Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Remote working alone.....

Remote working alone.....

Old Apr 12th 2008, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

jason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nice
Thumbs up Remote working alone.....

I presently work for a large architects practice in the UK but in a satellite office which consists of just me. I am at least 3.5 hours away from another branch office and have contact with someone from the head office once every 2 weeks. It does take some getting use (being on one's own for long periods of time) and the radio helps (and may make things easy when I relocate to UAE) but I was wondering how, if anyone deals with being lonely?

Some of you must get lonely from time to time and I would be interested in knowing your coping strategies? Yes good friends in the UAE is a good solution and the internet webcams to people back home will help but what other day to day things help people cope with these feelings that sometimes happen to the best of us?
Old Apr 12th 2008, 7:36 pm

ScotsExpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Remote working alone.....

Originally Posted by jason4004
I presently work for a large architects practice in the UK but in a satellite office which consists of just me. I am at least 3.5 hours away from another branch office and have contact with someone from the head office once every 2 weeks. It does take some getting use (being on one's own for long periods of time) and the radio helps (and may make things easy when I relocate to UAE) but I was wondering how, if anyone deals with being lonely?

Some of you must get lonely from time to time and I would be interested in knowing your coping strategies? Yes good friends in the UAE is a good solution and the internet webcams to people back home will help but what other day to day things help people cope with these feelings that sometimes happen to the best of us?
One of MD's pies.........
Old Apr 12th 2008, 7:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

I work in an office full of Egyptians. To work alone after that would be a blessing!
Old Apr 12th 2008, 7:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond repute

eastenders and corrie....I would be terribly alone without them.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

jason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
I work in an office full of Egyptians. To work alone after that would be a blessing!
And your a manic depressive! Well life has never been so good for you with all that sunshine - we had snow again today and it's rained on and off for the last few weeks.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 9:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

And your a manic depressive! Well life has never been so good for you with all that sunshine - we had snow again today and it's rained on and off for the last few weeks.
it is a hard life here. spent Friday up at the Indian Ocean coast diving and snorkeling with my gf. such a harsh existance.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 5:54 am
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

.....I just usually talk to myself
Old Apr 13th 2008, 5:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by twinkle-star
.....I just usually talk to myself
thought you spent all your time cleaning
Old Apr 13th 2008, 6:17 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

You obviously need a bit of a cheer up, so get yourself over here asap.
A friend that is opening a hotel here here has lots of newly arrived Thai masseurs (and yes they are real masseurs, not what confucious might think!) desperately in need of boyfriends.

Like Inselaffen says, its a hard life out here.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 6:26 am
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
thought you spent all your time cleaning
Gone off cleaning sice we had the great flood!! :curse:

Went back to Uk for 2 wks and got a call that a pipe had burst in our brand new apartment .....4 inches of water all over. They only noticed it when it came pouring out the front door. 15 guys mopping it up and they kindly left all the windows open to dry it so when we returned a week later we found furniture all over the place damp mouldy rugs, clothes etc and it was all covered in sand. We also had a lovely stench from the gone off fish in our freezer!
Old Apr 13th 2008, 6:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twinkle-star
Gone off cleaning sice we had the great flood!! :curse:

Went back to Uk for 2 wks and got a call that a pipe had burst in our brand new apartment .....4 inches of water all over. They only noticed it when it came pouring out the front door. 15 guys mopping it up and they kindly left all the windows open to dry it so when we returned a week later we found furniture all over the place damp mouldy rugs, clothes etc and it was all covered in sand. We also had a lovely stench from the gone off fish in our freezer!
Oh vile......there is nothing worse than the smell of fish in the house,and its so hard to get rid of...you poor thing.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:03 am
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by admon
You obviously need a bit of a cheer up, so get yourself over here asap.
A friend that is opening a hotel here here has lots of newly arrived Thai masseurs (and yes they are real masseurs, not what confucious might think!) desperately in need of boyfriends.

Like Inselaffen says, its a hard life out here.
I think I'd be more interested in a Thai Masseuse
Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NedKelly63
I think I'd be more interested in a Thai Masseuse
not the spelling police again...

You won't be getting a thai anything via me with that attitude...
Old Apr 17th 2008, 8:43 am
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by admon
not the spelling police again...

You won't be getting a thai anything via me with that attitude...
There's nothing wrong with your spelling matey boy!
Old Apr 17th 2008, 8:47 am

ScotsExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NedKelly63
There's nothing wrong with your spelling matey boy!
Ned now knows, tried the place and they are definitely masseurs!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.