Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Old Jul 3rd 2011, 9:42 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Originally Posted by The Dean
So you were a grandmother at 37?? You're almost in Saudi territory on that one......
Around my way, that's be slacking...should be having great grandkids by now
Old Jul 4th 2011, 2:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shiney35
Yip, I had my daughter very young, 17, she had Lewis at 20 so it could have been worse lol
Be proud of yourself........

A few years ago, a guy I worked with in Riyadh told me that, on the day he was born, his grandmother was 29............
Old Jul 4th 2011, 5:30 am
Just Joined

Shiney35 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Dean
Be proud of yourself........

A few years ago, a guy I worked with in Riyadh told me that, on the day he was born, his grandmother was 29............
29!!! I feel a lot better now, thanks!
Old Jul 4th 2011, 10:02 pm
Just Joined

martyw1985 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks, my name is Martin, I am considering heading out to the UAE to work, I'm heading over for a holiday to check the place out soon. I'm from Glasgow in Scotland and work as a pilot
I reckon it would be AD I would be moving to, whats it like out there? Any pointers/advice?
Cheers

Last edited by martyw1985; Jul 4th 2011 at 10:13 pm.
Old Jul 5th 2011, 6:48 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by martyw1985
Hi folks, my name is Martin, I am considering heading out to the UAE to work, I'm heading over for a holiday to check the place out soon. I'm from Glasgow in Scotland and work as a pilot
I reckon it would be AD I would be moving to, whats it like out there? Any pointers/advice?
Cheers
What's it like? It's summer and very hot!!
Old Jul 5th 2011, 3:41 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by martyw1985
Cheers
airline pilot? try Emirates Airlines if you want to be in Dubai?
Old Jul 5th 2011, 3:42 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shiney35
I'm a newbie
From Cardiff, Wales, UK
Soon to be the dreaded 40 years of age
2 kids, 2 step kids, 1 grandchild but all living in UK
Relocated to AD with hubbies new job so its just us two
Currently negotiating contract for property in Al Raha Gardens
I'm your 'phone a friend for pop music'
Hi, it's funny how people's lives differ, I had my first baby at 39 (only baby I should say)
Old Jul 7th 2011, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

spacedude is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys... thought I'd say Hi Signed up to the forums a few days ago but as it's the Middle East I may be moving to I thought it best I introduce myself here.

May be moving to Abu Dhabi soon but things are taking really really long. I have been offered a position with a Government related entity.... nothing exciting just a boring office based role . I've accepted the offer and am waiting to hear news regarding a start date

I was out in AD a few months back and rather liked the place. Also from what I read it seems a nice enough place considering it's middle eastern location. Bar the long waiting lists, the British schools we visited out there were very nice as well.

Looking forward to being a member of the forums

Regards
Old Jul 7th 2011, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

millieclyde is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, I have been issued my work visa today (woo hoo) considering all the new hoops that the KSA embassy has brought in I thought I may never make it.

So I am set to arrive in Riyadh at the start of Sept so thought I would say Hi and start to get a better idea of what I have let myself in for

I am really excited but a bit scared now that is seems to actually be happening after 9 months of planning, any advice anyone can give a 28 year single nurse I would really appreciate.

Many Thanks

Millie x
Old Jul 7th 2011, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

sherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by millieclyde
Hi there, I have been issued my work visa today (woo hoo) considering all the new hoops that the KSA embassy has brought in I thought I may never make it.

So I am set to arrive in Riyadh at the start of Sept so thought I would say Hi and start to get a better idea of what I have let myself in for

I am really excited but a bit scared now that is seems to actually be happening after 9 months of planning, any advice anyone can give a 28 year single nurse I would really appreciate.

Many Thanks

Millie x
Millie,

Welcome to BE!

I have huge respect for any nurse who survives longer than a year at the NHS but a decision to work in the KSA what on earth were you thinking of when you made that decision?

Advice – Before you travel to Saudi, make sure you fulfil all your sexual fantasies, drink like a fish, visit as many places as you can preferably road trips – the list is endless ahhhh can I have antidepressants please…..!!
Old Jul 7th 2011, 10:26 pm
Just Joined

millieclyde is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sherri
Millie,

Welcome to BE!

I have huge respect for any nurse who survives longer than a year at the NHS but a decision to work in the KSA what on earth were you thinking of when you made that decision?

Advice – Before you travel to Saudi, make sure you fulfil all your sexual fantasies, drink like a fish, visit as many places as you can preferably road trips – the list is endless ahhhh can I have antidepressants please…..!!
Thanks for the advice, luckily I have been doing all of the above for the past 9 months after becoming single for the first time in 6 years, need some quiet now for a while and really need the money, the state of things over here at the moment could not be much worse so KSA is actually a positive move shockingly enough

Millie x
Old Jul 8th 2011, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

simcalreet is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all!

My name is Simon and I finally moved out to Abu Dhabi this week, working for a architectural glazing company over here, initially on my own living in a hotel on Yas Island, with wife due to join me hopefully after my 3 month probation.

If some expats get together for a few beers now and again, I'll be up for that!
Old Jul 10th 2011, 3:19 pm
Concierge

welcome to all our new members!
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

tighthead3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Just about to move out to Qatar (awaiting final go ahead) and start some work for T&T international being seconded to Shell Qatar LFG plant anyone got any pointers

Cheers
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 8:20 am
Just Joined

tighthead3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Morning All
My Name is Ian Still in UK, i live in the northeast of england and i am awaiting final clearance from my employer, then on my way to Doha to work with Shell. A bit about me I love playing Rugby Union and hope i can find or start a Doha Expats Rugby Club, i also enjoy skiing and my other pleasure is Scuba Diving i hope all these interests of mine can be sustained while over there, as this is just a brief intro to me but i suppose that is enough for this forum. not to experienced in getting involved in these types of communities i do not even have a Facebook account that I use my partner has her account and my account as some kind of scam for building Farms or something. But lets hope i get used to participating in these forums etc, Think i have prattled on enough for today so i will sign off and wait to see what this forum is like

Cheers All

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.