PO Box No

Old Nov 7th 2017, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute
Default PO Box No

is there a way to find out an actual address that relates to a PO Box No?
Old Nov 7th 2017, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PO Box No

I am not sure there is one.

Most of the expats who worked where I worked, if they needed a parcel delivered that required a physical address (if that is what this is about), had it sent to work instead of to a PO Box. All of the Arabs and Subcontinent workers did that and it was accepted, understood and encouraged by management.
Old Nov 7th 2017, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carcajou
I am not sure there is one.

Most of the expats who worked where I worked, if they needed a parcel delivered that required a physical address (if that is what this is about), had it sent to work instead of to a PO Box. All of the Arabs and Subcontinent workers did that and it was accepted, understood and encouraged by management.
Thanks.
I'm trying to track down a company address, but only have their PO Box No address, and when i google the company they have several locations and hence why i was wondering if it was possible to track an address to an actual PO Box no.
Old Nov 7th 2017, 10:41 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Ring them.

Also, getting someone's makhani (sp) number is a handy way of finding them...
Old Nov 7th 2017, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Ring them.

Yes, just ring them - but I am not sure that buildings there have numbers as in a Western address system (and the further you get from the CBD, the less likely that is) - though they were supposed to be introducing one at some point?

I suppose what I am saying is be prepared for the address to be "[Name of Company] Building, Street name, behind the mosque/next to KFC/etc"
Old Nov 7th 2017, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Ring them.

Originally Posted by carcajou
Yes, just ring them - but I am not sure that buildings there have numbers as in a Western address system (and the further you get from the CBD, the less likely that is) - though they were supposed to be introducing one at some point?

I suppose what I am saying is be prepared for the address to be "[Name of Company] Building, Street name, behind the mosque/next to KFC/etc"
errr don't you think i have tried that several times lol...it's the reason why i am trying to track the address so that i can track an alternative main line number (assuming there is one).
Old Nov 7th 2017, 12:07 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by mission
errr don't you think i have tried that several times lol...it's the reason why i am trying to track the address so that i can track an alternative main line number (assuming there is one).
So, there's a company you want to get hold of or visit or post to and you have no information for them other than their PO Box?

You should work for Souq. That's how they sign up their sellers....
Old Nov 8th 2017, 2:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

There is a rumour they know how to register for VAT !!!!
Old Nov 8th 2017, 5:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Why don't you post them something to their PO Box asking the question?
Old Nov 8th 2017, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

So, there's a company you want to get hold of or visit or post to and you have no information for them other than their PO Box?

You should work for Souq. That's how they sign up their sellers....
lol...uff i'm just trying to get alternative telephone number!

Originally Posted by Dubaiexile
There is a rumour they know how to register for VAT !!!!

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Why don't you post them something to their PO Box asking the question?
thank you for your VERY helpful advice
Old Nov 8th 2017, 11:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

simple answer is no. The PO Box number refers to a PO Box in one of the Emirates Post Offices. Our office is in JLT but the PO Box is in Karama

Last edited by Inselaffen; Nov 8th 2017 at 11:12 am.