Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Punter wins 350K on 1 pound bet

Punter wins 350K on 1 pound bet

Old May 20th 2011, 6:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Punter wins 350K on 1 pound bet

I love this! So what would you do if you won lots of money?

An out-of-work punter has netted a fortune after winning a 50p each-way bet at odds of 706,128 to one.

The gambler - who has been out of work since being laid-off following heart surgery five years ago - put the tiny bet on a seven-horse accumulator on Tuesday with bookie William Hill.

And the father of two from Glasgow - who has requested anonymity - hit the jackpot when Kylladie romped home in the last race of the day at Kempton Park to win him an astonishing £353,000.

Amazingly, the lucky punter thought he'd only won around £20,000 - and only realised that he'd won the vast sum when he logged in to his online betting account and saw the huge figure in his account.

"My brain was a wreck and I couldn't understand the balance on my account," laughed the man, who plans to buy a house and visit his sisters overseas. "I regularly place these little bets and everyone tells me I'm mad. I've hit the bar a few times, but this is incredible."

The magnificent seven - how the £353,000 was won:

4:50 - Brighton - Miss Dutee 12/1

5:00 - Nottingham - Abidhabidubai 15/2

6:30 - Kempton - Poyle Punch 11/2

7:10 - Towcester - Bollywood 9/2

8:00 - Kempton - Loves Theme 9/2

8:40 - Towcester - Timoca 13/2

9:00 - Kempton - Kylladdie 10/3
Old May 21st 2011, 4:40 am
Perky but sarky

lullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Punter wins 350K on 1 pound bet

Did you see the winner of the 5 pm is called AbuDhabiDubai!

Good for him. Do you remember the two homeless guys who won the lottery years back? Great heartwarming story.

Last edited by lullabelle; May 21st 2011 at 6:30 am.
Old May 21st 2011, 5:43 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, read about this on the BBC - apparently the bookies had declared him to be luckiest ever punter? They would say that when he's just taken them to the cleaners - great read, well done that man.
Old May 21st 2011, 6:33 am
Perky but sarky

lullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond repute

If I won lots of money I'd travel, travel, travel. I don't think I'd lie on my deathbed saying "I wish I'd bought a porsche, I wish I'd built that kitchen extension" - but there are places to see before I die and some extra dosh would help me get to even more.
Old May 21st 2011, 6:57 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

It's a wonder he didn't have heart problems waiting for the result of the 7th race at Kempton!