Public holiday now Sat

Old Mar 1st 2009, 11:52 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Public holiday now Sat

Public holiday for UAE private sector changed
WAM
Published: March 01, 2009, 12:52

Abu Dhabi: Saturday, March 7 will be a public holiday for private sector instead of Monday.

In a circular issued by the Minister of Labour Saqr Gobash Saturday 10 of Rabbi Al Awwal (March 7) will be public holiday for all employees in the private sector in the UAE instead of Monday 12 of Rabbi Al Awwal (March 9).

That does us out of a day off
Old Mar 1st 2009, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Public holiday now Sat

Originally Posted by rowell
WAM

Abu Dhabi: Saturday, March 7 will be a public holiday for private sector instead of Monday.

In a circular issued by the Minister of Labour Saqr Gobash Saturday 10 of Rabbi Al Awwal (March 7) will be public holiday for all employees in the private sector in the UAE instead of Monday 12 of Rabbi Al Awwal (March 9).

That does us out of a day off
shame that.. aah diddums..
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 2:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really nice

http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/General/10290523.html

Read a bit further down the GN article...

"The ministry earlier announced that the holiday for the private sector would be on Monday, March 9. Gobash told Gulf News that the reason behind the change of the private sector holiday was to make it more coherent with the public sector holiday, which falls on March 8."

Wouldn't it be more coherent if they were both on the same day???

Last edited by Robbies; Mar 2nd 2009 at 2:46 am.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 2:51 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robbies
http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/General/10290523.html

Read a bit further down the GN article...

"The ministry earlier announced that the holiday for the private sector would be on Monday, March 9. Gobash told Gulf News that the reason behind the change of the private sector holiday was to make it more coherent with the public sector holiday, which falls on March 8."

Wouldn't it be more coherent if they were both on the same day???
By Wafa Issa, Staff Reporter

Dubai: Saturday, March 7, corresponding to Rabi Al Awwal 10, 1430, will be a holiday for the private sector in the UAE to mark the birthday of the Prophet Mohammad (PBUH), according to a circular issued on Sunday by Saqr Gobash, Minister of Labour.

The ministry earlier announced that the holiday for the private sector would be on Monday, March 9. Gobash told Gulf News that the reason behind the change of the private sector holiday was to make it more coherent with the public sector holiday, which falls on March 8.

It does not read to me as it does to you, the statement says "earlier announced" and states Sat March 7th will be a holiday for the private sector,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Asked why the holiday was declared for a Saturday rather than Sunday as many companies in the private sector have weekend offs on Friday and Saturday, Gobash said: "As far as I know, the majority of companies in the private sector have only one day off, which is Friday.

"Giving the holiday on Sunday would have caused another interruption in the holiday." Although the labour law specifies that the Prophet's birthday be observed as an official holiday, it does not specify on which day it should be held, Gobash said.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 3:36 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

This development was previously covered in the existing Public Holiday thread so why bother starting another one? At least the construction workers might conceivably get an extra day off, but I bet the shop/hotel workers won't be so lucky.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 4:22 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

So not only do we lose a working day with the rest of the world having to work on a Sunday, we now have a Monday off and lose another day, that's really intelligent !!

How do they expect to be an international commercial hub with that business thoughtlessness ??
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 4:45 am

Originally Posted by lionheart
This development was previously covered in the existing Public Holiday thread so why bother starting another one? At least the construction workers might conceivably get an extra day off, but I bet the shop/hotel workers won't be so lucky.
I do not read every thread LH
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 5:45 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry about LH, he is still touchy after his team lost to the Hammers yesterday, and their miserable away form continued...
Old Mar 4th 2009, 6:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Bambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to behold

I am still confused. When can we not drink? Only I have booked a table at Finz for Saturday night, and it would suck paying 2 grand for a meal and not being able to have a drink with it.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bambi in Abu Dhabi
I am still confused. When can we not drink? Only I have booked a table at Finz for Saturday night, and it would suck paying 2 grand for a meal and not being able to have a drink with it.
2000dhs for a meal at Finz???

I take it there is at least 16 of you going?
Old Mar 4th 2009, 7:35 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Just been told DIFC has Sunday off. TECOM made no announcement yet, so my company is assuming Sunday at the moment.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 7:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

what is wrong with leaving the holiday on the monday as it should be and if you wanted to go away for a long weekend, you take a DAYS LEAVE, like you would in other countries, or is that too difficult
Old Mar 4th 2009, 7:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

my hubs as been told saturday
Old Mar 4th 2009, 7:36 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bambi in Abu Dhabi
It should be dry Sunday 6pm to Monday 6pm (the actual date of the birthday).
Old Mar 4th 2009, 7:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Bambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
It should be dry Sunday 6pm to Monday 6pm (the actual date of the birthday).
Great, thanks. I shall keep my booking then.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.