Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Obscurestest sentence ever...

Obscurestest sentence ever...

Old Jan 24th 2012, 5:16 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Obscurestest sentence ever...

'A lot of words needed saying and we are in a cauldron where a half phrase can become bigger.'

Platt talking about Balotelli (that's football for those of you who don't know). Mind you, Maudawia takes some beating.
Old Jan 24th 2012, 6:04 pm
Perky but sarky

lullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Obscurestest sentence ever...

Actually my ex news scriptwriter was a genius:

"The researchers through sunntanned study are trying to pass on message that if one wants to sport the tanned look, he should get it done early morning, and should apply spray tan and creams before going for sun tan."

"Having a small glimpse of him, Victor said that his younger daughter had come to visit him and he doesn’t want his other kids to see him in there as almost six weeks for now and he still waits for his fortunate fate."

Old Jan 25th 2012, 6:02 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

This is how I speak after five vodka-martini's...

N.
Old Jan 25th 2012, 5:18 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lullabelle
"Having a small glimpse of him, Victor said that his younger daughter had come to visit him and he doesn’t want his other kids to see him in there as almost six weeks for now and he still waits for his fortunate fate."

I'm thinking massage parlour...
Old Jan 25th 2012, 5:36 pm
Perky but sarky

lullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond repute

"When patient becomes priority in one hospital, then why does an ipad, smartphone and other devices emerege as importance to the doctors anywhere? Use of technological in hospital by a doctor is Necessary… or not? So don’t forget that your patients come first, they are reasons you get paid and they are reasons for your profession."

"Botanical Garden scientist is yet to have discover numerous plants that hold at least 500 medically useful chemicals no one know about ever. James S. Miller, Ph.D., Dean and Vice President for Science at Botanical Garden has spent more 15 years in collecting plants and hasnt managed to find them all. Currenly 135 drugs are available in your market."

These are actual news headlines that almost made it to air... it was like working with Borat. I wouldn't have minded - English wasn't her first language and it wasn't her fault that she was employed in the wrong job. But she invariably got the wrong end of the stick on so many stories and would report the opposite. What I also didn't understand was that the original copy would be in perfect English - which she would rewrite into this gobbledegook.