Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Old Sep 25th 2016, 11:37 pm
Just Joined

alpertaurus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

hello guys
just arrived to rotterdam from manchester,uk
any good and free dutch learning classes you can recommend me please?

luv ya all
Old Sep 30th 2016, 12:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

dominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Alper - Wrong forum I think. This is Middle East
Old Sep 30th 2016, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

dominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all. I've been lurking on the forums a few weeks now trying to find out about my crazy move to Abu Dhabi in January. So time to intro myself.

Living in South London near Croydon at the moment, and working by London Bridge. I'll be moving to Abu Dhabi to work at the end of this year. I've never worked in the Middle East but am looking forward to the change.

One concern is whether my wife will find work. She's more junior and works in Risk for a bank. If she finds nothing she'll either be bored silly or develop a taste for spending my cash in high end boutiques.

At the moment we're working hard to get the house ready to rent out. It's a Victorian house and has "maintenance issues", so I worry how it will survive without my daily DIY and patching.

Anyway that's me. I'd love to join a meet up when I arrive. Will be looking to join some societies and the English Club so I get to know some people.
Old Oct 4th 2016, 6:15 am
Just Joined

ScottMalton is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

I'm Scott I will be moving to Jubail in the next few months for a large petrochemical company on single status. Would like to connect with people before I come. No idea where I'm staying yet. I've lived in KSA before in Riyadh a few years ago so I sort of know what I'm getting myself into but I've never been to Jubail. I'm an active outdoors person into diving, stand up paddling, photography and diving.
Old Oct 4th 2016, 4:09 pm
Just Joined

ToePick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
I am moving to Al Ain shortly and am wondering what they have for figure skating for my daughter there. She has completed her badges and is working on freeskate and dances. I know there is a rink in the mall but I would hope that skating lessons would not be with public skaters. Is there anyone here who skates or has skaters in the family?
Old Nov 15th 2016, 7:51 am
Just Joined

Dec047 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Lived in Dubai since 2008 and finally taken the time to join the community. Getting itchy feet to move at some point in the near future though, probably to Canada with the current climate in Europe.
Old Nov 17th 2016, 7:24 am
Just Joined

mrocd is on a distinguished road

Hi all, I moved to Jeddah recently in a corporate finance role. Looking forward to navigating through this seemingly active forum to get a richer appreciation of the Saudi life (read: survival).
Old Dec 22nd 2016, 6:31 pm
fth
Forum Regular

fth is an unknown quantity at this point

Boomerang expat here. Was in Riyadh aged 3-8 in the 80's. Just arrived in Qatar after adventures in Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia.
Old Dec 22nd 2016, 7:50 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fth
Boomerang expat here. Was in Riyadh aged 3-8 in the 80's. Just arrived in Qatar after adventures in Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia.
Neat travels!

Welcome to BE
Old Feb 24th 2017, 7:04 pm
Just Joined

NNrookie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey

Not much to talk about my self

Living in KSA
No kids, no hobbies except for having fun)
Old Apr 1st 2017, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

chileflake is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all!, ChileFlake here, I'll move to Abu Dhabi with my wife in the next months (awaiting for the security check to have a date)... I'm currently working in Dublin and my boss will freak out when I tell him the magic words :] haha.. anyways, just looking forward to meet new mates over there and keep my wife happy (with my credit card safe at the same time, I know that'll be almost impossible).

CF
Old Apr 10th 2017, 10:52 am
Just Joined

Chris951 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

I have been working in Riyadh, KSA for the last 18 months on an unaccompanied International Assignment.

I am (potentially) relocating to Dubai sometime in July/August so thought I'd join this forum to see what useful info I can pick up prior to any move.

I get married in July and will bring my wife out with me - which will be fantastic after basically spending the last 2 years apart!
Old Apr 11th 2017, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

CertaCeto is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi - Arrived in Riyadh and signed up - this is my second stint out here - Saudi is getting better though Sid tastes exactly the same, Happy to chat with other British Riyadh'ers i am living in AH - Buraida Village - so far so good!
Old Apr 11th 2017, 12:59 pm
Just Joined

Chris951 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CertaCeto
Hi - Arrived in Riyadh and signed up - this is my second stint out here - Saudi is getting better though Sid tastes exactly the same, Happy to chat with other British Riyadh'ers i am living in AH - Buraida Village - so far so good!
Bet you're not an ex-scalie then!
Old Apr 11th 2017, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

CertaCeto is an unknown quantity at this point

Wondered how long that would take and nice use of the word Scalie and recognising a bit of obscure Latin generally takes-one-to know-one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.