Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

No multiple taxi drop offs

No multiple taxi drop offs

Old Jul 29th 2013, 8:46 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default No multiple taxi drop offs

http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-n...drivers-warned

crazy! The ruling is in place because shared taxis reduce revenue
Old Jul 29th 2013, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No multiple taxi drop offs

Originally Posted by Blue Cat

oh dear

on another note got charged a 15dh extra for one additional drop off in the Limo from AUH airport - the usual flat fee for anywhere in Abu Dhabi is Dh70 - used to include unlimited drops. Makes sense really
Old Jul 29th 2013, 10:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Most ridiculous rule ever- I have had one taxi driver refuse so we refused to get in and got the next cab who would.

Ironically a friend recently was in a long taxi queue and the taxi monitor guy was asking people down the line where they were going so they could share...

Surely just charge an extra 10 aed for the drop off, otherwise whats to stop you getting in a cab giving one destination, one person gets out then he resets the meter and off you go again. This place comes up with the most complicated ways of doing simple things.
Old Jul 29th 2013, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

Silly rule!

If my wife was out with some friends I would much rather her get a taxi back with them rather than on her own.
Old Jul 29th 2013, 12:28 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I don't see how it makes life harder?

Two in a cab, picked up from the Khalifa say, one dropped at MoE, one dropped at the Marina.

The taxi might not make as much money as it would if it did two separate journeys but then the service level of booked taxis would plummet even further.
Old Jul 29th 2013, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Scamp
I don't see how it makes life harder?

Two in a cab, picked up from the Khalifa say, one dropped at MoE, one dropped at the Marina.

The taxi might not make as much money as it would if it did two separate journeys but then the service level of booked taxis would plummet even further.
But surely this means less money for that 1 taxi driver as he will only get one drop off. If he did both drop offs he would get more money. He won't get both fares his taxi driver mate will get the other one!

Its not like there is an abundance of unoccupied taxis all the time. Especially in the evening when people are more likely to share.
Old Jul 29th 2013, 12:35 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The_Citizen
But surely this means less money for that 1 taxi driver as he will only get one drop off. If he did both drop offs he would get more money. He won't get both fares his taxi driver mate will get the other one!

Its not like there is an abundance of unoccupied taxis all the time. Especially in the evening when people are more likely to share.
exactly! but it means two fares as opposed to one with a drop off at the end
Old Jul 29th 2013, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

exactly! but it means two fares as opposed to one with a drop off at the end
If they are going to implement it then the best thing to do is just reset the meter once the first drop off is made.
Old Jul 29th 2013, 1:01 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

I wonder whether the reverse is true, example I'm in marina and going to khalida, I pick my mate up in Barsha? That isn't allowed either I guess. Ridiculous and ill thought out rule.
Old Jul 29th 2013, 1:02 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Kix
I wonder whether the reverse is true, example I'm in marina and going to khalida, I pick my mate up in Barsha? That isn't allowed either I guess. Ridiculous and ill thought out rule.
try it and see what happens, bet they don't refuse
Old Jul 29th 2013, 2:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Just heard on the radio that the RTA is saying this is just a rumour and it's not true...
Old Jul 29th 2013, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Just heard on the radio that the RTA is saying this is just a rumour and it's not true...
exactly the same as the other stupid rules that appear now and again....the no alcohol in cooking for example...that lasted about 12 hours before somebody from the Municipality denied it!!
Old Jul 30th 2013, 5:06 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

the usual.
Someone comes up with a bat shit crazy idea
24 hours later said bat shit idea is outed as being bat shit crazy
cue furious back peddling
****ing idiots
Old Jul 30th 2013, 5:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

flood2 will become famous soon enoughflood2 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I have been stung by this nonsense.

I was in a taxi with my boss about two months ago after landing at the airport. He was getting dropped at Al Barsha and I was getting out at JLT, as we had done a few times before. The taxi driver refused to do two drops. I had to get out at Al Barsha and get lift to JLT from my boss!
Old Jul 30th 2013, 6:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flood2
I have been stung by this nonsense.

I was in a taxi with my boss about two months ago after landing at the airport. He was getting dropped at Al Barsha and I was getting out at JLT, as we had done a few times before. The taxi driver refused to do two drops. I had to get out at Al Barsha and get lift to JLT from my boss!
Ah, I think it is true for airport taxis. Not normal taxis,

I also had this problem when coming back from the airport and I wanted to be dropped at spinneys to get milk while my wife went home.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.