Must haves or wants

Old Oct 17th 2017, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Must haves or wants

I know someone on here loves his shoes, with me it is watches...and very expensive ones, I just love them and have a complete fascination with them, and I have the following;

Rolex Submariner blue dial half gold bracelet

Rolex Yachtmaster as above

Breitling Navitimer Heritage

But I would love a Patek Philippe

So what is your secret desires????
Old Oct 17th 2017, 7:03 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Must haves or wants

Time.
Old Oct 18th 2017, 1:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Ford Raptor by Stewart Racing
Old Oct 18th 2017, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

frequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to all

Charger Hellcat.

Wife wants me to get a Pajero, she’s about to win too, unfortunately!
Old Oct 18th 2017, 5:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frequentflyer1234
Charger Hellcat.

Wife wants me to get a Pajero, she’s about to win too, unfortunately!
Old Oct 18th 2017, 6:08 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

My needs are quite simple.

But I do have a desire to build a certain kind of house. I think about it a lot and I could probably make it happen (thanks to being a tightwad) but timing is everything and who knows were I'll end up in the UK after completing this stint in Qatar.
Old Oct 18th 2017, 7:21 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dubaiexile
I know someone on here loves his shoes, with me it is watches...and very expensive ones, I just love them and have a complete fascination with them, and I have the following;

dayummm those are some real nice watches...my nephew was interested in buying a Patek Philippe as a wedding gift for himself....but then in the end he used the money to invest in yet another property to add to his portfolio.
For me i do luv my cars...my ultimate car would be the Bentley New Continental GT...not sure i'll ever get to a stage where i could afford one though
Old Oct 18th 2017, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mission
dayummm those are some real nice watches...my nephew was interested in buying a Patek Philippe as a wedding gift for himself....but then in the end he used the money to invest in yet another property to add to his portfolio.
For me i do luv my cars...my ultimate car would be the Bentley New Continental GT...not sure i'll ever get to a stage where i could afford one though
What's the appeal of these super expensive luxury cars? Do you like the car just because it's expensive or is there something else about it that appeals to you? I'm just curious. I can understand buying one if you have millions and millions and don't know what to do with your money, but if you're a working bloke, then....?
Old Oct 18th 2017, 7:50 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Shoes, and this:

Last edited by Bahtatboy; Oct 18th 2017 at 7:52 am.
Old Oct 18th 2017, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
What's the appeal of these super expensive luxury cars? Do you like the car just because it's expensive or is there something else about it that appeals to you? I'm just curious. I can understand buying one if you have millions and millions and don't know what to do with your money, but if you're a working bloke, then....?
fair question.....my dad was a huge car enthusiast....while growing up we went through so many cars and that's kinda stuck with me....i just love the feel of having something powerful and luxury at my finger tips (ie driving). But i totally agree in that these kind of cars are usually brought by those who can afford to buy anything from GBP 200k upwards, and for whom it's a drop in the ocean.
Old Oct 18th 2017, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
not a bike person at all
Old Oct 18th 2017, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

You could say similar about shoes though no? You spend a huge wedge on shoes (that I never would). I assume they are well made and last for years and years but could say..... 5 pairs of significantly cheaper shoes not do the same job and save you a chunk?

I go through phases on what I must have, however, this often changes to something totally different after a year or two..... I've been through snowboarding gear, motorbikes, cars, boats etc etc....

Who knows whats next.... planes?
Old Oct 18th 2017, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jam25mack
You could say similar about shoes though no? You spend a huge wedge on shoes (that I never would). I assume they are well made and last for years and years but could say..... 5 pairs of significantly cheaper shoes not do the same job and save you a chunk?

I go through phases on what I must have, however, this often changes to something totally different after a year or two..... I've been through snowboarding gear, motorbikes, cars, boats etc etc....

Who knows whats next.... planes?
No. Five pairs of cheaper shoes mean you're walking in cheaper shoes over the time frame. Is there a diff? Yes. And you still end up spending more than a good pair of shoes because you go through cheap shoes more quickly.

And those who spend a lot on cars tend to go through them quickly, no? Always trading up to a newer model. It's ephemeral for them. My shoes are for life

Ok, fair enough. It's all about the utility you get from owning the good in question. Mission gave a pretty good reply, she loves the feel of a fast car and that's as good a reason as any. I guess what I was really asking is why spend 100k on a car when you can get a pretty fast car for 50k, for example? I usually spend 2-300 pounds on a nice pair of shoes, and a few times up to 500 pounds () but there are custom made shoes that will cost a thousand and above and I can't justify that. Beyond a certain threshold of quality it's no longer about the quality but about other factors. And that's what I see about the car comparison. We all have different reasons for justifying spending the extra money.
Old Oct 18th 2017, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

No. Five pairs of cheaper shoes mean you're walking in cheaper shoes over the time frame. Is there a diff? Yes. And you still end up spending more than a good pair of shoes because you go through cheap shoes more quickly.
To you there's a difference, to everyone else.... not so much. Which is fair enough. Thats your call.

And you still end up spending more than a good pair of shoes because you go through cheap shoes more quickly.
Hence why I said 5 pairs not 1.

I'm not heavy on shoes at all and have trainers that are years old and have been used a shed load. On a pound per mile basis I bet they destroy your expensive ones. Again tho, if they're you thing then go for it.

Also, do you not get bored with the style of them.... they must be standard looking to not become outdated surely?

And those who spend a lot on cars tend to go through them quickly, no? Always trading up to a newer model. It's ephemeral for them.
No always. Rare / limited run / classic cars have been increasing in value at a better percentage than fine art for several years now. As such, many people who can afford the more expensive metal keep hold of them. Cars can be a great investment. Just have a look at how much 80-90's hot hatches are going for now. Cars that were getting scrapped or sold for a few hundred quid are now going for several, or even tens of thousands now, many way more than they cost when new.

I guess what I was really asking is why spend 100k on a car when you can get a pretty fast car for 50k, for example?
Why spend 300 on some decent shoes when you can get some pretty decent ones for 150....

Things like this are hard to justify. Expensive watches for example are just as accurate, if not less so than a ten quid digital.... but people like the feel, craftmanship etc even when in reality generally the expensive ones are no better at their function than something significantly cheaper.

I like watches, in fact I like most mechanical things that are well made and have a sense of style. I don't have any 'really' expensive watches but if I had the spare cash I could see myself getting hooked.
Old Oct 18th 2017, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

martinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dubaiexile

A Patek Philippe, yes, very nice.

For me this

I think it was someone on here, maybe the OP that turned me on to these a while back. Now it's actually on my non-Christmas Christmas list. I've always told time in 24 hour format, will be nice to have a watch that actually shows it. Very few others do this.

My other must haves or wants are way out there and off any normal persons radar to get a mention here methinks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.