Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Now that's what I call a bung

Now that's what I call a bung

Old Dec 7th 2011, 9:37 am
Some say, he adores KSA

iamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud of
Default Now that's what I call a bung

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...na-mecca-train

While the commoners are packed in at 400-500 per train, the king gets his own high speed train, 13 coaches for just 30 people...

Imagine the outcry if this happened almost anywhere else.
Old Dec 7th 2011, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Now that's what I call a bung

Yes, our Queen is so common at times.

Old Dec 7th 2011, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

I felt physically nauseous reading that.
Old Dec 7th 2011, 12:16 pm
Some say, he adores KSA

iamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud of

Old King Ab will join a select bunch when he takes ownership, only Norway, the Netherlands, Japan, Morocco and UK monarchy have their own royal trains.

The Japanese Emperor has a kick ass train, look at this beast!

Old Dec 7th 2011, 1:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I bet they don't have the overheard lines nicked either...
Old Dec 7th 2011, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthestig

While the commoners are packed in at 400-500 per train, the king gets his own high speed train, 13 coaches for just 30 people...

Well come now, surely you can not expect him to share a coach with commoners, especially Asians and Africans(shudders at the thought).
Old Dec 7th 2011, 2:18 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
I bet they don't have the overheard lines nicked either...
They don't nick them here in the UK either. Would be rather foolish given that there are 25,000 volts going through OHLE. Cable theft is telecoms and signalling power cables that run along the ground, although some of them do have enough juice in to kill!
Old Dec 7th 2011, 5:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

up yours smartarse-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-14926703

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...rack-fire.html

Last edited by kittycat1; Dec 7th 2011 at 5:10 pm.
Old Dec 7th 2011, 5:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Admit it, you had way too much joy typing that
Old Dec 7th 2011, 5:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I did I'll admit it!

It isnt very often Im right (and I only knew this as I have been stranded because of the overline thefts) so PPPPPPPPP at littlejimmy but still I'm right someone make a note of the date
Old Dec 7th 2011, 5:29 pm
Some say, he adores KSA

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
Well come now, surely you can not expect him to share a coach with commoners, especially Asians and Africans(shudders at the thought).
The Queen and Phil the Greek take the East Coast mainline train up to Kings Lynn every summer with all the oiks and mouth breathers on her way to Sandringham, so why not?

My point was (re: Bung) why didn't the Queen get her own gold plated Eurostar when the Chunnel was built?
Old Dec 7th 2011, 9:29 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

I stand corrected!

What's worse is that I work for Network Rail at the moment. Never heard of stealing Overhead line cable. Bloody mental!

(I was right about the voltage...)
Old Dec 8th 2011, 3:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

little jimmy- theres a lot of pikeys in Essex.. they'll nick anything whether its screwed down or not!
Old Dec 8th 2011, 5:45 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthestig

It's all our fault, or rather our grandfathers generation fault.

If they hadn't been so nice and spineless they would have discovered the oil and annexed the region and taken over...instead of setting up proxy states run by despots to serve the needs of people who want an Empire but don't want to do the dirty work of invasion and annexation to get one.

N.
Old Dec 8th 2011, 2:10 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

My father used to organise all the Queen's rail travel (he worked for BR). Used to get a Christmas card from HM.