Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Nintendo Wii in The UAE?

Nintendo Wii in The UAE?

Old Apr 15th 2009, 7:46 pm
Just Joined

MrsBB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nintendo Wii in The UAE?

Hello! This may seem like a really silly question but.....! Im buying my husband a Nintendo Wii for his birthday this month and we are hoping to move to The UAE, Dubai/Abu Dhabi in August. Can we take it with us/will it work?! Becky.
Old Apr 16th 2009, 2:26 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nintendo Wii in The UAE?

Originally Posted by MrsBB
Hello! This may seem like a really silly question but.....! Im buying my husband a Nintendo Wii for his birthday this month and we are hoping to move to The UAE, Dubai/Abu Dhabi in August. Can we take it with us/will it work?! Becky.
yes it will
Old Apr 16th 2009, 2:43 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
yes it will
thank you for that detailed answer........Blue Cat, News at Ten, Dubai
Old Apr 16th 2009, 2:44 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
yes it will
as BC said, it will work as I bought mine in UK and it works here no problem....

to be honest, I would have thought the question more relevant about it working in Sheffield.....do you have electricity uuuup there yet ?
Old Apr 16th 2009, 3:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

It will work, but when you buy more games, you have to check whether they're PAL (google it, I don't know the difference really) or something because they sell both here. Our Wii games and remotes (bought in Australia) won't work with the neighbours machine bought in the UK.
Old Apr 16th 2009, 3:45 am
BE Enthusiast

StublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to all

If you are really interested...........................PAL and NSTC explained.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-the-...sc-and-pal.htm

From your resident Sparkie!

Also I think that your UK and Australia should consoles should both be compatible? Unless they were bought in one of those countries but imported?
Old Apr 16th 2009, 3:54 am
BE Enthusiast

deemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kim67
It will work, but when you buy more games, you have to check whether they're PAL (google it, I don't know the difference really) or something because they sell both here. Our Wii games and remotes (bought in Australia) won't work with the neighbours machine bought in the UK.
Regarding the imported games etc not playing on your wii, they will but you need it either get some software called FREELOADER for the wii or get your WII chipped.

if you want some friendly advice, if you're buying it back home then get it chipped before you come here , games are extortionate over here in UAE.

Its really easy to do..... and you can then just download the games you want.

I currently do that for my kids DS, he has about 200 games on a card he slips into his DS and his friends think he is the business (plus its saved me a few hundred pounds)

If anyone wants some help doing either let me know.
Old Apr 16th 2009, 10:36 am
Just Joined

MrsBB is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BangleMan
as BC said, it will work as I bought mine in UK and it works here no problem....

to be honest, I would have thought the question more relevant about it working in Sheffield.....do you have electricity uuuup there yet ?
How rude! We have running water now and everything!?
Old Apr 16th 2009, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

seraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of light

excuse BangleMan Mrs BB, he has a groin strain.
Old Apr 16th 2009, 12:25 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

you're kidding me!! we aint got it in Newcastle yet