Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Pretty amazing art exhibition

Pretty amazing art exhibition

Old Feb 22nd 2009, 4:38 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pretty amazing art exhibition

Went to an exhibition at the jamjar at al quoz, just behind the modern bakery, it was brilliant, you should go if you can, here's a few pics, but it really doesn't do it justice - info:

Introducing MY NAME IS ROBOT, the Middle East’s first custom toy show. Robotandspark invited 37 regional artists, designers, typographers, jewellers, artists, sculptors, photographers and leading creatives to customize the 8-inch resin robots and display them at thejamjar Gallery on Thursday February the 19th 2009.

Once the artists had finished, leading photographers from Bareface were asked to photograph the robots in any which way they wanted. These prints will be displayed alongside the robots and all artwork will be auctioned off for the charity START (www.startworld.org)

The exhibition will run from the 19th Feb until the 23rd Feb.

Visit www.mynameisrobot.org for more info
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 4:40 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pretty amazing art exhibition

pics:

Originally Posted by Spugsy
Went to an exhibition at the jamjar at al quoz, just behind the modern bakery, it was brilliant, you should go if you can, here's a few pics, but it really doesn't do it justice - info:

Introducing MY NAME IS ROBOT, the Middle East’s first custom toy show. Robotandspark invited 37 regional artists, designers, typographers, jewellers, artists, sculptors, photographers and leading creatives to customize the 8-inch resin robots and display them at thejamjar Gallery on Thursday February the 19th 2009.

Once the artists had finished, leading photographers from Bareface were asked to photograph the robots in any which way they wanted. These prints will be displayed alongside the robots and all artwork will be auctioned off for the charity START (www.startworld.org)

The exhibition will run from the 19th Feb until the 23rd Feb.

Visit www.mynameisrobot.org for more info
Attached Thumbnails Pretty amazing art exhibition-n861940135_6004254_5579.jpg   Pretty amazing art exhibition-n861940135_6004240_709.jpg   Pretty amazing art exhibition-n861940135_6002566_7604.jpg  
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 4:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Bambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to behold

That is so interesting, Spugsy - thanks. I wish I had known about it before...
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 5:04 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Bambi in Abu Dhabi
That is so interesting, Spugsy - thanks. I wish I had known about it before...
its just a short run thing, but honest it was amazing, MTV were there interviewing people and DJs were on, I missed the free cocktails, bah! But some of the robots were out of this world.