Remembrance Poppies

Old Nov 5th 2017, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Remembrance Poppies

Does anyone know of anywhere to get a Poppy??

And also does the Embassy in Dubai do anything on Remembrance day??
Old Nov 5th 2017, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Remembrance Poppies

My friend brought me a few over from the UK last week so I am proudly wearing one just now, in fact, I just looked and I have a pin badge one too.

If I remember rightly tho you can get them in the British Council. Failing that and if you want a pint you can get them in Fibbers.
Old Nov 5th 2017, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jam25mack
My friend brought me a few over from the UK last week so I am proudly wearing one just now, in fact, I just looked and I have a pin badge one too.

If I remember rightly tho you can get them in the British Council. Failing that and if you want a pint you can get them in Fibbers.
Thank you I will use that as an excuse for a pint and a fry up!!
Old Nov 5th 2017, 2:36 pm
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the heads up, sounds like a quick lunch plan from DIFC. Millhouse, you in town for a poppy and a pub lunch?
Old Nov 6th 2017, 3:59 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Brought a couple back from the UK. Pin badge is a good shout for future though.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Brought a couple back from the UK. Pin badge is a good shout for future though.
Has 2017 on it to keep the cheapskates in line.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 9:29 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Has 2017 on it to keep the cheapskates in line.
Hahahahahahahahaha
Old Nov 6th 2017, 9:59 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Failing that and if you want a pint you can get them in Fibbers.
Fibbers should be excommunicated from the list of non Irish owned, international fake Irish bars.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
Fibbers should be excommunicated from the list of non Irish owned, international fake Irish bars.
Why? Have no Irish died fighting for the allies?
Old Nov 6th 2017, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

I just checked with Fibbers on facebook and they messaged me back to say yes they have them behind the bar!!

Thankyou, Jam25Mack
Old Nov 6th 2017, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Oh I did check with the Embassy, got two automated messages that someone from the correct department would contact....typical of our Embassy...about as much use as tits on a boar pig!!!
Old Nov 6th 2017, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Dubaiexile
I just checked with Fibbers on facebook and they messaged me back to say yes they have them behind the bar!!

Thankyou, Jam25Mack
Anytime!
Old Nov 7th 2017, 1:45 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Why? Have no Irish died fighting for the allies?
I'm in danger of derailing the thread but my issue is not about people remembering WW1, it's about the use of the funds collected. The donations are being used to support all British ex-servicemen in need, I'm not entirely comfortable with supporting servicemen who were involved in other actions worldwide N. Ireland included.
Old Nov 7th 2017, 2:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
I'm in danger of derailing the thread but my issue is not about people remembering WW1, it's about the use of the funds collected. The donations are being used to support all British ex-servicemen in need, I'm not entirely comfortable with supporting servicemen who were involved in other actions worldwide N. Ireland included.
Yes you will derail the thread, but since you pose the question perhaps you could expand your reasons why, and maybe (and I do say maybe) an intellectual debate could be had without name calling and abuse...but given the way some people might feel with regards to support for ex servicemen (and I will admit to being one with 14 years service with the Royal Marines with final rank of Captain), do not expect an easy ride! But hey ho it is a forum to air ones views with a little anonymity making it easier to air feelings that you might not feel comfortable in face to face discussion!
Old Nov 7th 2017, 3:50 am
Account Closed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.