Recurring Dreams.

Old May 26th 2011, 12:29 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Recurring Dreams.

Do they mean anything?

Psycho bull aside...do they have any relevance.

I have several, one includes my Dad's funeral and me trying to give a speech.

The other is me being spat at and fighting after seeing red because of it.

Those two happen every so often, I sometimes have quite vivid ones but nothing out of the ordinary...and not that regularly.

Anyone else have any?
Old May 26th 2011, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

danglydavis is just really nicedanglydavis is just really nicedanglydavis is just really nicedanglydavis is just really nicedanglydavis is just really nicedanglydavis is just really nicedanglydavis is just really nicedanglydavis is just really nice
Default Re: Recurring Dreams.

Yes Doctor. Since I've been in DXB, I also have really wierd dreams...the sex ones are always welcome, but those about family are not.

Have you noticed how they are always negative? Things go wrong, cars won't stop, walking naked in the street, not enough clothes, sitting on the loo in a public place, corridors full of closed doors, the list goes on.
Can you give a pill????
Old May 26th 2011, 2:14 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Dream Analysis
Sigmund Fred

Case Study 1
Patient (a young man) at his father's funeral, attempting to make a speech.

In dreams, death is often analogous to the dreamer's transition from one stage of his life to another. Such stages can reflect almost any transition in the dreamer's life: relationships, jobs, locations, childhood-puberty-adulthood, sexual orientation or preference for lager-and-lime over real ale.

In this instance the patient has given up a cushy, overpaid and ill-respected career in the UK for a cushy, even-more-overpaid and totally unrespected career in a desert shithole. He has forsaken his old friends for a troupe of vitriolic, opinionated know-alls who try to remain anonymous. He has recently tried to unmask many of these new friends by the subterfuge of paying for them to get drunk; he was, in part, successful, but about half of them saw through the ruse and failed to turn up at the last moment. It would appear that those who did turn up and took the shilling were the nice ones.

The patient's father's funeral is most likely his former career in the UK—it is now well past any hope of revival, since 80% of the UK population are unemployed because there are no jobs for them, and the other 20% are recruitment consultants. His attempt at making a speech appears to be related to his partial success in defending his corner with his new-found friends, but some of them are prone to likening anyone whose views they disagree with to the Nazi Youth within six posts in a thread, and hence why in his dream the patient is constantly struggling to make his voice heard.

However, as is widely acknowledged, nearly all dreams are of a sexual nature, even if there is no apparent sexual context in the dream. In the current case it may well be that the patient has masked his "true" sexual orientation by pretending to like rugby and similar sports commonly perceived to be manly, whereas in actuality his fondness for them stems from his desire for close physical contact with other men. Many patients, upon realisation of what really gets them going, try to speak about it but often struggle to articulate—which can be exacerbated when your mouth is full.

It is therefore possible that the patient views his previously-perceived sexual orientation as passed, but he is struggling to come to terms with being a shirt-lifter and announcing that fact to the world.

My recommendation is forced intoxication, and a Chinese massage just to settle the matter one way or the other.

Cast Study 2
Patient (a young man) is spat upon, and instigates physical violence brought on by his anger.

People who are demeaned (in any way, either in words or actions) in their dreams often experience frustration and anger in their lives. Being demeaned tends to equates to either, or both, people who or circumstances which the dreamer has to deal with and who, or which, treat him in a manner which the dreamer perceives to be unfair. It is usually irrelevant who is doing the demeaning, and in what manner—although seven screaming Koreans chopping you to bits with meat cleavers might suggest that voicing your thought that a bowl of bibinba looks like freshly-produced vomit is ill-advised.

Visualising the instigation of physical violence as a result of being demeaned is often the result of a new environment in which the dreamer is at the mercy of completely illogical and biased rules or conventions, and really the only sensible reaction is to kick the living shit out of a police van, although preferably not while locked inside it. Gesticulating in a manner deemed offensive in the new environment is also a logical reaction, but can often result in the dreamer having the shit kicked out of him, either literally or metaphorically.

In this instance the patient has relocated from leafy suburbia where he was surrounded by a cohort of mutually-back-slapping colleagues and easy lays, to a dust-swept furnace-cum-sauna full of jaundiced, sardonic old hands. He is taunted daily—albeit sometimes in jest—which equates to the demeaning he suffers in his dreams. Conversely, he as yet only dreams of instigating violence, although it is quite likely that his new circle of acquaintances will egg him on to actually clobbering someone or something before too long. So far he has only managed to whirl his jacket round his head in a mildly dangerous way.

However…the obvious sexual element of the patent's dreams cannot be ignored. His new environment has, ostensibly, many outlets for his sexuality. Some of which he wouldn't even need to pay for. The patient recently financed an evening of hoped-for debauchery with the female members of his new circle of friends. There does appear to be some self-denial in the patient in that he has convinced himself that he invited friends of both genders, but the facts speak for themselves in that statistics show that 99 out of 100 men will definitely turn up for a piss-up if someone else if paying. And unless someone's keeping very shtum, the only time he felt a fanny that night was when he was impersonating John Travolta.

It would therefore appear that the demeaning the patient suffers in his dreams is his failure to get laid in his new environment. The physical violence he instigates is, classically, a reference to the solace he finds in bashing the bishop.

In this instance I would recommend new aftershave and ditching the crocs, and if that doesn't work then weekly visits to the Pubic Triangle.
Old May 26th 2011, 2:33 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent!

You have far too much time on your hands bahtatboy
Old May 26th 2011, 4:04 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Excellent!

You have far too much time on your hands bahtatboy
yes, best post I've seen in a while!
Old May 26th 2011, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

lol, poor Scamp!
Old May 26th 2011, 5:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

During a very bad - perhaps the worst - period of my life, I frequently dreamt (dreamed??) the same dream........

I was falling (presumably from an aircraft, although I never saw it, and I had no parachute) towards the ground............ but I never reached the ground. I just kept falling and falling.........

I always interpreted it as "I'm going to die"............
Old May 26th 2011, 6:16 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
During a very bad - perhaps the worst - period of my life, I frequently dreamt (dreamed??) the same dream........

I was falling (presumably from an aircraft, although I never saw it, and I had no parachute) towards the ground............ but I never reached the ground. I just kept falling and falling.........

I always interpreted it as "I'm going to die"............
or that you're never going to die?
Old May 26th 2011, 6:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
or that you're never going to die?
Oh yeah - that was it - thanks, I feel much better now.
Old May 26th 2011, 8:34 pm