Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Premier League Season 2013/14

Premier League Season 2013/14

Old Aug 17th 2013, 5:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Premier League Season 2013/14

Originally Posted by The_Citizen
AD was great. Cheaper, all in HD and English commentary. Who are you with to get HD 6. Du only offered HD1 and HD2 when I did it.
Direct from Nilesat.
HD6 is English for main matches. along with +10
Old Aug 17th 2013, 5:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jim Smith
Direct from Nilesat.
HD6 is English for main matches. along with +10
Can you just use your du box or do you need a new box?
Old Aug 18th 2013, 5:00 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Once again an almighty ****ing mess.

Gray and Keys clearly didn't really know what they were doing, which was surprising. The HD channels are all in English according to my options but blasting out the usual Arabic bollocks. Non-HD football on Jazeera is barely worth watching and then the United v Swansea game had the commentary coming before the picture (by 4secs) which was pretty annoying.

Whole thing was hopefully just first day nerves / glitches. They definitely need to stop telling me that I can change it to English though, because I have and it doesn't ****ing work.
Old Aug 18th 2013, 5:06 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Scamp
Once again an almighty ****ing mess.

Gray and Keys clearly didn't really know what they were doing, which was surprising. The HD channels are all in English according to my options but blasting out the usual Arabic bollocks. Non-HD football on Jazeera is barely worth watching and then the United v Swansea game had the commentary coming before the picture (by 4secs) which was pretty annoying.

Whole thing was hopefully just first day nerves / glitches. They definitely need to stop telling me that I can change it to English though, because I have and it doesn't ****ing work.
It wasn't the best. Lets just hope its teething problems and they get it sorted for next week.
Old Aug 18th 2013, 5:35 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

I quite liked the set up.... The graphic showing the penalty takers last 5 pens was a nice touch as was the cards being displayed above the score.

Either way, Liverpool were mighty lucky, Arsenal can have no complaints about the second 'penalty' after getting a free pass when their keeper stayed on the field for the first pen. He should have walked. Benteke is a machine! As for United..... I was worrying after the first 20 minutes as it was uber dull, however, RVP's first goal was awesome!
Old Aug 18th 2013, 6:57 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by jam25mack
I quite liked the set up.... The graphic showing the penalty takers last 5 pens was a nice touch as was the cards being displayed above the score.

Either way, Liverpool were mighty lucky, Arsenal can have no complaints about the second 'penalty' after getting a free pass when their keeper stayed on the field for the first pen. He should have walked. Benteke is a machine! As for United..... I was worrying after the first 20 minutes as it was uber dull, however, RVP's first goal was awesome!
Van Pizzle is you're chance of winning the league, if he stays fit, you've got a chance.

Welbeck is beyond me, he has already beaten his goal tally in the league for all of last season...in the first game...how is he still there?
Old Aug 18th 2013, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Van Pizzle is you're chance of winning the league, if he stays fit, you've got a chance.

Welbeck is beyond me, he has already beaten his goal tally in the league for all of last season...in the first game...how is he still there?
I think there will be some business done before the window slams shut so I am not too worried...... yet! Also Zaha looks good (if a little raw), as does Adnan Ljkwlxzrj or whatever his name is.

I agree with you on Welbeck, I have never really been a fan. He just looks awkward, like a new foal trying to take it's first steps. The funny thing is that a lot of the pundits rate him.... Also how he seems to keep Hernandez out of the team when the Little Pea is a natural goal scorer is beyond me.
Old Aug 18th 2013, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

I stopped a guy in the street and said, "Can you help me? I'm looking for a rubbish tip."

He said, "Arsenal to win the Premiership."
Old Aug 18th 2013, 12:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I've had it sparko (i.e I am pleased with them) with Al Jazeera

Got a year's subscription at $50 starting Feb 13. - They will honour that before quadrupling the fee due to better offering ($19 pm) at next bill date Feb 14.

ALJAZEERASPORT.TV is changing ahead of the new season, with adjustments made to our packages and price plans.

The new packages will allow subscribers access to all our channels, including live streams from English Premier League, UEFA Champions League, La Liga, Ligue 1, Serie A, World Cup Qualifiers and much, much more.

On your next bill date, your annual subscription will change to a monthly subscription. You will be billed $19 per month starting on your next bill date on or after August 19th.

As a valued subscriber, we want to make sure you have adequate time to adapt to the changes to your account and still enjoy all the live coverage streamed on ALJAZEERASPORT.TV. Until your next bill date you will be able to enjoy access to all ALJAZEERASPORT.TV channels with your current subscription.

Last edited by flares; Aug 18th 2013 at 12:17 pm.
Old Aug 19th 2013, 2:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by The_Citizen
Can you just use your du box or do you need a new box?
No idea. I don't have one.
Old Aug 19th 2013, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

isn't Fulham at home meant to be the easiest game of the season ?
Old Aug 19th 2013, 8:39 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Sandboy
isn't Fulham at home meant to be the easiest game of the season ?
Surely Newcastle away?
Old Aug 19th 2013, 8:43 am
Just Joined

GB1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jim Smith
No idea. I don't have one.
I have got a Du bpx and just added to 70 Dib package for Jazeera, under the usual +1 - 10 it then came up with about 4 channels called "New Channel" and these were the HD in English ones
Old Aug 19th 2013, 8:57 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Surely Newcastle away?
Cheeky git!

Not looking forward to tonights game, got a feeling we'll get stuffed. But if we win 0:4 then we'll go top. Only problem is if we lose 4:0 we'll be bottom.
Old Aug 19th 2013, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kix
Cheeky git!

Not looking forward to tonights game, got a feeling we'll get stuffed. But if we win 0:4 then we'll go top. Only problem is if we lose 4:0 we'll be bottom.
I'm a bit worried about it from a city fan point of view but I worry about every game!

Remy will score.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.