Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

One week holiday in June - where to go?

One week holiday in June - where to go?

Old Mar 28th 2017, 4:54 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One week holiday in June - where to go?

Originally Posted by ExpatAl
Positano on the Amalfi Coast, probably one of the most beautiful places in Europe. Very picturesque, great seafood and a real Italian charm. The island of Capri is not far and many people stay 1-2 nights there during their visit. Pompeii and Sorrento are also close by...
Off there next week ...
Old Mar 28th 2017, 5:06 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH

Morocco - was contemplating that. Went there once, but I must have been, oh, old enough just to remember the heat and dust and weird foreign muck that had, you know bones in it. Could be worth a revisit. Fez - Marrakech and the Atlas? Perhaps Essaouira?
There's plenty of variety here. Fez and Meknes for olde-worlde, Ifrane, magical Marrakech, Essaouira for some chilling (I'm there most weekends), desert trips, High Atlas, Branson's place in the middle of nowhere...give Casa, Tangier and Agadir a miss.

Decent wine, good food, fairly safe, lots of history (look up Volubilia, for example), great climate, relatively cheap until you start doing western stuff...
Old Mar 28th 2017, 5:10 pm
Hit 16's

Japan. Just borrow Scamp's itinerary.
Old Mar 28th 2017, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Wouldn't mind going back to Japan. Scamp would want to coordinate it to make sure we're not there at the same time.

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Japan. Just borrow Scamp's itinerary.
Old Mar 28th 2017, 5:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Morocco is on the short list. Looks tempting. A nice balance of things. How's the heat in late June?

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
There's plenty of variety here. Fez and Meknes for olde-worlde, Ifrane, magical Marrakech, Essaouira for some chilling (I'm there most weekends), desert trips, High Atlas, Branson's place in the middle of nowhere...give Casa, Tangier and Agadir a miss.

Decent wine, good food, fairly safe, lots of history (look up Volubilia, for example), great climate, relatively cheap until you start doing western stuff...
Old Mar 28th 2017, 5:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Which part of 'I can guarantee you I'd never sleep with her' did you not understand

Originally Posted by Millhouse
https://www.playboyvacation.com/packages

Dominican Republic.

I watched a documentary about it. I never forget the line when one of the girls refused to sleep with the man... she said in broken English, "I'm not sleeping with him, his penis looks like a sweetcorn."

Still, I think it'll be right up for your street.

Mission, I understand that ladies go to Kenya.
Old Mar 28th 2017, 6:13 pm
Hit 16's

Morocco is on the short list. Looks tempting. A nice balance of things. How's the heat in late June?
Coastal regions are fine, bit warmer inland but not uncomfortable.
Old Mar 29th 2017, 4:39 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by scot47
Stay at home and binge on box sets.
Ironic or not, a great shout.

Dominican Republic.
Eurgh. Nasty.

Wouldn't mind going back to Japan. Scamp would want to coordinate it to make sure we're not there at the same time.
I was only kidding. You can buy me a beer.
Old Mar 29th 2017, 5:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Which part of 'I can guarantee you I'd never sleep with her' did you not understand
the bit where you asked for more information
Old Mar 29th 2017, 5:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Short list:

Morocco: historic old cities (Fez, Marrakech, Meknes) and Essaouira and maybe a swing into the Atlas and the Sahara. Something will likely have to give as I only have 8-9 days.

Bhutan: hand over a bunch of money to a tour agency and just do what they plan. There's no other way to travel in Bhutan, FYI. Would be the weirdest but perhaps most convenient trip planning. Downside is rainy season so wetter than usual and no mountain trekking, but apparently still feasible to travel with short downpours followed by blue skies. See lots of pretty temples and mountains and cultural stuff. No clue how the food is. Any thoughts?

Thailand: split between BKK for Asian chaos and good hotel and food and booze, and Chang Mai for food and relaxing around. Maybe split into thirds and have 2-3 days in the islands / Phuket.

Kruger National Park: six day / seven night safari, flying in/out Jo-burg. No time to see anything else. Winter, shorter days, but excellent viewing. Surprisingly reasonable.

Malaysia: Penang and Cameron Highlands. Food, some mountain walking.

What's your vote?
Old Mar 29th 2017, 5:49 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Short list:

What's your vote?
Morocco or Bhutan.
Old Mar 29th 2017, 5:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

What's your vote?
Is there a "I don't give a **** option?"
Old Mar 29th 2017, 5:53 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

Indonesia for the amazing temples of Prambanan and Borrobouder. That's 2 days, eat Dorian for the rest of the time?

Easy trip from Thailand, fly into Yogyakarta and do it all in 2 days one night.

(Apologies for spelling am still in bed).
Old Mar 29th 2017, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes.

It's called not replying

Is there a "I don't give a **** option?"
Old Mar 29th 2017, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

The temples are neat, aren't they?

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing
Indonesia for the amazing temples of Prambanan and Borrobouder. That's 2 days, eat Dorian for the rest of the time?

Easy trip from Thailand, fly into Yogyakarta and do it all in 2 days one night.

(Apologies for spelling am still in bed).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.