My rent renewal

Old Jul 28th 2013, 7:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default My rent renewal

No change for Villa de la Millhouse.

He wants to sell and potentially vacate me in 12 months - no problem with that. He overpaid so much for it I doubt that he will sell it.
Old Jul 28th 2013, 8:16 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My rent renewal

He needs to give you 12 months notice by registered mail or notary public with reasons for why he is evicting you. As per Law number 33 of 2008, Article 25, Clause 2.
Old Jul 28th 2013, 8:34 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
No change for Villa de la Millhouse.

He wants to sell and potentially vacate me in 12 months - no problem with that. He overpaid so much for it I doubt that he will sell it.
What is it costing you? If you don't mind me asking.
Old Jul 28th 2013, 8:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
What is it costing you? If you don't mind me asking.
170,000 for a 'type 1E' in Honky Ranches.

Previously I paid 160 for two years, 170 for one year and now 170 again. I can live with that.
Old Jul 28th 2013, 8:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by mikewot
He needs to give you 12 months notice by registered mail or notary public with reasons for why he is evicting you. As per Law number 33 of 2008, Article 25, Clause 2.
Thanks. We'll cross that difficult bridge when he sells it and I'm screwing the sale process / new landlord.
Old Jul 28th 2013, 8:59 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. We'll cross that difficult bridge when he sells it and I'm screwing the sale process / new landlord.
If he doesn't follow the process you are legally entitled to screw it Unless, of course, he offers you a wedge to move out.
Old Jul 28th 2013, 9:03 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

170,000 for a 'type 1E' in Honky Ranches.

Previously I paid 160 for two years, 170 for one year and now 170 again. I can live with that.
Ok, not bad. I am in the throes of a recruitment process* to move to Abu Dhabi so just have an interest in this stuff now.

*the process involves calling me incessantly for a week, then disappearing of the face of the earth for a week
Old Jul 28th 2013, 9:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ok, not bad. I am in the throes of a recruitment process* to move to Abu Dhabi so just have an interest in this stuff now.

*the process involves calling me incessantly for a week, then disappearing of the face of the earth for a week
I think they same in Abu Dhabi would be... oh, it doesn't exist
Old Jul 28th 2013, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

*may they have read your book in that time?
Old Jul 28th 2013, 1:14 pm
Knee deep and rising

Originally Posted by saudiflares
*may they have read your book in that time?
Well I should hope everyone has read it.

Seems to be immediate requirement means maybe 2 or 3 months when translated into action. Anyhow this is the second interview where the company has flown me out, offered me the job after the interview and then disappeared for a while, I am mystified by how HR operate
Old Jul 28th 2013, 1:26 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Well I should hope everyone has read it.

Seems to be immediate requirement means maybe 2 or 3 months when translated into action. Anyhow this is the second interview where the company has flown me out, offered me the job after the interview and then disappeared for a while, I am mystified by how HR operate
Ramadan
Holidays

Those two things will always cause issues this time of year....especially as they combine and especially because the people you need to sign things off will be on holiday, then their counterpart will be on holiday, then the HR numpty will be on holiday, then they will all have been working zero hours per day.

It's a nightmare. Plus side, month after Ramadan has always been bumper for me
Old Jul 28th 2013, 1:49 pm
Knee deep and rising

Originally Posted by Scamp
Ramadan
Holidays

Those two things will always cause issues this time of year....especially as they combine and especially because the people you need to sign things off will be on holiday, then their counterpart will be on holiday, then the HR numpty will be on holiday, then they will all have been working zero hours per day.

It's a nightmare. Plus side, month after Ramadan has always been bumper for me
Nah one of them was in Hong Kong not a muzzer in sight, there must be a universal HR incompetence factor
Old Jul 29th 2013, 5:41 am
When in doubt, mumble.

Poshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud of

hmmmm....wonder if he really does want to sell or just wants you out to hoik up the rent to a new tennant and can't be arsed fighting with you.....

That's what I suspect our Landlord wants from us.
Old Jul 29th 2013, 5:42 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poshy
hmmmm....wonder if he really does want to sell or just wants you out to hoik up the rent to a new tennant and can't be arsed fighting with you.....

same happening to a friend of mine as well
Old Jul 29th 2013, 6:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Poshy

Nah, he isn't doing that. If he was he would have tried it on now.

We have agreed that he will try and sell it (as will be evidenced by viewings) and if he sells it, I will get served my 12 months. If he doesn't sell it, I will stay. All completely in the law and fair to both parties.

I'm confident he won't sell it. He is still about 1million AED out of the money on his initial purchase price.

Compare this to the UK - a new landlord can serve two months notice on an existing tenant and hoof them out without cause.