British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   PO Box No (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/po-box-no-905547/)

mission Nov 7th 2017 10:02 am

PO Box No

is there a way to find out an actual address that relates to a PO Box No?

carcajou Nov 7th 2017 10:05 am

Re: PO Box No

I am not sure there is one.

Most of the expats who worked where I worked, if they needed a parcel delivered that required a physical address (if that is what this is about), had it sent to work instead of to a PO Box. All of the Arabs and Subcontinent workers did that and it was accepted, understood and encouraged by management.

mission Nov 7th 2017 10:27 am

Originally Posted by carcajou (Post 12376624)
I am not sure there is one.

Most of the expats who worked where I worked, if they needed a parcel delivered that required a physical address (if that is what this is about), had it sent to work instead of to a PO Box. All of the Arabs and Subcontinent workers did that and it was accepted, understood and encouraged by management.

Thanks.
I'm trying to track down a company address, but only have their PO Box No address, and when i google the company they have several locations and hence why i was wondering if it was possible to track an address to an actual PO Box no.

scrubbedexpat141 Nov 7th 2017 10:41 am

Ring them.

Also, getting someone's makhani (sp) number is a handy way of finding them...

carcajou Nov 7th 2017 10:45 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12376651)
Ring them.

Yes, just ring them - but I am not sure that buildings there have numbers as in a Western address system (and the further you get from the CBD, the less likely that is) - though they were supposed to be introducing one at some point?

I suppose what I am saying is be prepared for the address to be "[Name of Company] Building, Street name, behind the mosque/next to KFC/etc"

mission Nov 7th 2017 11:48 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12376651)
Ring them.

Originally Posted by carcajou (Post 12376654)
Yes, just ring them - but I am not sure that buildings there have numbers as in a Western address system (and the further you get from the CBD, the less likely that is) - though they were supposed to be introducing one at some point?

I suppose what I am saying is be prepared for the address to be "[Name of Company] Building, Street name, behind the mosque/next to KFC/etc"

errr don't you think i have tried that several times lol...it's the reason why i am trying to track the address so that i can track an alternative main line number (assuming there is one).

scrubbedexpat141 Nov 7th 2017 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by mission (Post 12376697)
errr don't you think i have tried that several times lol...it's the reason why i am trying to track the address so that i can track an alternative main line number (assuming there is one).

So, there's a company you want to get hold of or visit or post to and you have no information for them other than their PO Box?

You should work for Souq. That's how they sign up their sellers....

Dubaiexile Nov 8th 2017 2:58 am

There is a rumour they know how to register for VAT !!!!

Millhouse Nov 8th 2017 5:43 am

Why don't you post them something to their PO Box asking the question?

mission Nov 8th 2017 8:58 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12376712)
So, there's a company you want to get hold of or visit or post to and you have no information for them other than their PO Box?

You should work for Souq. That's how they sign up their sellers....

lol...uff i'm just trying to get alternative telephone number!

Originally Posted by Dubaiexile (Post 12377311)
There is a rumour they know how to register for VAT !!!!

:banghead::banghead:

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 12377368)
Why don't you post them something to their PO Box asking the question?

thank you for your VERY helpful advice:blink:

Inselaffen Nov 8th 2017 11:09 am

simple answer is no. The PO Box number refers to a PO Box in one of the Emirates Post Offices. Our office is in JLT but the PO Box is in Karama