Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Premier League Season 2013/14

Premier League Season 2013/14

Old Aug 20th 2013, 6:58 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Premier League Season 2013/14

Originally Posted by jam25mack
I would't rule out the reining champions just yet!
They taken up horse riding instead then???
Old Aug 20th 2013, 6:58 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The_Citizen
I think what can be agreed is that £10 million is a ridiculous offer!
For Cabaye? If so I'd agree.
Old Aug 20th 2013, 7:00 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

For Cabaye? If so I'd agree.
Yeah. Apparently they are also putting a bid in for Pogba for nearer £20 million.
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Have they taken up horse riding instead then???
Not since Rudd Van Nistelhorse left.....
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I think what can be agreed is that £10 million is a ridiculous offer!
I think it's a ridiculous target, he's another Arteta / Ramsey / Wilshere / Rosicky type.

10m is a bit much for a 27yr old injury prone midfielder I reckon, especially when they could go for someone who is in the Diaby shape but actually good.
Old Aug 20th 2013, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Scamp
I think it's a ridiculous target, he's another Arteta / Ramsey / Wilshere / Rosicky type.

10m is a bit much for a 27yr old injury prone midfielder I reckon, especially when they could go for someone who is in the Diaby shape but actually good.
You're right, it isn't the type of player that they need at the moment but 10m is nothing in today's market.
Old Aug 20th 2013, 7:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Yeah. Apparently they are also putting a bid in for Pogba for nearer £20 million.
Pogba's more there style. Young, french, talented and a bit of a dick!
Old Aug 20th 2013, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Pogba's more there style. Young, french, talented and a bit of a dick!
fits them to a tee!

They have let go a lot of fringe players and just not replaced them. Wenger is in his last year as well and I can't see him being offered an extension.
Old Aug 20th 2013, 7:13 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Bid low, advertise it, create unsettlement. I can't see him going for anything less than £20m, thing is, the deal needs to be done sooner rather than later as we need to buy a new midfield, couple of defenders and a striker that strikes.

2 home games coming up, we were never going to beat City (wish I'd put a bet on but I just can't bet against my team).

Oh and Scamp, "yer me new nest marra like".
Old Aug 20th 2013, 7:17 am
BE Forum Addict

fits them to a tee!

They have let go a lot of fringe players and just not replaced them. Wenger is in his last year as well and I can't see him being offered an extension.
17 out and 1 in apparently..... That's stacks of cash saved off the wage bill so can't understand his hesitance in the market.

Agreed on the extension, although the fans do seem deluded and the board are making money with his (lucky) top 4 finishes, although I can see him managing that again if his team stays the same. I do wonder who will be the first to go in for Wiltshire tho.... Can be too long before one of the big teams has a pop.

Thinking they may get humped tonight. May be worth a flutter!
Old Aug 20th 2013, 7:47 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Kix
Oh and Scamp, "yer me new nest marra like".
What the **** does that mean?

I think you should hang on to him, refuse anything up to 15m. Above that it's worth taking.
Old Aug 20th 2013, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Newcastle, I don't hate them, I hate 90% of their fans because they are ****ing morons (like a lot of clubs, granted) but the big-club mentality that comes with so many of the Geordie lot is jaw-droppingly stupid.
don't confuse Geordies and newcastle fans Scamp, not all of us are horse punching morons

oh and did you write this ?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...e-8775373.html
Old Aug 20th 2013, 8:53 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Sandboy
don't confuse Geordies and newcastle fans Scamp, not all of us are horse punching morons

oh and did you write this ?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...e-8775373.html
Accept my apologies please, you're right.

I didn't write that but I'm glad my opinion is shared.
Old Aug 20th 2013, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Accept my apologies please, you're right.

I didn't write that but I'm glad my opinion is shared.
look where they've erected their "historic" gates at the wongadome

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-23746677
Old Aug 20th 2013, 9:07 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Sandboy
look where they've erected their "historic" gates at the wongadome

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-23746677
Wow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.