Paid Holiday Abroad...

Old Jul 22nd 2009, 6:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Paid Holiday Abroad...

If your employer came to you and told you that as a reward for a great year the company is sending you and your OH (Kids optional) to a city/country of your choice for a four day vacation; flights and hotels all paid for...

What would be your choice of destination and why???
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 6:42 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paid Holiday Abroad...

Originally Posted by Confucius
If your employer came to you and told you that as a reward for a great year the company is sending you and your OH (Kids optional) to a city/country of your choice for a four day vacation; flights and hotels all paid for...

When were you thinking of going that would make a difference to my recommendation.
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 6:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kate2112
When were you thinking of going that would make a difference to my recommendation.
Let's say 3 dates: Around Christmas, around Easter, during summer months...
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 6:53 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Let's say 3 dates: Around Christmas, around Easter, during summer months...
Christmas - London - Because Christmas in London feels really special there lots of holiday shows free and otherwise going on as well as an air of festivity.

Easter - Greece - Like to spend this time with friends in Stoupa, Peleponnesse. Spring flowers, gorge walking, hill climbing - blah blah.

Summer - Early summer - New York/Washington DC - Both have lots to see and do. If you do take the children there are lots of Smithsonian Museums to see for free. Mid Summer - Alaska - lots of wildlife- temperatures that a human being can live with. Late summer/Early Autumn - Norway - 4 days is enough time to see Oslo and surrounding areas - Bygoy (sp?) is great for children and adults to explore - allsorts of other museums and sights to see too.

Have fun wherever you choose!
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 6:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Kate2112
Christmas - London - Because Christmas in London feels really special there lots of holiday shows free and otherwise going on as well as an air of festivity.

Easter - Greece - Like to spend this time with friends in Stoupa, Peleponnesse. Spring flowers, gorge walking, hill climbing - blah blah.

Summer - Early summer - New York/Washington DC - Both have lots to see and do. If you do take the children there are lots of Smithsonian Museums to see for free. Mid Summer - Alaska - lots of wildlife- temperatures that a human being can live with. Late summer/Early Autumn - Norway - 4 days is enough time to see Oslo and surrounding areas - Bygoy (sp?) is great for children and adults to explore - allsorts of other museums and sights to see too.

Have fun wherever you choose!
Good choices you propose...Will take many of them into account...As you know, the OP started with "IF"...
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 4:08 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Christmas...Orlando yes I know you said 4 days but would be well worth it, so over the top with house decoration, just brilliant and xmas day in a lot of places the price of brunches is exactly the same as other times of the year .

Easter.....Holland, I just love the place but easter time it is so colourful

Summer.......I just love the south of France.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 5:38 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Rio De Janeiro during the festival...because its a long way to fly and because I have never been.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 5:41 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Rio De Janeiro during the festival...because its a long way to fly and because I have never been.
Yes, now I would love to do that, they reckon its superb.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 6:39 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

I won/was awarded....nah.....worked my nuts off for, a company paid holiday a couple of years back. He would only pay my flight though, tight shite.

Boss offered me a 4 day trip to europe at a set date, I succesfully argued that as it was a reward i should be able to choose when and where.

I convinced him that I could better spend his estimated budget for Europe in Thailand and could get 10 days for less than he would pay for 4, then took extra leave and took a total of 14 days in thailand holiday. I also convinced him that as I hadnt used my annual flight home that he should use that allowance for my wifes flight to thailand...again costing him less.
I got what i wanted he paid less than his initial budget, all round result

Conf, if you "win" it, find out what the max budget is then do some calculations, if they are willing to pay 4 days anywhere then you may be able to juggle that budget to get a hell of a lot more than 4 days somewhere
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 7:07 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

4 days - somewhere close - The Seychelles or the Maldives
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 11:23 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
I won/was awarded....nah.....worked my nuts off for, a company paid holiday a couple of years back. He would only pay my flight though, tight shite.

Boss offered me a 4 day trip to europe at a set date, I succesfully argued that as it was a reward i should be able to choose when and where.

I convinced him that I could better spend his estimated budget for Europe in Thailand and could get 10 days for less than he would pay for 4, then took extra leave and took a total of 14 days in thailand holiday. I also convinced him that as I hadnt used my annual flight home that he should use that allowance for my wifes flight to thailand...again costing him less.

Conf, if you "win" it, find out what the max budget is then do some calculations, if they are willing to pay 4 days anywhere then you may be able to juggle that budget to get a hell of a lot more than 4 days somewhere
You get nada for nada in this world..Ask for cash equivalent instead and you and yours enjoy spending the $$$ on new Hi Fi or Digi stuff or whatever....
In most cases it's a scam...the Company get top dollar accomodation free so long as the guest(you) spend a certain amount.
Like Shiva highlights, look carefully into the gifthorse's mouth.
Good luck Musicman,no doubt you put the hours in.
x
Old Jul 24th 2009, 12:38 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

If the company is paying, I'd suggest the moon...might never get the chance again

Other wise, Hawaii, but don't know how much of a munter the flights might be for you, so probably not worth it.

Austria in spring if you like hiking mountains, in winter if you like skiing...go to the south west or east to get away from the massive tourist traps, a lot nicer and less crowded, good wine, lovely scenery, superb beer... Ost-Tirol is my suggestion, only an hours drive into northern Italy for a day trip if you fancied.
Old Jul 24th 2009, 7:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by rowell
Christmas...Orlando yes I know you said 4 days but would be well worth it, so over the top with house decoration, just brilliant and xmas day in a lot of places the price of brunches is exactly the same as other times of the year .

Easter.....Holland, I just love the place but easter time it is so colourful

Summer.......I just love the south of France.
The shouth of France is great any time of year...

Originally Posted by lionheart
Oh I would like to be there during the Carnaval to satisfy my carnal desires...

Originally Posted by shiva

Shiva, I can't win it...One of my minions will...Demotion looks like a good prospect sometimes...
Old Jul 24th 2009, 8:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
4 days - somewhere close - The Seychelles or the Maldives
Hmmm...Somehow, I don't see that happening...Bachelors usually go for other desirable places...

Originally Posted by Eva
You get nada for nada in this world..Ask for cash equivalent instead and you and yours enjoy spending the $$$ on new Hi Fi or Digi stuff or whatever....
In most cases it's a scam...the Company get top dollar accomodation free so long as the guest(you) spend a certain amount.
Like Shiva highlights, look carefully into the gifthorse's mouth.
Good luck Musicman,no doubt you put the hours in.
x
No cash equivalents, Eva...And what do you men re small print???

Originally Posted by Bob
If the company is paying, I'd suggest the moon...might never get the chance again

Other wise, Hawaii, but don't know how much of a munter the flights might be for you, so probably not worth it.

Austria in spring if you like hiking mountains, in winter if you like skiing...go to the south west or east to get away from the massive tourist traps, a lot nicer and less crowded, good wine, lovely scenery, superb beer... Ost-Tirol is my suggestion, only an hours drive into northern Italy for a day trip if you fancied.
The moon - Hah!!! Sky should be the limit...
If it were my choice, I would love to spend 10 days touring Austria, Prague, Budapest, Greece...I love culture...
Old Jul 24th 2009, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

DaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond repute

What about Islamabad, Kandahar, Mogadishu, Sierra Leone and Sulu?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.