Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Middle East / The Sand Pit

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old Oct 4th 2017, 12:31 pm   #16
Scamp Male
WWLLCJD?
 
Scamp's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Dubai
Posts: 18,940
Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new apartment

Quote:
Originally Posted by mission View Post
good point DUBS, thanks for that.
Taz's route is definitely easier....as in, dealing with landlord directly. Go back to them and say you've spoken to RERA and this is the situation.

Problem is, if you do lodge a case, you'll be homeless temporarily or worse, living in an unconnected box of darkness.

Reason with them, try to get more information about what's happening, when things might get connected and ask some blunt questions like: Why did you take my cheques and lease me a place which cannot be connected? Put them on the back foot a little and see how you go.
__________________
"When you ain't got no money, you gotta get an attitude" - Richard Pryor.
Scamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th 2017, 8:34 am   #17
BE Forum Addict
 
mission's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Dubai
Posts: 2,461
mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new apartment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Taz's route is definitely easier....as in, dealing with landlord directly. Go back to them and say you've spoken to RERA and this is the situation.

Problem is, if you do lodge a case, you'll be homeless temporarily or worse, living in an unconnected box of darkness.

Reason with them, try to get more information about what's happening, when things might get connected and ask some blunt questions like: Why did you take my cheques and lease me a place which cannot be connected? Put them on the back foot a little and see how you go.
i haven't been in touch with the landlord at all...all the communication has been with the real estate company. The guy i am dealing with (along with his company) agrees that the lease start date should be amended to whenever the connections take place but i haven't yet had that in writing....i sent him an email yesterday making him aware of how i see the situation (ie the lease date should start whenever both connections have been completed) and asked in the email for him to confirm this...but he hasn't yet responded.
In our latest whatsapp messages he told me that his company is communicating with the management of the building to try and ascertain/confirm when the Du and gas connections will happen.
I'd rather not mention that i have contacted RERA yet....i don't want to come across hostile just yet.....i'll give it a week and see what happens.
__________________
The problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you're finished
mission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th 2017, 11:12 am   #18
BE Enthusiast
 
Dubaiexile's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: Dubai
Posts: 791
Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new apartment

Quote:
Originally Posted by mission View Post
i haven't been in touch with the landlord at all...all the communication has been with the real estate company. The guy i am dealing with (along with his company) agrees that the lease start date should be amended to whenever the connections take place but i haven't yet had that in writing....i sent him an email yesterday making him aware of how i see the situation (ie the lease date should start whenever both connections have been completed) and asked in the email for him to confirm this...but he hasn't yet responded.
In our latest whatsapp messages he told me that his company is communicating with the management of the building to try and ascertain/confirm when the Du and gas connections will happen.
I'd rather not mention that i have contacted RERA yet....i don't want to come across hostile just yet.....i'll give it a week and see what happens.

I would forget about being nice, they have sold you something not fit for purpose and probably knew about this from day 1, you need to make them fully aware that you know your rights and that you have been in touch with RERA, (who also licence these guy`s to practice in a correct manner) and that you demand that they get it sorted immediately!!

And keep the whatsapp messages, as that is an admission of guilt as to what has happened, and will certainly helpp your case if you have to go backk to RERA.

You will probably discover that you are not on your own if the truth be told, just another example of dodgy real estate practices, ****ards!!
Dubaiexile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th 2017, 11:59 am   #19
BE Forum Addict
 
mission's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Dubai
Posts: 2,461
mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new apartment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubaiexile View Post
I would forget about being nice, they have sold you something not fit for purpose and probably knew about this from day 1, you need to make them fully aware that you know your rights and that you have been in touch with RERA, (who also licence these guy`s to practice in a correct manner) and that you demand that they get it sorted immediately!!

And keep the whatsapp messages, as that is an admission of guilt as to what has happened, and will certainly helpp your case if you have to go backk to RERA.

You will probably discover that you are not on your own if the truth be told, just another example of dodgy real estate practices, ****ards!!
it's all going horrible wrong....am completely stressed
__________________
The problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you're finished
mission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th 2017, 3:59 pm   #20
Millhouse is not a meme
 
Millhouse's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Disneyland, Dubai
Posts: 13,222
Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new apartment

I also wouldn't be nice about it.

I had a similar dispute over not-fit-for-pupose (bad smell). I prepared a whole file and walked into the CEOs office and said this is the file I've prepared, I'm going to lodge this at rera and the courts this afternoon if you don't give me what I want.

It was sorted immediately.
Millhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th 2017, 6:35 am   #21
BE Forum Addict
 
mission's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Dubai
Posts: 2,461
mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new apartment

i can't even get the contact details of the frigging landlord. The real estate agency doesn't have any contact details for the landlord, only the developer does and so i've contacted the developer and asked them to give me the landlord's contact detail but to-date they have not responded.
__________________
The problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you're finished
mission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th 2017, 7:14 am   #22
BE Enthusiast
 
Dubaiexile's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: Dubai
Posts: 791
Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new apartment

As it is the Real Estate company that you have dealt with I would put the onus on them....they have obviously sold you something that is not what it sad on the packet.....they have to be registered to carry out there activity and as such are bound by rules, you just have to ascertain that this covers you situation. I am afraid it means a trip back to RERA and ask their advice on how to take this forward. First stop for me woud be the Real Estate Agent and bandy a few threats around and tell them that you hold them fully responsible ( it is nothing to do with the landlord or developer) and that you are going to engage a lawyer etc etc ....just play it by ear with them and see where it goes!!
Dubaiexile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th 2017, 4:01 am   #23
Gavtek 
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 60
Gavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really nice
Default Re: new apartment

As with everything here, you need to make yourself a nuisance before you'll get anywhere.

If it's less hassle to ignore you than it is to assist you, you'll get nowhere.

You need to harass them to the point where they'll want to sort out your problem just to get rid of you, where not assisting you will bring them more hassle than just doing their job.

Sometimes it's as easy as CC-ing the boss in an e-mail, other times you go to their place of business and loudly explain the issues you're having to their potential customers.
Gavtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th 2017, 10:01 am   #24
BE Forum Addict
 
mission's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Dubai
Posts: 2,461
mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new apartment

Things seem to be finally moving in the right direction...mentioning RERA definitely help things speed along!
Had a call from the developer who confirmed Du will be connected this week and confirmed that once both the Du and gas is connected, my contract start date will be changed to when both connections have happened. This is exactly what i was looking for
__________________
The problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you're finished
mission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th 2017, 3:30 am   #25
BE Enthusiast
 
Dubaiexile's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: Dubai
Posts: 791
Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new apartment

I hope he did not say Inshalla habibti !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Dubaiexile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th 2017, 5:10 am   #26
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Dubai
Posts: 2,686
jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new apartment

Quote:
Originally Posted by mission View Post
Things seem to be finally moving in the right direction...mentioning RERA definitely help things speed along!
Had a call from the developer who confirmed Du will be connected this week and confirmed that once both the Du and gas is connected, my contract start date will be changed to when both connections have happened. This is exactly what i was looking for
Did you get it confirmed in writing...?
jam25mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th 2017, 7:25 am   #27
BE Forum Addict
 
mission's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Dubai
Posts: 2,461
mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new apartment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubaiexile View Post
I hope he did not say Inshalla habibti !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam25mack View Post
Did you get it confirmed in writing...?
not had it in writing...but she did reassure me over the phone that the contract would definitely be re-issued with the start date of when both connections are completed.
However, today i haven found out that both the Du & gas connections will take at least another 1-2 weeks As long as it's connected by end of Oct i am fine with that, since i still have my current crib till 31st Oct.
__________________
The problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you're finished
mission is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Middle East / The Sand Pit


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 12:55 am.


Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1999-2010 BritishExpats.com