Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

My Strangest Conversation in Dubai Yet !!!

My Strangest Conversation in Dubai Yet !!!

Old Jan 9th 2008, 3:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute
Default My Strangest Conversation in Dubai Yet !!!

Last Night

Knock Knock...

Hello Can I help you

You give me job:
I have no jobs, sorry

But I want to work for you:
I have no Jobs. sorry

I look after your garden, wash car, cook:
I don't need anyone for that:

But yu av Garden, car and eat ???
Yes I do but I don't need anyone

You take me, give me room:
No, I not take you, don't need

You bad lady
No, not bad just don't need any help

You not feed my family
Your family not my responsibility

You need to feed family, they come and stay with you, my wife cook, clean, you send children to school
I don't need any help, they can not stay

But you have rooms
No I dont

You have garden
Yes with one tree

I take care of tree ???
Good Bye, shut door...........................

What's been yours ???
Old Jan 9th 2008, 3:22 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Strangest Conversation in Dubai Yet !!!

lol...mine would be a few variations on the one you had...especially when we first moved here the amount of people that knocked on our door was scary...

The worst one was a carpet sales guy....I couldn't get rid of him, he kept on coming and was really persistant...not nice...

And lots of phonecalls for directions...with me shouting 15the STREET!!!! and the man saying...but no 15th street here mam....and so on and so on...
Old Jan 9th 2008, 3:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
lol...mine would be a few variations on the one you had...especially when we first moved here the amount of people that knocked on our door was scary...

The worst one was a carpet sales guy....I couldn't get rid of him, he kept on coming and was really persistant...not nice...

And lots of phonecalls for directions...with me shouting 15the STREET!!!! and the man saying...but no 15th street here mam....and so on and so on...
Hell yes, direction conversations were painfull !!!
Old Jan 9th 2008, 4:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paidtoplease
Last Night

Knock Knock...

Hello Can I help you

You give me job:
I have no jobs, sorry

I have no Jobs. sorry

You bad lady

You not feed my family

You need to feed family, they come and stay with you, my wife cook, clean, you send children to school

But you have rooms
No I dont

You have garden
Yes with one tree

I take care of tree ???

What's been yours ???
surprised he didnt offer to take care of your personal needs too
you do seem to attract nutters
Old Jan 9th 2008, 4:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
surprised he didnt offer to take care of your personal needs too
you do seem to attract nutters
Hello
Old Jan 9th 2008, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Aha - so this is what I have to look forward to when I make it out there!
Old Jan 9th 2008, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by nottmbantam
Aha - so this is what I have to look forward to when I make it out there!
Its a hoot and minute
Old Jan 9th 2008, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Just remembered one of the daftest conversations I'd had.

Picture the scene, it was October 24th, I was at home, sitting comfortably watching the telly. The house I was living in was a simple two bed terrace house, with no front garden, the front door opened out onto the pavement.

I heard a knock on the door, around 7.00pm, so it was dark. Opened the door to find a youngish girl / woman ( 18ish? ) standing at my door, and noticed her boyfriend / male companion? standing a few feet behind her.

her: Trick or Treat
Me: Eh?

her: Trick or Treat, its Halloween
Me: Errmm, no its not til next week.

Her: yeah, I know, but I live in London.
Me: <shocked and shtunned ) errr, no thanks.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

matthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hell yes, direction conversations were painfull !!!
Try giving directions to a villa in an area that has no street numbers and no villa numbers!

I have to give directions by the nearest traffic lights, then a roundabout, and then say over three speed humps, and there is my villa.

What colour villa sir??? Cream, like most other villas here!!
Old Jan 9th 2008, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by matthew.lewis2
Try giving directions to a villa in an area that has no street numbers and no villa numbers!

I have to give directions by the nearest traffic lights, then a roundabout, and then say over three speed humps, and there is my villa.

What colour villa sir??? Cream, like most other villas here!!
Turn left at the sand dune
then 2nd sand dune turn right, pass another 6 sand dune and mine is the sand colured villa on the left ....easy .....
Old Jan 9th 2008, 1:47 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

"Hello, Sir. I am outside your villa now."

"No you're not."

"Yes I am."

Ad infinitum.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 1:50 pm
Pog mo thoin

Miss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy

"No you're not."

"Yes I am."

Ad infinitum.
How true!!!
Old Jan 9th 2008, 1:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold

Last Night

Knock Knock...

Hello Can I help you

You give me job:
I have no jobs, sorry

I have no Jobs. sorry

You bad lady

You not feed my family

But you have rooms
No I dont

You have garden
Yes with one tree

I take care of tree ???

What's been yours ???
my god that was you? i'm so sorry... what do you think i need to work on next time i knock?
Old Jan 9th 2008, 2:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

"No you're not."

"Yes I am."

Ad infinitum.
oh hell yeah...bleedin dubai transport...

MM, xx
Old Jan 10th 2008, 1:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

"No you're not."

"Yes I am."

Ad infinitum.
Had one like that too..
On the phone : Madam, I am here.
"Who are you ?"
I am here
"Very good, but who are you?"
Madam, you are house
"No, I am not a house and I am not expecting anybody"
Yes Madam, I am here"
Good, stay here. Good bye.

I wonder if she is still "here"....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.