Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

One For Confi, the car-buying guru.....

One For Confi, the car-buying guru.....

Old Apr 22nd 2008, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: One For Confi, the car-buying guru.....

Originally Posted by CeeBee
Anyways back on track....

Explorers are supposed to be good...have you considered a GMC Tahoe or Chevy Suburban though? Both come with 7 seats...good value out there too.

For yourself...if it was my money I'd go with either the new Infiniti G37 Sport with the manual 6 speed box (cracking value) or a 3.0L Z4 coupe....both would be awesome. Take it you don't need more than 2 seats really?

Big debate about the G37 and new 335i at the moment. Think the G37 is slightly quicker...bit of a marmite design though.

Or...go slightly bigger and go for the new Chevy CR8??
I didn't know you could get Elises over there?

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/defa...?storyId=17941
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 9:17 am

Coxy the Bear is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CeeBee
I didn't know you could get Elises over there?

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/defa...?storyId=17941
ROFLMAO Got a mental vision of SexPat trying to prise himself out of an Elise! He's not getting any younger you know?!
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 9:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Coxy the Bear
ROFLMAO Got a mental vision of SexPat trying to prise himself out of an Elise! He's not getting any younger you know?!
well he his on his driving licence. each year here gets older they must knock one year off his driving licence! its amazing what they'll do for a few hundred Dirhams
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 9:26 am

I can see it now, taking it back to the dealer.....

Sexpest: I seem to hae a wee rattle from the seats....

Lotus Dealer: No sir, that's your hip!
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 9:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

I can see it now, taking it back to the dealer.....

Sexpest: I seem to hae a wee rattle from the seats....

Lotus Dealer: No sir, that's your hip!
he'd be better off with one of these

Old Apr 22nd 2008, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
he'd be better off with one of these

http://www.3wheelers.com/invacarac.jpg

You only need to tell him that AC (Cobra fame) used to make them and he's got the sportscar he wants!
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 9:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You only need to tell him that AC (Cobra fame) used to make them and he's got the sportscar he wants!
Made by AC, Composite Bodied singleseater!
he'll be drooling!