Banned

London Fletcher is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A mouth watering quarter final if I ever saw one

Holland VS Brazil

The Geert Wilders vs the "Samba Kings"

I'll take Brazil
Old Jun 28th 2010, 5:18 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A mouth watering quarter final if I ever saw one

Originally Posted by London Fletcher
Holland VS Brazil

The Geert Wilders vs the "Samba Kings"

I'll take Brazil
Assuming Brazil beat Chile of course...
Old Jun 28th 2010, 9:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
Assuming Brazil beat Chile of course...
And by the way.............. the generosity of British bookies leaves me flabbergasted.......

Before last night's capitulation, England were 10/1 to win the tournament - a feat which, if successful, would have required consecutive victories against Germany, Argentina, Spain (probably) and Brazil (probably).

A 10/1 accumulator on 4 matches means that England would have been an average of roughly 4/5 in each match...... odds-on favourites?? Against that lot???

Bookies are a word I never use.............
Old Jun 29th 2010, 1:30 am
Banned

London Fletcher is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Dean
And by the way.............. the generosity of British bookies leaves me flabbergasted.......

Before last night's capitulation, England were 10/1 to win the tournament - a feat which, if successful, would have required consecutive victories against Germany, Argentina, Spain (probably) and Brazil (probably).

A 10/1 accumulator on 4 matches means that England would have been an average of roughly 4/5 in each match...... odds-on favourites?? Against that lot???

Bookies are a word I never use.............
The Bookmaker sets the line but the betting public decides where it goes.. If no one bet it at 10/1 it would immediately go up to 11,12,13,14,15.......20/1 until people bet it back down. It stayed at 10/1 because people inexplicably saw those as fair odds. Personally it would have had to go to 30/1 before I'd touch it.
Old Jun 29th 2010, 4:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by London Fletcher
The Bookmaker sets the line but the betting public decides where it goes.. If no one bet it at 10/1 it would immediately go up to 11,12,13,14,15.......20/1 until people bet it back down. It stayed at 10/1 because people inexplicably saw those as fair odds. Personally it would have had to go to 30/1 before I'd touch it.
That's true, but I'm also hearing that this has been a 'low turnout' WC for the bookies. Maybe the price stuck just because nobody was betting on anybody.

And as you rightly imply, the bookies don't try to predict who will win, they try to predict how people will bet............
Old Jun 29th 2010, 4:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by The Dean
That's true, but I'm also hearing that this has been a 'low turnout' WC for the bookies. Maybe the price stuck just because nobody was betting on anybody.

And as you rightly imply, the bookies don't try to predict who will win, they try to predict how people will bet............
............. and I received this e-mail this morning............... even the Irish bookies are taking the piss...............
Attached Thumbnails A mouth watering quarter final if I ever saw one-paddy-power.jpg