Predictions for 2018

Old Jan 4th 2018, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Predictions for 2018

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Pretty sure those in my office are not on holiday or visiting friends.
And what does it have to do with what I said?
Old Jan 4th 2018, 9:29 am
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
Well I assume the project is solid because they're recruiting for it, and I believe the company I'm coming to work for have work all over the region. It might work to my benefit anyway with rents coming down, etc. Gotta look at the positives!
Assuming this is you:

younger, thinner, dumber, cheaper models....

then you'll be fine!
Old Jan 4th 2018, 9:32 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope
Assuming this is you:

younger, thinner, dumber, cheaper models....

then you'll be fine!

Ha! Dumber, maybe. Not sure about the rest. It would be nice to get thinner while I'm there. I will be avoiding the 12-hour brunches at the Marriott (if they're still on).
Old Jan 4th 2018, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Ha! Dumber, maybe. Not sure about the rest. It would be nice to get thinner while I'm there. I will be avoiding the 12-hour brunches at the Marriott (if they're still on).
Top brunches are now clocking 700+ AED and for around 3.5 hours rather than the full four.
Old Jan 4th 2018, 9:53 am
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure why you are so anxious given that you - literally - wrote the book on surviving Dubai! And frankly it's easier and more "normal" these days - though more expensive...

I think Dubai projects related, as most are, to the Expo are the most secure as they have a clear and unbreakable deadline. Dubai also seems to be consistently finding the cash to pay for the necessary stuff also at the moment unlike much of the rest of the region.
Old Jan 4th 2018, 9:53 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Top brunches are now clocking 700+ AED and for around 3.5 hours rather than the full four.

How much? That's £140! I'll definitely be avoiding them in that case.
Old Jan 4th 2018, 9:57 am
Excess Baggage

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope
Not sure why you are so anxious given that you - literally - wrote the book on surviving Dubai! And frankly it's easier and more "normal" these days - though more expensive...

I think Dubai projects related, as most are, to the Expo are the most secure as they have a clear and unbreakable deadline. Dubai also seems to be consistently finding the cash to pay for the necessary stuff also at the moment unlike much of the rest of the region.

Yeah, I don't like talking about the book...it was a blog turned into a pretty poor book. A blog about my health problems, brunches and shopping malls. Still, I might be able to write a follow-up with my older, wiser, fatter head...
Old Jan 4th 2018, 9:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I don't like talking about the book...it was a blog turned into a pretty poor book. A blog about my health problems, brunches and shopping malls. Still, I might be able to write a follow-up with my older, wiser, fatter head...
I liked the book.

Weasel's was just better.
Old Jan 4th 2018, 10:09 am
Excess Baggage

I liked the book.

I wasn't fishing, honest...you're too kind. Weasel's was really good.
Old Jan 4th 2018, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

I liked the book.

A link to the book?
Old Jan 4th 2018, 10:20 am
Excess Baggage

A link to the book?

It's not for sale any more. If you want a copy I can send you a kindle copy by e-mail. Drop me a PM.
Old Jan 4th 2018, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Definitely true.

Why pay for an expat, his wife and 4 snotty kids when you could get exactly the same on married or single status only? Get a younger version with a bit less experience and save even more.
We're under pressure to hire more sub-con type PMs and Cost guys instead of always hunting / plumping for the expat.
Guys with large families here will be a rare breed soon . The numbers do not stack up and haven't sone for a long time.

When recruiting i always look for a single status type hire. No margin in bog standard projects here to be paying out school fees for fellas with 3 kids.
Old Jan 4th 2018, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

It's not for sale any more. If you want a copy I can send you a kindle copy by e-mail. Drop me a PM.
Ah, thanks. Don't have a kindle, unfortunately. Too bad, it was probably a decent read.
Old Jan 4th 2018, 10:38 am
Excess Baggage

Ah, thanks. Don't have a kindle, unfortunately. Too bad, it was probably a decent read.

This is the blog the book was based on. Mostly the same material.

Beer and Bloating in Dubai
Old Jan 4th 2018, 10:38 am
...we killed the flame

Kindle app is free in Apple or Android store, worth having also. Loads of excellent free kindle books, especially classics.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.