Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Narnia at the end of a conveyor belt

Narnia at the end of a conveyor belt

Old Oct 21st 2016, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold
Default Narnia at the end of a conveyor belt

Ever since I came to the GCC,
There's a quandary that's been bugging me forever.
I don't believe in magic, or other worlds,
Even if I read about them for leisure.

If I try to bag my own groceries,
I get the bags snatched from my fingers.
Angry frown and exasperated cries of 'please'
I'm not allowed to bag my own purchases.

But more importantly, when I get home it's disappeared,
That one small high value item, be it deodorant, shampoo or nuts.
I saw them scanned, they all certainly beeped,
Personal or corporate profit margins increased?
Old Oct 21st 2016, 9:35 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Narnia at the end of a conveyor belt

Doesn't scan.
Old Oct 21st 2016, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Pongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond repute

Eggs, didn't make it home yesterday..
Old Oct 21st 2016, 12:20 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pongo
Eggs, didn't make it home yesterday..
We have the same nightmare in Australia. last week I had a loaf of bread squashed totally flat under several tins. And don't even mention the number of eggs I have lost over the years......