Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Old Jun 9th 2009, 3:03 pm
Banned

Taz Mirza is a name known to allTaz Mirza is a name known to allTaz Mirza is a name known to allTaz Mirza is a name known to allTaz Mirza is a name known to allTaz Mirza is a name known to allTaz Mirza is a name known to allTaz Mirza is a name known to allTaz Mirza is a name known to allTaz Mirza is a name known to allTaz Mirza is a name known to all
Default Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Originally Posted by Eva
[/B]

That'll explain your avi then.....iteye
LOL.., just the good half!!!

My dad's Sikh and my mum's Italian, but I look Piu Greca d'Italiana

At school they use to call me Sikh the Greek - which I guess nowadays would be considered bullying.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 7:03 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Taz Mirza
I'm Taz, I'm 39, British and educated and highly intelligent. I lived in West London, although worked at my father's sweatshop in Shoreditch for many years.., in my mid 20's I went to Uni, and then made a career switch in environmental engineering. But I've had to leave Blighty in order to get away from the family businesses once and for all - because everytime I think I got out., they pull me back in.

I drive a BMW M3 (new one) and I'm a bit of a ladies man although next October I'm getting an arranged marriage in the true sense - she's actually been specially imported from the old country. We have met, and have done it but it might have been better if she'd had some experience. LOL!

Anyway girls, send me your PMs and pics and maybe we could be friends while I'm single in Dubai.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 8:25 am
Just Joined

mdb2009 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi my name is Mark,

im 38..... and insane enough to leave my home and family in the rainy UK
and I will be arriving in Saudi on the 11th July for a two year contract, is there anyone out there in the Jubail region.

Is there much of a social life, or am I doooommmeed???

Cheers
Old Jun 11th 2009, 8:37 am
Banned

Taz Mirza is a name known to allTaz Mirza is a name known to allTaz Mirza is a name known to allTaz Mirza is a name known to allTaz Mirza is a name known to allTaz Mirza is a name known to allTaz Mirza is a name known to allTaz Mirza is a name known to allTaz Mirza is a name known to allTaz Mirza is a name known to allTaz Mirza is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mdb2009
Hi my name is Mark,

and I will be arriving in Saudi on the 11th July for a two year contract, is there anyone out there in the Jubail region.

Cheers

Prepare to be slaughtered mate.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 8:38 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mdb2009
Hi my name is Mark,

Cheers
Ignore the desperate troll, mdb...

The Saudi lads should be able to help out, but from memory (I Was based in Dharhan for a few years) it'll depend on the type of compound life you land amongst...
Old Jun 11th 2009, 8:48 am
Just Joined

mdb2009 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Ignore the desperate troll, mdb...

The Saudi lads should be able to help out, but from memory (I Was based in Dharhan for a few years) it'll depend on the type of compound life you land amongst...
Is there life outside the compounds, ...... or Dustbowl.......

this there much compound to compound interaction, or are they isolated
Old Jun 11th 2009, 2:09 pm
Just Joined

Location: Living and working in RAK and wondering where all the nice single men are!
crazyorangeone is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Roadking
Hi Melissa, ignore this lot, once they get on a rant everyone else is forgotten.

Welcome to the bored!
Hi Roadking,

Thanks for noticing me..... don't worry I will ignore the fact that some on here seem to be self obsessed over if their Brad Pitt or not....lol

Melissa
Old Jun 12th 2009, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

aberdeensiregirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

hi My husband and I arrived in Al Ain in April and just getting used to life here. We moved from scotland along with his boss and another scot who will appear in july. We have a villa in the shiab al ashkhar area and I dont drive (well not here anyway) I am a primary teacher but looking for some part time work in nursery or school at the moment. We have left our 21 year old triplets at home for a life of leisure here. So far so good! Am getting good at sweeping up sand!!!
Old Jun 12th 2009, 5:59 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

I'll just set the clock...........
Old Jun 12th 2009, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

not quite sure what you mean!
Old Jun 12th 2009, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

just kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! any other scottish al ain folk out there?
Old Jun 12th 2009, 7:11 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aberdeensiregirl
not quite sure what you mean!
S'alright, that goes for about 96% of the posters on here..no worries.
I would have thought you would have been offered a steak dinner by now-or at least
our very on Loon Lothario would have introduced himself....

Welcome,if you scroll throuh the main section you will find a thread entitled Livin in AL Ain(think it's called that).Amazing Grace is a regular contributor-she is Scottish I believe and living in Al Ain.
Mrs Hawkes is a Scots girl from up your way,Border Tart, Arran Lass ...might be others can't remember.

The Scots menfolk: Shiva,Autonomy,Commander,Tgfkase(Loon),RoadKing(lo ony) and MacScot altho he's an Ozzie now.
HTH
Old Jun 13th 2009, 3:30 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aberdeensiregirl
just kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! any other scottish al ain folk out there?
Aye, aye, quinie...

Foo's yer doo's? Ahm nae in Al Ain, ahm in Dubai but, as oor very ain Eva has mintioned, there are a puckly fowk fae Al Ain post....

Far aboot in Gods country are ye fae??? Inverurie loon here....
Old Jun 13th 2009, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

My husband and i came here from Foggieloan!!! Used to be Huntly but been in Foggie for the past 16years.
Old Jun 13th 2009, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Aye, aye, quinie...

Foo's yer doo's? Ahm nae in Al Ain, ahm in Dubai but, as oor very ain Eva has mintioned, there are a puckly fowk fae Al Ain post....

Far aboot in Gods country are ye fae??? Inverurie loon here....

Have to admit being born and bred around edinburgh though then west calder before going to work in hunlty.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.