Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Moving from Lloyds to HSBC

Moving from Lloyds to HSBC

Old Feb 19th 2013, 12:39 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Moving from Lloyds to HSBC

OK - anyone else suffered this misery after the buyout?

Pls can someone tell me the best option to move away from HSBC. Just want a current account (pref interest bearing) without some stupidly high minimum balance requirement, and an e-saver type account, linked to my current account, that pays more than 0.1%.

Any ideas?

Compare bank accounts on www.souqalmal.com (UAE bank acc link is http://www.souqalmal.com/ae-en/accounts.php )

Also take a look at RAK Bank.

Thank you

Truce? lol

Depends....

Originally Posted by Meow
Compare bank accounts on www.souqalmal.com (UAE bank acc link is http://www.souqalmal.com/ae-en/accounts.php )

Also take a look at RAK Bank.
That site is out of date, and incomplete.

Originally Posted by The Dean
I guess the banks and financial institutions who provided data initially realised that being open and honest actually gave them less business instead of more.

The site used to list mortgages (same terms on all variables available for comparison) with interest rates ranging from 1.99% to 9.99%. Sign of a competitive market....?

Maybe the banks aren't giving them all the info requested? Maybe contact them to tell them that?

Originally Posted by Theseus
Truce? lol
Wow, that's mature

It's no wonder I question why I bother to be helpful...

Originally Posted by norsk
I guess the banks and financial institutions who provided data initially realised that being open and honest actually gave them less business instead of more.

The site used to list mortgages (same terms on all variables available for comparison) with interest rates ranging from 1.99% to 9.99%. Sign of a competitive market....?
Nothing like a free market to give consumers the best choices.

N.

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Nothing like a free market to give consumers the best choices.

N.
You say that like there is a possibility of it happening..

Wow, that's mature

Back at you...... rolly eye smiley face.

Wow, that's mature

It was an observation that you two seem to have buried the hatchet - no offence intended. Seriously overreacting my dear.

Maybe the banks aren't giving them all the info requested? Maybe contact them to tell them that?
Those listings are not free-of-charge - some banks are questioning the value of that site...........

Those listings are not free-of-charge - some banks are questioning the value of that site...........
Are they? It's nothing to do with me. It's just the most useful comparison site available.

Last weekend the takeover of Lloyds branches by HSBC went live.
My life will never be the same !
Here are some of the highlights......
I did not receive my new account numbers.
I cannot access my accounts or make payments as I have the nerve to use an Apple Mac with latest version of Safari. Their solution to this was to advise me to get an IBM type PC
I cannot use internet banking at all on other accounts as the "gizmo" has not arrived, so I can't log on.
My list of standing orders has disappeared.
No one ever phones back, I have been trying to make appointment with manager - no luck, there are literally folks in tears in the main branch of Al Wasl Road.
Has anyone experienced this "level" of customer service here in UAE and can anyone recommend a professional bank?

Last edited by rowell; Feb 20th 2013 at 2:06 pm. Reason: duplicate thread
Old Feb 20th 2013, 12:21 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving from Lloyds to HSBC

Are they? It's nothing to do with me. It's just the most useful comparison site available.
They had a big article about the site in The National recently due to the school comparisons section they've created. At least that section of the site seems pretty comprehensive, the rest of it is pure rubbish and hugely misleading.

We know it's not your site Meow, but whoever is running it should have a massive rethink...
Old Feb 20th 2013, 2:16 pm

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry guys not sure what the hell i did there...will get Sue to sort
Old Feb 20th 2013, 4:11 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Woah!
Old Feb 21st 2013, 11:20 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Lmao
Old Feb 21st 2013, 11:25 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

WTF?
Old Feb 21st 2013, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

dubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of light

Have I just experienced an acid trip? In Qatar? Wow...
Old Feb 21st 2013, 3:27 pm

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

I think this thread was just acquired by HSBC.
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 4:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope
I think this thread was just acquired by HSBC.