British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/newbies-introduce-yourselves-me-crowd-559659/)

RDP80 Apr 15th 2011 12:20 pm

Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

I'm new to the forum - well I've been lurking for a while.. Now that a move to Dubai from London is looking imminent for me and my familiy, I thought I'd join and say Hi!

Blue Cat Apr 15th 2011 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by RDP80 (Post 9306869)
I'm new to the forum - well I've been lurking for a while.. Now that a move to Dubai from London is looking imminent for me and my familiy, I thought I'd join and say Hi!

welcome! hope it all works out to plan, if you need any help just give us a shout :thumbup:

Astana Apr 24th 2011 7:21 am

Left KSA on March 2nd 2011., and now resting in Thailand and wondering what to do with myself... Shall I return to the sand to fill up my bucket or just rot away on the vine.

Thought I'd introduce myself and say a big hello to all forumites, don't laugh but does anyone know of any ME recruiters that actually have good intentions to help their prospects?:eek:

Blue Cat Apr 24th 2011 9:09 am

Originally Posted by Astana (Post 9323062)
Left KSA on March 2nd 2011., and now resting in Thailand and wondering what to do with myself... Shall I return to the sand to fill up my bucket or just rot away on the vine.

Thought I'd introduce myself and say a big hello to all forumites, don't laugh but does anyone know of any ME recruiters that actually have good intentions to help their prospects?:eek:

welcome to BE, good luck with the job hunt :thumbup:

Astana Apr 24th 2011 9:16 am

Thanks Blue Cat for welcome much appreciated:thumbsup:

samuelpeeps Apr 24th 2011 2:20 pm

Hi there

just moved to Yemen from uk and would like to hear from anyone in the same situation, :blink:

Blue Cat Apr 24th 2011 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by samuelpeeps (Post 9323465)
Hi there

just moved to Yemen from uk and would like to hear from anyone in the same situation, :blink:

Weasel Central is your man, though I am not sure if he has left Yemen or not now :)

Bahtatboy Apr 28th 2011 7:03 am

Originally Posted by Astana (Post 9323062)

Try Scamp in the Sand Pit:D

Astana Apr 28th 2011 7:18 am

Ta... Will Do!:thumbup:

Jaza May 1st 2011 7:51 pm

Hi all,
Another Scot lands in the sand. Glasgow boy just moved to Riyadh and starting to find my way across the city. Any other Glaswegians in Riyadh?
Cheers
Jaza

M.ZIZO May 1st 2011 11:43 pm

:)what do you want to know about riyadh you can ask any time :)

mikefran May 2nd 2011 11:27 am

Hi Everyone,

Better introduce myself before I jump in....I'm an Aussie currently living in the UK, married to a lovely Irish girl. Have applied for a job in the UAE and doing some research before we make the big decision to move. Have both lived in Saudi previous, so well aware of the cultural differences we'd experience. Hoping to be able to draw on other people's experiences and advice before the big D is made. Thanks everybody :-)

Blue Cat May 3rd 2011 4:11 am

Originally Posted by mikefran (Post 9338020)
Hi Everyone,

Better introduce myself before I jump in....I'm an Aussie currently living in the UK, married to a lovely Irish girl. Have applied for a job in the UAE and doing some research before we make the big decision to move. Have both lived in Saudi previous, so well aware of the cultural differences we'd experience. Hoping to be able to draw on other people's experiences and advice before the big D is made. Thanks everybody :-)

Welcome :thumbup:

Silverback52 May 3rd 2011 4:21 pm

Hi, I'm a shortly to be in Al Ain Brit, just introducing myself.

Single chap, kids grown and flown, looking for an adventure in the sand...!

Into Rugby and microlights, pub quizes and generally having a fun time.

The Dean May 3rd 2011 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by Silverback52 (Post 9340781)
Hi, I'm a shortly to be in Al Ain Brit, just introducing myself.

Single chap, kids grown and flown, looking for an adventure in the sand...!

Into Rugby and microlights, pub quizes and generally having a fun time.

"Having a fun time"??? In Al Ain???? You'll stay single there.......

Good luck............. I can help you with the rugby though...........