maybe he fancies you?
Maybe they use the accounts of less suspicious accounts to get more data for the FA's to use to call you? (That's what I'd do).

I'm always a little disappointed at how little attention I get from these people. In 10 years, i've had like 3 calls. I get much more calls from real estate agents asking if I'm looking to sell an apartment that I got rid of 9 years ago - can't believe that list is still doing the rounds.
Old Nov 1st 2017, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

I'm always a little disappointed at how little attention I get from these people. In 10 years, i've had like 3 calls. I get much more calls from real estate agents asking if I'm looking to sell an apartment that I got rid of 9 years ago - can't believe that list is still doing the rounds.
You sold an apartment in 2008-9? How much did you lose?
Old Nov 1st 2017, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Ring someone at ******? You know what'd happen to my number.

Besides, I don't like the look of his face. His teeth are slightly sharp.
Old Nov 1st 2017, 7:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You sold an apartment in 2008-9? How much did you lose?
less than my bonus that year.
Old Nov 1st 2017, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

less than my bonus that year.
What prompted you to sell? You don't seem like someone who'd take a loss so easily.
Old Nov 1st 2017, 7:38 am
Account Closed

I get shit loads. Weird how they go after those who have less cash...maybe they think I'm stupid.

Ring someone at ******? You know what'd happen to my number.

Besides, I don't like the look of his face. His teeth are slightly sharp.
Why not? Who cares if they have your number? You don't have to answer if they ring you back.

When I leave the Middle East I'll (probably) sell these companies every list of names and number I have.
Old Nov 1st 2017, 7:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

What prompted you to sell? You don't seem like someone who'd take a loss so easily.
I take losses very easily - much better eat a small loss now than a larger one later.

It never came back in value and I have friends who still own places and are still out of the money every month and sitting on much larger unrealised losses that they can realise. You have to take the ups with the downs, it was no big deal really - especially where UK property gains and the FX movements were at the time.
Old Nov 1st 2017, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

I get shit loads. Weird how they go after those who have less cash...maybe they think I'm stupid.

Why not? Who cares if they have your number? You don't have to answer if they ring you back.

When I leave the Middle East I'll (probably) sell these companies every list of names and number I have.
How much?

I also never get calls from these financial people. My bank, on the other hand? They keep sending me credit cards that I never requested

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.