New Car

Old Aug 27th 2017, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute
Default New Car

Been thinking of buying a new car for a long time now, and have been looking at various SUV options and am now seriously looking at the Jaguar F Pace R-Sport....it just looks so good and is really sporty as well, The build I have done works out at 315k, with the chosen options, and I think I could get that down with haggling at the showroom.

The other options I was looking at were the Range Rover Vogue and the Audi Q7, but the Jag was so much more fun on a test drive, with the Range Rover Vogue coming in second!

I do not normally go for such luxury, having had a succession of second hand SUV`s but this time I am going to treat myself!!
Old Aug 27th 2017, 7:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Car

Mabrook!

315k seems more expensive than the UK? Hope you can push them down a bit on that basis.
Old Aug 27th 2017, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Mabrook!

315k seems more expensive than the UK? Hope you can push them down a bit on that basis.

Yes already started the haggling process, being very nonchalant about it, just dropped in this morning and said well Audi will give me this and that etc, all bullshit, but we will see...target is 299k.

They do seem expensive here compared with the UK and the US prices, but I really do like the vehicle so we will see how the haggling goes!
Old Aug 27th 2017, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Dunno about the Jag but the Q7 is a bit meh and if you went the Range you'll always know you didn't get the Sport and a specced on of those goes for 450 ish.

My mate just got the Maserati one and is raving about it.

All out of my price range right now!
Old Aug 27th 2017, 8:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Dunno about the Jag but the Q7 is a bit meh and if you went the Range you'll always know you didn't get the Sport and a specced on of those goes for 450 ish.

I'd also be tempted to try a Jeep Gran Cherokee, SRT. Easier to fix than the others and will probably even hold its value better, well, maybe not.

I wish I had 300k to put to a car, would love a corvette, kind of miss my 370z.
Old Aug 27th 2017, 8:34 am
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

Have you ruled out the BMW X5 or X6? These are great quality cars and you'd be able to fully load them with options for what you'd pay for an entry level Range Rover.
Old Aug 27th 2017, 8:34 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Q7's are lovely but like you say, a bit meh.
The F-Pace is sick, I really like them albeit a bit small?
You'd have a Range Rover Sport over an actual, proper, full size one? I'd always take latter. Weird eh.

Dubaiexile...give it the rest of the day and the fun police will tell you to get a 17yr old Pajero and nothing else.
Old Aug 27th 2017, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

I'd also be tempted to try a Jeep Gran Cherokee, SRT. Easier to fix than the others and will probably even hold its value better, well, maybe not.

I wish I had 300k to put to a car, would love a corvette, kind of miss my 370z.
I like the SRT and they are silly quick. The lesser Cheerys have a hugely annoying gear selection system tho. Dunno if the SRT does though.

Why would you get a Corvette over a proper sports car? They're quick in a straight line but they're nowhere close to a European or even Japanese motor. Also, they're terribly plasticy.

Originally Posted by Johnnyboy11
Have you ruled out the BMW X5 or X6? These are great quality cars and you'd be able to fully load them with options for what you'd pay for an entry level Range Rover.
To me they all look dated now.... and you'd be looking for the M version which would be silly money.

Originally Posted by Scamp
Q7's are lovely but like you say, a bit meh.
The F-Pace is sick, I really like them albeit a bit small?
You'd have a Range Rover Sport over an actual, proper, full size one? I'd always take latter. Weird eh.
Depends if you're going to take it offroad.... If not then the sport all the time. My ex just (6 months ago) got hers delivered. Fully loaded and its lovely. She paid silly cash for it though.
Old Aug 27th 2017, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

Be different, get a Maserati Levante.
Old Aug 27th 2017, 9:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Why would you get a Corvette over a proper sports car? They're quick in a straight line but they're nowhere close to a European or even Japanese motor. Also, they're terribly plasticy.
I like the noise, the drama and parking it outside the front of the mall. I'd also like a GT-R
Old Aug 27th 2017, 9:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing
Be different, get a Maserati Levante.
Or do what Maserati, buy an FX35 and put new stickers on it. I know they didn't but they look so depressingly similar.
Old Aug 27th 2017, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

No-one's mentioned a Porsche Macan yet
Old Aug 27th 2017, 9:56 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Depends if you're going to take it offroad.... If not then the sport all the time. My ex just (6 months ago) got hers delivered. Fully loaded and its lovely. She paid silly cash for it though.
Oh don't get me wrong the Sport is sick, a buddy got one about same time and it's unreal....but if it was me....always the original. Call me old school.
Old Aug 27th 2017, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

I like the noise, the drama and parking it outside the front of the mall. I'd also like a GT-R
Ha ha, fair enough!

I'd like a Godzilla too but I've heard that people generally sell them after 6 months or a year as they're too much like driving in a computer game. Would still like to give one a crack tho.

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing
No-one's mentioned a Porsche Macan yet
I like these................. a lot!

Originally Posted by Scamp
Oh don't get me wrong the Sport is sick, a buddy got one about same time and it's unreal....but if it was me....always the original. Call me old school.
OK Old School! I agree the Sport can be a tad chavvy on occasions.

How about a G Wagon? Bit more spendy but you kids don't really need an education. Go mental and get a Brabus.

Or how about a silly Yank pick up..... Raptor?
Old Aug 27th 2017, 10:57 am
Account Closed

OK Old School! I agree the Sport can be a tad chavvy on occasions.

How about a G Wagon? Bit more spendy but you kids don't really need an education. Go mental and get a Brabus.

Or how about a silly Yank pick up..... Raptor?
I like the G-Wagon.
If it was silly and American then it has to be an Escalade or a Navigator. Just because then I can pretend to be *Insert an early 2000's rapper / RnB star* all day every day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.