Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Personal trainers in private residence

Personal trainers in private residence

Old May 29th 2010, 10:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Personal trainers in private residence

Hi all,

I am fuming!!!Had my workout with my personal trainer this morning at 8.30am noone else in the gym at all apart from the last 15 minutes. The gym is on the roof of my building.

During my session one of my fu**wit security guards came in to let me know personal trainers are not allowed in the building as the gym is only for private use of the tenants only. We finished my session anyway and I'm now trying to get hold of my letting agent to give him an earful and just thought I'd check that this is f**king ridiculous!

Has anyone else had any problems with this?

Thanks

a very angry Kittycat ( GROWL)
Old May 29th 2010, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Personal trainers in private residence

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Hi all,

I am fuming!!!Had my workout with my personal trainer this morning at 8.30am noone else in the gym at all apart from the last 15 minutes. The gym is on the roof of my building.

During my session one of my fu**wit security guards came in to let me know personal trainers are not allowed in the building as the gym is only for private use of the tenants only. We finished my session anyway and I'm now trying to get hold of my letting agent to give him an earful and just thought I'd check that this is f**king ridiculous!

Thanks

I would suggest to simply ignore him.

If he bugs you again, tell him to show you the paper where it says you can't have a personal trainer.
See, the moron might think you are having a guest for free in there....
Old May 29th 2010, 6:04 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alexa
I would suggest to simply ignore him.

If he bugs you again, tell him to show you the paper where it says you can't have a personal trainer.
See, the moron might think you are having a guest for free in there....
It's Insurance & liability and all that.The Personal Trainer and you would have to sign disclaimer/waiver.
Then your landlord would want to rent the use of the equipment you are using to the Personal Trainer.
Old May 29th 2010, 7:13 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

I say got off yer fat ass and motivate yerself. personall trainer; fwaah.

But then I'm the side of a house and happy with it!!!

Pass me dem chips!
Old May 29th 2010, 7:27 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roadking
I say got off yer fat ass and motivate yerself. personall trainer; fwaah.

But then I'm the side of a house and happy with it!!!

Pass me dem chips!
That'll be back side?.....

or fewking back side to you

Old May 29th 2010, 9:52 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

jobsworths, the lot of them.

I had a pool party for my toddler and had invited about 6 of her little friends (with parents, so not unaccompanied). There were about 3 other people using the pool deck about 20/30 meters away. Anyhow, a security guard came over and told me that only my family could use the area and that all the others should get out. I told him there was no chance, so he mumbled something about "people complaining" - like who?! - so I told them that if anyone did, I would gladly talk to them directly.

I would have been more sympathetic had there been more people using the space, but like you, there weren't so no harm could have been done.

As for the insurance issue - since when do you think that you could sue the building for anything?! Certainly the facilities in mine have waivers all over the place!
Old May 30th 2010, 4:34 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Hi all,

Thanks

I don't want so sound like some snobby ex pat here, but I really wouldn't take much notice of ANY security guards ANYWHERE.

Just tell him he's a mate and you're not paying him anything.

Anyway I hear it's going really well, so good work petal.

But speaking of security guards, mrs spugsy told me some girl got a AED 5k fine for wear a 'strappy top' or something at MOE, again, I'd have told the security guard to get fûcked and just went home, rather than showing ID and getting the fine etc.

And please don't think this is some racist thing either, if thsi was the UK I'd tell security guards to bugger off, most of them are just self important idiots.
Old May 30th 2010, 7:00 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
I don't want so sound like some snobby ex pat here, but I really wouldn't take much notice of ANY security guards ANYWHERE.

Just tell him he's a mate and you're not paying him anything.

Anyway I hear it's going really well, so good work petal.

But speaking of security guards, mrs spugsy told me some girl got a AED 5k fine for wear a 'strappy top' or something at MOE, again, I'd have told the security guard to get fûcked and just went home, rather than showing ID and getting the fine etc.

And please don't think this is some racist thing either, if thsi was the UK I'd tell security guards to bugger off, most of them are just self important idiots.
well, it's plastered all over at MoE that you have to wear appropriate clothing, so the security was only doing his job and the girl wasn't obeying the rules, so as far as this case is concerned, he wasn't doing anything wrong...or am I missing anything here?
I find it slightly annoying when people seem to think that certain rules aren't for them, and then when they get into trouble over it they get all arsy towards the person that points it out to them cause at the end of the day, he's employed to do his job.
This isn't Torremolinos...and as much as some rules seem far fetched, that's the way it is. The dressing appropriately really shouldn't be a difficult for anyone.
Old May 30th 2010, 8:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

All stupid or pointless rules should be ignored; better still, they should be openly defied.

Modest dress in a shopping mall? Fair enough, up to a point, but not allowing a personal trainer into a gym? I suspect there is no such rule - somebody spotted the trainer, and made it up as he went along.

The swimming pool thing is strange - every family in my apartment block has a 'pool party' at one time or another, with guests invited. There are signs everywhere saying 'residents only' etc but common sense thankfully prevails.
Old May 30th 2010, 5:25 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
well, it's plastered all over at MoE that you have to wear appropriate clothing, so the security was only doing his job and the girl wasn't obeying the rules, so as far as this case is concerned, he wasn't doing anything wrong...or am I missing anything here?
I find it slightly annoying when people seem to think that certain rules aren't for them, and then when they get into trouble over it they get all arsy towards the person that points it out to them cause at the end of the day, he's employed to do his job.
This isn't Torremolinos...and as much as some rules seem far fetched, that's the way it is. The dressing appropriately really shouldn't be a difficult for anyone.
what I'm saying is she should have just legged it.
Old May 30th 2010, 7:44 pm