Piano Teacher

Old Jun 10th 2010, 1:35 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute
Question Piano Teacher

OK, here is my 2nd question for the year. Miss RK has been taking piano lessons for a few years now but it's proving more and more difficult to motivate her to attend these classes after school.

Does anyone know a good piano teacher who will come to us and deliver the lessons? We have a piano and, no, she won't take the lessons at school as the schedule interferes with other lessons. We are in Jumeirah.

Any piano teachers out there???

Last edited by Roadking; Jun 10th 2010 at 1:36 pm. Reason: sp
Old Jun 10th 2010, 1:42 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Piano Teacher

Yep, Mrs BTB is one (she does voice training, too).

Taxi to airport, slap up brekkie, flight from AMS to AUH, taxi to your pad, 1 hour's tuition, lunch, trip back (oh, sorry, forgot the cattery for a day and a bit): AED 4,326 per hour OK? Call it 4k for cash.
Old Jun 10th 2010, 1:58 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Yep, Mrs BTB is one (she does voice training, too).

Taxi to airport, slap up brekkie, flight from AMS to AUH, taxi to your pad, 1 hour's tuition, lunch, trip back (oh, sorry, forgot the cattery for a day and a bit): AED 4,326 per hour OK? Call it 4k for cash.
Fook off, I'm not paying for her breakfast!
Old Jun 10th 2010, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

Clay Buster has a spectacular aura aboutClay Buster has a spectacular aura aboutClay Buster has a spectacular aura about

Mrs CB is also a piano teacher! AED100 per half hour, but would have to be in Arabian Ranches unless you're willing to pay for travel time at lesson rates.

If it helps with the motivation, Miss RK would be welcome to play with the CBs' flat-coated retriever after lessons...
Old Jun 10th 2010, 7:16 pm
If I have to explain...

Originally Posted by Clay Buster
Mrs CB is also a piano teacher! AED100 per half hour, but would have to be in Arabian Ranches unless you're willing to pay for travel time at lesson rates.

If it helps with the motivation, Miss RK would be welcome to play with the CBs' flat-coated retriever after lessons...
Thanks for the offer but we need someone to come to us. Don't mind paying a bit over what the Music School costs but AED100 per 1/2 hour plus travelling is a bit rich.
Old Jun 10th 2010, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Clay Buster has a spectacular aura aboutClay Buster has a spectacular aura aboutClay Buster has a spectacular aura about

Seriously Roadking, you're unlikely to get cheaper. 100 per half hour/200 per hour is the going rate and unless you have someone very close, why on Earth wouldn't they charge travel time?

Mrs CB's students aren't complaining about the cost! They are, however, committed to being on time, doing the necessary practice between lessons and having a damn good reason for missing a lesson. Having seen the amount of work she puts in outside lesson time (she spent about 4 hours this evening preparing sheet music and recordings, though the magic of the digital piano and a laptop, for two new students - she isn't charging for that time), I'd rather she charged considerably more. Those 18 years she spent training in music ought to count for something.

May I suggest you decide whether you want a good piano teacher or a cheap one?
Old Jun 11th 2010, 5:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roadking
OK, here is my 2nd question for the year. Miss RK has been taking piano lessons for a few years now but it's proving more and more difficult to motivate her to attend these classes after school.

Does anyone know a good piano teacher who will come to us and deliver the lessons? We have a piano and, no, she won't take the lessons at school as the schedule interferes with other lessons. We are in Jumeirah.

Does anyone know a good piano teacher who will come to us and deliver the lessons? We have a piano

That's important information...........

"Hello? Yes this is Mr Roadking speaking. Oh, you can come to our house to teach my daughter? That's great....... will you manage the piano all by yourself, or do you need any help in bringing it with you...........?"

Last edited by The Dean; Jun 11th 2010 at 5:59 am. Reason: ,,
Old Jun 11th 2010, 6:53 am
If I have to explain...

Seriously Roadking, you're unlikely to get cheaper. 100 per half hour/200 per hour is the going rate and unless you have someone very close, why on Earth wouldn't they charge travel time?

Mrs CB's students aren't complaining about the cost! They are, however, committed to being on time, doing the necessary practice between lessons and having a damn good reason for missing a lesson. Having seen the amount of work she puts in outside lesson time (she spent about 4 hours this evening preparing sheet music and recordings, though the magic of the digital piano and a laptop, for two new students - she isn't charging for that time), I'd rather she charged considerably more. Those 18 years she spent training in music ought to count for something.

May I suggest you decide whether you want a good piano teacher or a cheap one?
Not disputing what you say. My point is Jumeirah Music School is less than 5 minutes away and also have good teachers. They charge less than 200 per hour and also put her through her Trinity exams (she does level 5 this year). Just thought it might be easier, not less expensive or more expensive, to do this at home.
Old Jun 11th 2010, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

Less convenient, but you can always try CMA (in the Gold and Diamond Park) - a change of teacher may help with motivation. Otherwise, for a travelling teacher, try checking out cards in the window at Park n' Rob or ask for recommendations from other parents. Maybe Mrs RK could try asking for recommendations on expatwoman dot com, since ocassionally something sensible can be found there in between the b**** wars....

Last edited by Clay Buster; Jun 11th 2010 at 8:32 am. Reason: spleeing
Old Jun 11th 2010, 10:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Here's the Linkedin Profile of my daughter's singing teacher, she also teaches piano in the Jumeirah area.

http://ae.linkedin.com/pub/deanne-boswell/14/682/702
Old Jun 11th 2010, 10:59 am
If I have to explain...

Originally Posted by Kim67
Here's the Linkedin Profile of my daughter's singing teacher, she also teaches piano in the Jumeirah area.

http://ae.linkedin.com/pub/deanne-boswell/14/682/702
Thanks Kim, will contact through that.
Old Jun 11th 2010, 11:09 am
If I have to explain...

Less convenient, but you can always try CMA (in the Gold and Diamond Park) - a change of teacher may help with motivation. Otherwise, for a travelling teacher, try checking out cards in the window at Park n' Rob or ask for recommendations from other parents. Maybe Mrs RK could try asking for recommendations on expatwoman dot com, since ocassionally something sensible can be found there in between the b**** wars....
Yeah, needs to be convinient for Mrs RK. Bad enough getting her to drive to Beach Road! Will check out P&R though, cheers.
Old Jun 12th 2010, 5:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Kim, will contact through that.
No worries.
Old Jun 16th 2010, 12:08 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

My boy was taking lessons from a teacher in Jumeirah and she seemed quite good - one of the mums at his school.

If you PM me I will put you in touch with the former Mrs. Norm who can give you more details.

N.
Old Jun 16th 2010, 12:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
My boy was taking lessons from a teacher in Jumeirah and she seemed quite good - one of the mums at his school.
Now we are talking. This is exactly what I am looking for when we move to Dubai... or are you still talking about the piano?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.