Reload this Page >

The mystery of Dubai property dealer Mr McGeever

The mystery of Dubai property dealer Mr McGeever

Old Feb 11th 2013, 1:43 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough
Default The mystery of Dubai property dealer Mr McGeever

I thought this was interesting, found with the word "Thief" etched into his forehead.

National

Little things like:-

In an odd coincidence, the day before Kevin McGeever reappeared on January 29 it was announced that work was to resume on half-completed Shami Tower in Sports City, Dubai.
and

By coincidence, Brouks Real Estate (The developer) posted an update on the development on the Shami Tower website on January 28 - the day before Mr McGeever reappeared. Work, it claimed, would "resume in a short period and the project is now being reactivated".
But there was a dark undertone to the update.
In addition to blaming "the worldwide turmoil and catastrophe in financial and property sector in UAE", for the long delay in the project, the writer, "project shareholder" Hassan Shah, referred obliquely to "many issues ie threats, allegations and blackmailing from many internal and external stakeholders", that had plagued the development.
Mr Shah, who gave his email address on the website, did not respond to a request for information about his company's involvement with KMM Property
He obviously pissed a fair few people off!

Daily Fail too, have a bit more info on him.

In a clue as to who might have been behind McGeever’s kidnapping, sources told the MoS that in 2009, two men who claimed to be from the IRA went to McGeever’s apartment and hung him by his ankles over the balcony.
‘They were from the North. They held him over the balcony until he agreed to pay their money back. He gave them a cheque but it bounced later.’ The attack was witnessed by two people. The MoS has spoken to a friend of McGeever who confirmed it.

Last edited by Kix; Feb 11th 2013 at 1:55 pm.
Old Feb 11th 2013, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The mystery of Dubai property dealer Mr McGeever

Mmmm, no comment
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=786094
Old Feb 11th 2013, 5:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Morally Irish spiv gets comeuppance. And nobody ( other than Miss Anne Thrope)gives much more than a passing glance, and thinks " So F**king what? Another wide boy gets shafted by his own dubious morals"

"I cried, said the crocodile...
I weep for you..."

But I keep your bloody money......
Old Feb 12th 2013, 3:03 am

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OleJanx
Morally Irish spiv gets comeuppance. And nobody ( other than Miss Anne Thrope)gives much more than a passing glance, and thinks " So F**king what? Another wide boy gets shafted by his own dubious morals"

"I cried, said the crocodile...
I weep for you..."

But I keep your bloody money......
What's a "morally Irish spiv" please?

I guarantee you that it would take about 30 seconds to round up a crowd to lynch him in any town or village in Ireland even though nobody had ever heard of him, unlike many of his more infamous contemporaries. Just the words "property developer" would be enough to ensure that.
Old Feb 12th 2013, 9:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope
What's a "morally Irish spiv" please?

I guarantee you that it would take about 30 seconds to round up a crowd to lynch him in any town or village in Ireland even though nobody had ever heard of him, unlike many of his more infamous contemporaries. Just the words "property developer" would be enough to ensure that.
Fair comment.
Old Mar 18th 2013, 4:08 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Here is an up-date...
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/mcgeever-cu...8.html#uvdLE01