Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Predictions for Nov-December 2017

Predictions for Nov-December 2017

Old Nov 5th 2017, 6:05 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Predictions for Nov-December 2017

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
To prevent this from going on for another five pages, Scamp bought a Ford Explorer. Just like the one he used to have. He only uses it to cart his golf clubs to the course once a week. He's also now thinking about resigning without another job lined up. All clear?
thanks DXB...i'm now all up to speed
Old Nov 5th 2017, 6:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
No, just no. Not again. Not another car thread.
Did somebody mention Car thread???
Old Nov 5th 2017, 7:15 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

To prevent this from going on for another five pages, Scamp bought a Ford Explorer. Just like the one he used to have. He only uses it to cart his golf clubs to the course once a week. He's also now thinking about resigning without another job lined up. All clear?
Thanks.

Originally Posted by Dubaiexile
Not me guv.

Originally Posted by mission
thanks DXB...i'm now all up to speed
Not quite.

It's Sunday.

There you go.
Old Nov 5th 2017, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

if i put up another car thread, will you all blank me
Old Nov 5th 2017, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

if i put up another car thread, will you all blank me
Of course not Mission, why would you think that??

Are you thinking of getting a replacement??
Old Nov 6th 2017, 5:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Of course not Mission, why would you think that??

Are you thinking of getting a replacement??
aww thanks DUBS
yep am seriously thinking of upgrading from my M235i to the new M2 - would luv to get the M3 or even M4 - but way out of my budget.
https://www.bmw-me.com/en/all-models...-a-glance.html
what do you guys reckon?
I test drove it a couple of weeks ago
Old Nov 6th 2017, 5:45 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

aww thanks DUBS
yep am seriously thinking of upgrading from my M235i to the new M2 - would luv to get the M3 or even M4 - but way out of my budget.
https://www.bmw-me.com/en/all-models...-a-glance.html
what do you guys reckon?
I test drove it a couple of weeks ago
Must be shit loads of fun on all these straight roads between lights and avoiding speed cameras.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 5:50 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Is the prediction now going to be whether Mission is going to get a new car before the end of the year?

Lesson learnt: if I want to talk about something, start a thread on an entirely unrelated topic.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 5:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Is the prediction now going to be whether Mission is going to get a new car before the end of the year?

Lesson learnt: if I want to talk about something, start a thread on an entirely unrelated topic.
sowwie DXB - will not mention car again
Old Nov 6th 2017, 6:46 am
BE Enthusiast

sowwie DXB - will not mention car again

Ignore him the sun was in his eyes when he woke up this morning...you crack on and tell us about your car!
Old Nov 6th 2017, 7:49 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Just getting to a point here where I see no growth or progression and I'm about to be shafted out of an 18month long wait for promotion I think. If I do get it I won't get the pay rise in line with that grade either, so I'm going to be pissed off regardless.

Anyway. We'll see. I'm going to start throwing some threats around and see if they give a shit.
Doubt the threats are worth it, they'll probably start looking for a cheaper replacement behind your back.
I'd give the going it alone option a shot if it's in your mind now, otherwise you'll regret not doing it in later life.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 7:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Ignore him the sun was in his eyes when he woke up this morning...you crack on and tell us about your car!
hahaha
well it's definitely in a league of his own compared to my current M235i - which it ought to be since it's AED 75k more ....the overall look of the car is well slick, both exterior and interior.....top speed of 270 km/h....370 bph......0-100km in 4.3 secs.
I'm wondering what it could be compared too, if anything.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 10:18 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
Doubt the threats are worth it, they'll probably start looking for a cheaper replacement behind your back.
I'd give the going it alone option a shot if it's in your mind now, otherwise you'll regret not doing it in later life.
Problem is, it's the option that's the easiest to be scared of.

More planning and thinking required.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 12:59 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

hahaha
well it's definitely in a league of his own compared to my current M235i - which it ought to be since it's AED 75k more ....the overall look of the car is well slick, both exterior and interior.....top speed of 270 km/h....370 bph......0-100km in 4.3 secs.
I'm wondering what it could be compared too, if anything.
Stock 435d will come very close to M4 performance, but at half the cost and twice the fuel efficiency. Can be engine mapped to beat a stock M4 if that's important to you.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 1:36 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Johnnyboy11
Stock 435d will come very close to M4 performance, but at half the cost and twice the fuel efficiency. Can be engine mapped to beat a stock M4 if that's important to you.
With 4WD thrown in as well. And doesn't look brash. EcoPro mode thru' Sport+ mode.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.