Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Pakistan Independence Day

Pakistan Independence Day

Old Aug 15th 2008, 5:04 am
Account Closed

scarletfan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pakistan Independence Day

Yesterday morning, 7:30am the teaboys went round the office with a slice of cake for everybody. Yesterday afternoon they came round the office again with samosas and cans of mountain dew for everybody. The reason:Pakistani Independence day. All paid for out of their own pockets! These guys were beaming yesterday and proud of their nationality. Nothing of this sort happened on any Brit or other Western National Days, and yesterday I felt ashamed that these guys who earn peanuts compared to a lot of us, went to all this trouble. Did this happen anywhere else yesterday?
Old Aug 15th 2008, 6:17 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Pakistan Independence Day

That's nice, now you just have to think of an excuse to return the goodwill with interest.
Old Aug 15th 2008, 6:23 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pakistan Independence Day

Originally Posted by scarletfan
Yesterday morning, 7:30am the teaboys went round the office with a slice of cake for everybody. Yesterday afternoon they came round the office again with samosas and cans of mountain dew for everybody. The reason:Pakistani Independence day. All paid for out of their own pockets! These guys were beaming yesterday and proud of their nationality. Nothing of this sort happened on any Brit or other Western National Days, and yesterday I felt ashamed that these guys who earn peanuts compared to a lot of us, went to all this trouble. Did this happen anywhere else yesterday?
not to us, I think we have one old pakistani bloke, the rest are ndians with a couple or sri lankans, our tea boy actualy lives at work, he's there all the time, I'm a grad 15 and he's a grade 1, I dread to think how much he earns, I've been thinking of giving him a tip when I leave, poor lad.
Old Aug 15th 2008, 7:00 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scarletfan
Never seen or heard of any nationality doing that.

There's an idea for St Georges day though, I'll take some pork pies and a crate of John Smiths into the office.
Old Aug 15th 2008, 7:04 am
Account Closed

scarletfan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Never seen or heard of any nationality doing that.

There's an idea for St Georges day though, I'll take some pork pies and a crate of John Smiths into the office.
Yeah, I'll make a cauldron of traditional cawl and get some welsh cakes!