On phone to bank

Old Oct 8th 2012, 1:19 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default On phone to bank

have been for 40 mins, think i'm going to kill myself (it would be easier)
That is all
Old Oct 8th 2012, 1:35 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: On phone to bank

dear god save me from these incompetent twats before i do something silly
Old Oct 8th 2012, 1:44 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Old Oct 8th 2012, 1:44 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

That will cheer you up.
Old Oct 8th 2012, 1:51 pm
**** it we'll do it live

**** off
Old Oct 8th 2012, 2:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Something like this, then?
Old Oct 9th 2012, 4:36 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

How'd you get on?

I opened up both barrels on HSBC the other day...
Old Oct 9th 2012, 5:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold

I did ages with Emirates NBD last night. Mostly muppets. About an hour later someone useful phoned me back, already knew what I wanted, confirmed a clear set of details he needed to know, and actioned it all then. Why do I feel like I've been scammed...
Old Oct 9th 2012, 5:25 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

I haven't even started to open my bank account yet! Going to be lots of fun!!!
Old Oct 9th 2012, 5:31 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Manchester_QS
I haven't even started to open my bank account yet! Going to be lots of fun!!!
It's not that bad really mate....

I phoned HSBC because my debit card wouldn't work in 4 different ATMs. Woman said that my card was broken and she would order me a new one. I pointed out that it was 3 days old because it had just been replaced. Asked if perhaps she could check if there were any issues with HSBC cards in other ATMs today?

Hold for 30 seconds

Yes sir, you can only use HSBC cash machines today, there is maintenance.

I asked why she was going to order a new card if that was the case...she pretended she didn't understand so to make it extra awkward I kept asking the same question. Eventually she admitted that she 'hadn't got that memo'.

Thankfully I know now to ask several times for things to be checked before accepting the first answer. It would have been 4 days without a cash card...fortunately also the guys at the tyre place in Satwa were happy to wait with 400 dirhams instead of 3,400 whilst I went to Dubai Mall and did my shopping.
Old Oct 9th 2012, 5:35 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Scamp
It's not that bad really mate....

I phoned HSBC because my debit card wouldn't work in 4 different ATMs. Woman said that my card was broken and she would order me a new one. I pointed out that it was 3 days old because it had just been replaced. Asked if perhaps she could check if there were any issues with HSBC cards in other ATMs today?

Hold for 30 seconds

Yes sir, you can only use HSBC cash machines today, there is maintenance.

I asked why she was going to order a new card if that was the case...she pretended she didn't understand so to make it extra awkward I kept asking the same question. Eventually she admitted that she 'hadn't got that memo'.

Thankfully I know now to ask several times for things to be checked before accepting the first answer. It would have been 4 days without a cash card...fortunately also the guys at the tyre place in Satwa were happy to wait with 400 dirhams instead of 3,400 whilst I went to Dubai Mall and did my shopping.
Are HSBC the best ones to use then?
Old Oct 9th 2012, 6:26 am
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

You're having a 'Gerry Giraffe' mate! - Never had an account with them, and I started to get 'Abusive Phone Calls' saying that I owed Dhs 60,000/- (From a Call Centre in India!)
Old Oct 9th 2012, 6:54 am
Account Closed

They're not bad actually.

I'm with them because my old company banked with them. Simple as that.

It's an element of same shit different toilet with banks here....everyone has a horror story with different banks.

That call was the first time in 18 months I've had a go at them and it was purely that one woman being an idiot.
Old Oct 9th 2012, 7:09 am
Shark Fisherman

Originally Posted by OleJanx
Something like this, then?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Cl8QQFDHCok

Another kevin bloody wilson classic!
Old Oct 9th 2012, 9:19 am
**** it we'll do it live

[QUOTE=Scamp;10320912]It would have been 4 days without a cash card.../QUOTE]

i'm now over 10 days without an hsbc uae atm card, after they canceled the last one without telling me. answer was apparently it was too old and why hadnt i changed it, funny cos ive been requesting a chip and pin for about 4 ****ing years and why didnt they tell me they were cancelling it, cue argument that they did/didnt. followed by discovery that dhl had the card a week ago but the bank gave them some phone numbers that werent mine so no wonder dhl couldnt arrange delivery.

on the plus side i found out that they did this to an ex employe of theirs who was at regional C level recently, he has now downgraded his accounts here to the same one that laborers get and funnily enough reckons the service he receives is better!

anyway im now waiting for them to not turn up with the wrong cards to the wrong house calling the wrong numbers.
TWATS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.