Apple Pay UAE

Old Oct 25th 2017, 9:06 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Apple Pay UAE

OK, so I know there are a lot of technology laggards on the board, but I love this kind of tech. I carry a couple of credit cards in my phone cover so that I don't have to bulk out my pockets, but now with Apple Pay, I don't even need the cards :-)

Yesterday I tried it at a coffee shop which was a launch partner (Caffe Nero) and it worked seamlessly. Today at the coffee shop in my building, I noticed that they had a contactless machine and presented my phone instead of a card - Viola!! It worked. The coffee shop did not even know that they could accept Apple Pay and are grateful to me for letting them know.

Now if the payment providers here can just speed up the rollout of contactless machines and the Metro accepts contactless at the gates (like London) my life will move further in to my preferred zone.

Happy Shed today.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 9:50 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Apple Pay UAE

I used contactless here for the first time last weekend....after using it EVERYWHERE in London / UK.

What's the limit set to though?

I had a problem setting up Apple pay as it wanted my address for iTunes to be the same as my billing address for the card, which it isn't. I might give it another go but it seemed odd.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 9:57 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I used contactless here for the first time last weekend....after using it EVERYWHERE in London / UK.

What's the limit set to though?

I had a problem setting up Apple pay as it wanted my address for iTunes to be the same as my billing address for the card, which it isn't. I might give it another go but it seemed odd.
Hmm, interesting. I didn't need to set up an address, just scanned the card and away it went. Is you apple account UK or UAE? that could cause a problem.

I think the limit on contactless here is about aed50, but Apple Pay has a whole other way of dealing with that AFAIK.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 10:25 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by TheShed
Hmm, interesting. I didn't need to set up an address, just scanned the card and away it went. Is you apple account UK or UAE? that could cause a problem.

I think the limit on contactless here is about aed50, but Apple Pay has a whole other way of dealing with that AFAIK.
iTunes is UK.
Bank is here.

Will try again, might have been whilst I was in UK and didn't scan anything so maybe was doing it a different way. Will give it a bash
Old Oct 25th 2017, 10:32 am
Wannabe Cycling God

Originally Posted by Scamp
iTunes is UK.
Bank is here.

Will try again, might have been whilst I was in UK and didn't scan anything so maybe was doing it a different way. Will give it a bash
Go into Wallet, it should prompt you to set up AP. It will scan your CC and do the rest for you. Card has to be from one of the six or so banks that have adopted AP. From memory HSBC, ENBD and Stan Chartered are taking part.