Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

My one penny's worth....

My one penny's worth....

Old Dec 14th 2008, 3:54 pm
It's what the eye see's..

Dutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud of
Default My one penny's worth....

Hi everyone,

A resent posting on this BE board made me think. I mean I was some kind of ass hole on here with my comments and remarks. And yes, I've come to that conclusion myself somewhere last night. I apologize to Confucius. My behavior was indeed insulting. And at 51? I feel no shame in admitting to a younger man he was and is right.

I recently lost some one that is very dear to me. My ex, although we both where carefully trying to paste together again what was once a dream come true, a marriage. Mental pain often comes out in very strange ways. For me? It was alcohol that kept me from going completely crazy. At least I thought it was. And I kept on fouling myself that my daughter was the most important thing in my life. She is in many ways, but I miss my friend, my parter, my buddy in life, to the point I bang my head against the wall "Why her and not me?". So this afternoon I spent hours looking at a grave and to many on this board it might sound silly, I talked to my buddy in life.

I hurt inside, and (mis)using the fact I can't be traced, I hurt people with my remarks. In real life? The real Peter Vermeer? Doesn't have those sharp edges anymore and respects a persons "dignity" far to much for even trying that. And standing at her grave? I've never felt so cold and empty inside as I did this afternoon. I can't blame some for thinking or even responding along the lines "Emotional bullshit, **** off" but I do offer my sincere apologies to anyone I've insulted in the last few weeks. So this will be my last post on here, to the friends I made I say goodbye. To those I insulted? I offer my sincere apologies.

Peter Vermeer
The Netherlands
Old Dec 14th 2008, 4:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My one penny's worth....

Originally Posted by Dutchie
Hi everyone,

A resent posting on this BE board made me think. I mean I was some kind of ass hole on here with my comments and remarks. And yes, I've come to that conclusion myself somewhere last night. I apologize to Confucius. My behavior was indeed insulting. And at 51? I feel no shame in admitting to a younger man he was and is right.

I recently lost some one that is very dear to me. My ex, although we both where carefully trying to paste together again what was once a dream come true, a marriage. Mental pain often comes out in very strange ways. For me? It was alcohol that kept me from going completely crazy. At least I thought it was. And I kept on fouling myself that my daughter was the most important thing in my life. She is in many ways, but I miss my friend, my parter, my buddy in life, to the point I bang my head against the wall "Why her and not me?". So this afternoon I spent hours looking at a grave and to many on this board it might sound silly, I talked to my buddy in life.

I hurt inside, and (mis)using the fact I can't be traced, I hurt people with my remarks. In real life? The real Peter Vermeer? Doesn't have those sharp edges anymore and respects a persons "dignity" far to much for even trying that. And standing at her grave? I've never felt so cold and empty inside as I did this afternoon. I can't blame some for thinking or even responding along the lines "Emotional bullshit, **** off" but I do offer my sincere apologies to anyone I've insulted in the last few weeks. So this will be my last post on here, to the friends I made I say goodbye. To those I insulted? I offer my sincere apologies.

Peter Vermeer
The Netherlands
You don't have to apologise...You didn't offend me in any way...I thought you were having a laugh, like I did...
Water under the bridge...
Old Dec 15th 2008, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Nic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond repute

It takes a big man to stand up and apologise - especially when you could have remained annonymous and slunk away quietly.

Hope life gets better for you.

N
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 1:29 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

Peter Vermeer
The Netherlands
Hi Dutchie,

hope your feeling better. Losing someone close to you can take years and years to come to terms with. I hope you are feeling a bit better. Take each day as it comes. Thinking of you.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 2:11 pm
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

Peter Vermeer
The Netherlands

i remember some of your post and i never thought you were bad to others...

i am sorry to hear that she is dead but death is something we will all face one day in life.

the question is ... are we prepared to what is after death?

i hope you will find time to study Islam carefully from true sources of islam and to understand islamic principles and i hope after that you will become a good and a decent muslim unlike many muslims who are not following islamic principles.

wish you all the best in your life.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 2:54 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Take it easy...and let it all out. No worries, bottling it up doesn't help. If you use here as your release, then please do.

Keep safe
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 9:41 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beard Man
You can write a Will to take care of that.

The undertaker organises everything else.
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 6:03 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beard Man
i remember some of your post and i never thought you were bad to others...

i am sorry to hear that she is dead but death is something we will all face one day in life.

i hope you will find time to study Islam carefully from true sources of islam and to understand islamic principles and i hope after that you will become a good and a decent muslim unlike many muslims who are not following islamic principles.

wish you all the best in your life.
the last thing on his mind is studying Islam, why don't you just sod off and stop stuffing Islam down people's throats
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 6:35 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
the last thing on his mind is studying Islam, why don't you just sod off and stop stuffing Islam down people's throats
my missus was talking to someone about these muslim dudes who try and get westeners to join them, apparently there was a lot of them about years ago, it is a big thing for them if they can get a westener to become a muslim, it's almost recruiting....

Sound familiar?
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 6:37 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Spugsy
my missus was talking to someone about these muslim dudes who try and get westeners to join them, apparently there was a lot of them about years ago, it is a big thing for them if they can get a westener to become a muslim, it's almost recruiting....

Sound familiar?

very ...
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 7:03 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: My one penny's worth....

If someone wants to seek comfort in the, seemingly unsupported hypothesis, hope that when the electrochemical biology that supports their neural circuitry stops working they in some way transcend the physical world to another reality or are reborn then that's their descision to make.

You also must consider the other perspective that when we die we that's the end, if there is any majic to this world it is in the memmories of those who loved you and if you live on it's only through genetic information.

Luckily the Ghospel of the Flying Spaghetti monster provides me with guidance on the issue of conversion in his "I'd really rather you didn'ts" (a bit like the commandments for Christians):
"Suggestion number 1: I'd really rather you didn't act like a sanctimonious holier-than-thou ass when describing my noodly goodness. If some people don't believe in me, that's okay. Really, I'm not that vain. Besides, this isn't about them so don't change the subject."
[Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gos...hetti_Monster].

Hopefully his message of noodly goodness will spread throught he land and even if you are not convinced by the scientific evidence of her/his existance you will at least consider living by her/his suggestions as no doubt you'll agree the world would be a much better place .

Ramen!
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 7:07 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
If someone wants to seek comfort in the, seemingly unsupported hypothesis, hope that when the electrochemical biology that supports their neural circuitry stops working they in some way transcend the physical world to another reality or are reborn then that's their descision to make.

You also must consider the other perspective that when we die we that's the end, if there is any majic to this world it is in the memmories of those who loved you and if you live on it's only through genetic information.

Luckily the Ghospel of the Flying Spaghetti monster provides me with guidance on the issue of conversion in his "I'd really rather you didn'ts" (a bit like the commandments for Christians):
"Suggestion number 1: I'd really rather you didn't act like a sanctimonious holier-than-thou ass when describing my noodly goodness. If some people don't believe in me, that's okay. Really, I'm not that vain. Besides, this isn't about them so don't change the subject."
[Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gos...hetti_Monster].

Hopefully his message of noodly goodness will spread throught he land and even if you are not convinced by the scientific evidence of her/his existance you will at least consider living by her/his suggestions as no doubt you'll agree the world would be a much better place .

Ramen!

plaice

Old Dec 23rd 2008, 4:02 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Well the dutchies passed..

No musical youth comments please.