Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Norway Vs Scotland WC Qualifier

Norway Vs Scotland WC Qualifier

Old Aug 12th 2009, 8:12 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Norway Vs Scotland WC Qualifier

Originally Posted by Abu Andy
I must admit they were amateur again in the way the handled the whole situation but either way I think Scotlands chances have improved with his omission. There was never a balance to the team when he played. (Only my opinion)

My team for tonight would be:

Marshall

Hutton
Caldwell
Caldwell
Whitaker

Commings
Brown
Fletcher
Hartley
Maloney

Miller

Keep the ball to feet.
what a team of superstars...
Old Aug 12th 2009, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

Dubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant futureDubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant futureDubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant futureDubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant futureDubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant futureDubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant futureDubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by commander
what has ma'baw said now??

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...ls/8193507.stm

All timed so just a few days before the game....
Old Aug 12th 2009, 8:15 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

incidently Andy, did PJ's confirm what channel it is actually on? or did they simply say they would show it upstairs??

trust me, its a valid question...i have done many a dubai/AD pub run around for Scotland matches when bars have gave the standard 'yes, it will be shown' answer only to find Al Ain V Al Wadha on the box
Old Aug 12th 2009, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

Dubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant futureDubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant futureDubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant futureDubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant futureDubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant futureDubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant futureDubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant future

I must admit they were amateur again in the way the handled the whole situation but either way I think Scotlands chances have improved with his omission. There was never a balance to the team when he played. (Only my opinion)

My team for tonight would be:

Marshall

Hutton
Caldwell
Caldwell
Whitaker

Commings
Brown
Fletcher
Hartley
Maloney

Miller

Keep the ball to feet.

Not a bad line up to be honest and with Fletcher fit and in the side it is a good boost.

Don't rate Hutton tho.

As for Barry, he has been poor since he left Gers the first time round.

I see the most expensive keeper in the EPL is not selected again. Is he injured or just plain shite these days?
Old Aug 12th 2009, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

Abu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really nice

incidently Andy, did PJ's confirm what channel it is actually on? or did they simply say they would show it upstairs??

trust me, its a valid question...i have done many a dubai/AD pub run around for Scotland matches when bars have gave the standard 'yes, it will be shown' answer only to find Al Ain V Al Wadha on the box
One of my mates checked with PJ's last night. He was told it would be on and they have agreed to reserve the area upstairs for the footy. I don't know what channel tho'. Sorry bud.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 9:08 am
banned

One of my mates checked with PJ's last night. He was told it would be on and they have agreed to reserve the area upstairs for the footy. I don't know what channel tho'. Sorry bud.
did he ask if the scotland game was on and they said 'yeah' (standard ME answer to get people to come to the bar)

or did he ask...'what games have you got on tonight' and was told that the Scotland game is on...

Hope im wrong, but i have been victim to the 'yeah' reply too many times!!!
Old Aug 12th 2009, 9:12 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dubai to Dibba Daily
No smoke without fire I feel!! 600 lawsuits....... come on!.........Are you not happy with penecillin, asphalt, deep fried everything etc?.....
600 lawsuits - yes it did sound a lot but quoting :

http://inventors.about.com/library/i...nio_Meucci.htm

Penicillin - yes; asphalt - no (Modern road asphalt was the work of Belgian immigrant Edward de Smedt at Columbia University in New York City, though the French used asphalt blocks in Paris in 1824.

Yes, the internet has lots of information -- but if you take a weight-of-evidence approach and emphasise learned bodies or societies, you will arrive at the same conclusions.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MacScot
600 lawsuits - yes it did sound a lot but quoting :

http://inventors.about.com/library/i...nio_Meucci.htm

asphalt - no (Modern road asphalt was the work of Belgian immigrant Edward de Smedt at Columbia University in New York City, though the French used asphalt blocks in Paris in 1824.

Sorry, my bad on that one. I meant Tarmac. I know asphalt is totally different. That is the problem with trying to work and surf at the same time!

Still not believeing the Bell chat tho! He might have be related to the Bell brothers of Ski Sunday fame and they were useless!
Old Aug 12th 2009, 10:03 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dubai to Dibba Daily
Sorry, my bad on that one. I meant Tarmac. I know asphalt is totally different. That is the problem with trying to work and surf at the same time!

Still not believeing the Bell chat tho! He might have be related to the Bell brothers of Ski Sunday fame and they were useless!
Scots Road engineering & design:

John Metcalfe built about 180 miles of roads in Yorkshire, which were well drained and built in three layers: large stones; excavated road material; and a layer of gravel. Thomas Telford improved the method of building roads with broken stones by analyzing stone thickness, road traffic, road alignment and gradient slopes - he also designed the camber of a road to help in rainfall-runoff.

John Loudon McAdam designed roads using broken stones laid in symmetrical, tight patterns and covered with small stones to create a hard surface. This process was called "Macadamisation", which is still used throughout the world today. TarMac is a misnomer, it's the joint application of asphalting and macadamisation !
Old Aug 12th 2009, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

edinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of light

Best wesite to check which channel the footy is on http://www.goalzz.com/main.aspx?region=-2
Tonight it is on Al Jazeera Sport +2
Old Aug 12th 2009, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

edinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of light

Make sure it's "+" and not plain Al JAzeera sport 2 or else you will end up watching tennis!
Old Aug 12th 2009, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Dubai to Dibba Daily;7835293]Not a bad line up to be honest and with Fletcher fit and in the side it is a good boost.

Don't rate Hutton tho.

As for Barry, he has been poor since he left Gers the first time round.

I see the most expensive keeper in the EPL is not selected again. Is he injured or just plain shite these days?[/QUOTE]

Knee injury, he had surgery during the summer.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

Abu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really nice

Originally Posted by edinburger
Best wesite to check which channel the footy is on http://www.goalzz.com/main.aspx?region=-2
Tonight it is on Al Jazeera Sport +2
Hey Edinburger you are a star. I've been looking for something like this site for weeks now.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

Hey Edinburger you are a star. I've been looking for something like this site for weeks now.
No worries!
Old Aug 12th 2009, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MacScot
Scots Road engineering & design:

John Metcalfe built about 180 miles of roads in Yorkshire, which were well drained and built in three layers: large stones; excavated road material; and a layer of gravel. Thomas Telford improved the method of building roads with broken stones by analyzing stone thickness, road traffic, road alignment and gradient slopes - he also designed the camber of a road to help in rainfall-runoff.

John Loudon McAdam designed roads using broken stones laid in symmetrical, tight patterns and covered with small stones to create a hard surface. This process was called "Macadamisation", which is still used throughout the world today. TarMac is a misnomer, it's the joint application of asphalting and macadamisation !
I can't win can I....

So deep fried food.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.