Pay It Forward

Old Feb 23rd 2009, 6:07 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pay It Forward

Watched a movie tonight that was a bit of Hollywood crap, but the message was brilliant! (Could have sworn I did this before but did a search that turned up nothing).

My take was; Do three people a life changing favour! The more uncomfortable it is for you to do the favour, the better.

The more people that do this, the greater the chance that the favour will be returned...but that is not the point. Make someones life better by doing something positive for them... and do it three times to different people.

Naah, this is the Middle East. Would never work!

Or would it?

Now open for ridicule and abuse...
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 6:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pay It Forward

Originally Posted by Roadking
Watched a movie tonight that was a bit of Hollywood crap, but the message was brilliant! (Could have sworn I did this before but did a search that turned up nothing).

My take was; Do three people a life changing favour! The more uncomfortable it is for you to do the favour, the better.

The more people that do this, the greater the chance that the favour will be returned...but that is not the point. Make someones life better by doing something positive for them... and do it three times to different people.

Or would it?

It's like white people's Seven Pounds...
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 6:18 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
It's like white people's Seven Pounds...
Similar; except 7 pounds was released 2008 and Pass It Forward in 2000. But story is along the same lines, still won't happen in ME.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 6:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Similar; except 7 pounds was released 2008 and Pass It Forward in 2000. But story is along the same lines, still won't happen in ME.
I remember, was it one of Macaulay's kid brothers???
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 6:25 pm
If I have to explain...

I remember, was it one of Macaulay's kid brothers???
Kid with the big eyes that did the "I see dead people" movie.

Not great at who did what.....
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 6:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kid with the big eyes that did the "I see dead people" movie.

Not great at who did what.....
Ahhh ok...Haley Joel Osment...
Old Feb 24th 2009, 3:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

Ahhh ok...Haley Joel Osment...
and Kevin Spacey, I remember watching it on a plane once and it made me feel good...

Its a real uplifting film, Spaceys best film is without doubt the usual suspects as verbal/kaiser...
Old Feb 24th 2009, 3:08 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all

Yeah but the end of the film spoiled it - was crap.

Anyway, doing a "life-changing" favour must be pretty difficult, no? Donate a kidney.....give away your life-savings......???
Old Feb 24th 2009, 6:00 am
Banned

eylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to all

Originally Posted by hawkhead
Yeah but the end of the film spoiled it - was crap.

Anyway, doing a "life-changing" favour must be pretty difficult, no? Donate a kidney.....give away your life-savings......???
Not difficult. One year instead of Xmas pressies for each other we sent $5,000 dollars to the Somali lady who helped with the kids.
That changed her life, she got her son into a good school, done the house up, loads.

We get cards from her every Xmas telling us how they are doing, the latest was that her son is studying medicine and will becoma a doctor.

My wife's brother has been working only part time for the last year,
(a lawyer so maybe some justice there) and she chips him 500 quid a month.
That makes a big difference to him.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 6:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond repute

Or would it?

I watched it last night on Fox! It was quite good but that child has always annoyed me for some reason.The voice i think.
Kevin Spacey can do no wrong though...I love him. Watched K-PAX the other night too!
Old Feb 24th 2009, 6:51 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sky Blue
Its a real uplifting film, Spaceys best film is without doubt the usual suspects as verbal/kaiser...
Wholeheartedly disgree. He was even better in American Beauty and K-Pak(?) the one with Jeff Bridges where he thinks he is an alien.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 6:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Wholeheartedly disgree. He was even better in American Beauty and K-Pak(?) the one with Jeff Bridges where he thinks he is an alien.
Love those movies, he is a good actor.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 6:57 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, saw the movie a few years ago, and love the message it brings, try to implement it whenever possible, as it reminds me of an experience of mine when I was younger hitchhiking across Europe.

Kevin Spacey - excellent in American Beauty and The Usual Suspects though, both very good. He was also very good in The Negotiator ( with Sammy L Jackson ) , but it seems one of those low profile films.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lionheart
Hes good in American Beauty, but never seen K Pat, looks awful...
Old Feb 24th 2009, 10:08 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sky Blue
Hes good in American Beauty, but never seen K Pat, looks awful...
its good and bad, in a sort of good and bad way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.