Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Middle East / The Sand Pit

Old Nov 29th 2017, 12:37 pm   #1
Forum Regular

slammer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A question about women.

Ahem! Now I know all about not living together with a unmarried female, buuuut, if I were to come to Saudi together with my ex-wife, would the bureaucracy freak out?
slammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th 2017, 1:03 pm   #2
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A question about women.

Saudi along with your ex wife...... a glutton for punishment!
jam25mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th 2017, 9:20 am   #3
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jam25mack View Post
Saudi along with your ex wife...... a glutton for punishment!
It could be worst, but the mother in law stays behind, was quite adamant on that point. Having said that I would love to see her in a abaya and looking like a bat.
Old Nov 30th 2017, 11:10 am   #4
Premium Member

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

I did know of a couple that divorced and then got back together. But they never told the Saudis they divorced, so as far as paperwork went they were still married.

They are now fully separated and no longer in Saudi, so on a purely anecdotal basis, I would say don't come with your ex.
nonthaburi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd 2017, 5:10 am   #5
BE Enthusiast

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Sort of begs the question how the ex would enter Saudi first ?

(Please don't tell me that you will use your original marriage cert to sponsor your ex ?)
UKCityGent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th 2017, 9:32 am   #6
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKCityGent View Post
Sort of begs the question how the ex would enter Saudi first ?

(Please don't tell me that you will use your original marriage cert to sponsor your ex ?)
That was the rough plan, but it was a brain-fart anyway, she would not have come and the question is moot since Saturday, it seems the show went down the u-bend as they realised that I have just past my 57th birthday, Huraa!
Old Dec 6th 2017, 12:01 pm   #7

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammer View Post
Ahem! Now I know all about not living together with a unmarried female, buuuut, if I were to come to Saudi together with my ex-wife, would the bureaucracy freak out?
If you tell them she is your ex-wife they won't be too impressed if you want to sponsor her and live with her.

If you can provide attested paperwork not showing you are divorced they won't know any better unless they find out then you can be done for not only cohabiting but also lying to the various ministries. I imagine that would be a LOT of fun.

Maybe she's an ex for a reason? Get a mail order bride from Ukraine or Thailand like a normal man for goodness sake.

N.

About Me
Norm_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th 2017, 2:14 pm   #8
BE Forum Addict

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammer View Post
I guess my question would be why would you go live in a country and have no respect for local laws and traditions ?
morpeth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th 2017, 3:48 am   #9

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by morpeth View Post
I guess my question would be why would you go live in a country and have no respect for local laws and traditions ?
Like millions of people in Britain and Europe you mean?

N.

About Me
Norm_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th 2017, 6:55 am   #10
Forum Regular

Quote:
But I do, that is why I am asking for the sage advice of persons who have been here before me. Also I got married in Germany to a German woman and there the marriage is registered in the family book, the marriage but not the divorce.
But as I said it was a brain fart and won´t happen anyway.
Old Dec 7th 2017, 4:26 pm   #11
Premium Member

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And of course no Saudi has ever broken a law here have they, and they have full respect for all traditions.
Old Dec 7th 2017, 4:27 pm   #12
Premium Member

Quote:
How many elephants did you slaughter too build your tower?
Old Dec 7th 2017, 5:21 pm   #13
BE Forum Addict

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonthaburi View Post
And of course no Saudi has ever broken a law here have they, and they have full respect for all traditions.
But shouldn't someone consider going to live in Saudi Arabia as a guest worker consider whether they wish to follow the rules ? Just as someone coming to UK one would expect would want to follow local rules ?
Old Dec 7th 2017, 5:33 pm   #14
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But shouldn't someone consider going to live in Saudi Arabia as a guest worker consider whether they wish to follow the rules ? Just as someone coming to UK one would expect would want to follow local rules ?
You obviously missed Norm’s comment above pointing out millions move to the U.K. and Europe and don’t follow local rules or customs.
DXBtoDOH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th 2017, 6:49 pm   #15
BE Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH View Post
You obviously missed Norm’s comment above pointing out millions move to the U.K. and Europe and don’t follow local rules or customs.
No I did see that, same principle- if we expect the migrants/refugees/immigrants to show decent respect and gratitude living in UK and Europe, I think same should be shown to Saudi Arabia by not flouting their rules and customs, as much as we might disagree with them.

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Middle East / The Sand Pit