mid-life crisis

Old Jan 24th 2017, 9:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default mid-life crisis

If you know anyone who is going through a mid-life crisis, please let me know. I have a red 370z for sale
Old Jan 24th 2017, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: mid-life crisis

last pryce pls

(You'll get loads of whatsapp messages saying pretty much the above).
Old Jan 24th 2017, 9:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing
last pryce pls

(You'll get loads of whatsapp messages saying pretty much the above).
had a few already.

One guy viewed it... "it has a lot of scratches for a car that's done 29km"

me> "the number of scratches is not proportional to the distance driven"
Old Jan 24th 2017, 9:38 am
...---...

Fossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't it come out top of the least fuel efficient cars in the UAE recently
Old Jan 24th 2017, 9:38 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
had a few already.

One guy viewed it... "it has a lot of scratches for a car that's done 29km"

me> "the number of scratches is not proportional to the distance driven"
We tried to sell her car a while back. This helped me a few times to end long negotiations early: "You don't have to buy it, I'm not forcing you to. Pointing out what's shit isn't making the price come down any more".
Old Jan 24th 2017, 9:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Fossildog
Didn't it come out top of the least fuel efficient cars in the UAE recently
I'd be surprised, it's much much better than my FJ
Old Jan 24th 2017, 9:58 am
...---...

Fossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I'd be surprised, it's much much better than my FJ

UAE’s best and worst fuel economy cars | GulfNews.com

1. Nissan 370z
Then: Dh33/100km Now: Dh40
The 2015 370z (starting at Dh149,000) comes out tops with a fuel consumption of around 5km per litre. The Nissan Z-car with 3.7L engine may still be great for a highway jaunt but perhaps not for daily trips to work.

No mention of the FJ in the list so maybe it is not accurate
Old Jan 24th 2017, 1:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fossildog
UAE’s best and worst fuel economy cars | GulfNews.com

1. Nissan 370z
Then: Dh33/100km Now: Dh40
The 2015 370z (starting at Dh149,000) comes out tops with a fuel consumption of around 5km per litre. The Nissan Z-car with 3.7L engine may still be great for a highway jaunt but perhaps not for daily trips to work.

No mention of the FJ in the list so maybe it is not accurate
That can't be correct. Even my heavily modified 4.0L I6 Wrangler (TJ) with the aerodynamics of a brick does better than 33 AED / 100km. Not much admittedly but my engine was designed when men wore bear skins and fought sabre toothed tigers with sticks.

I used to like the 350/370z but they didn't update the outside enough to really distinguish the oldies from the newer ones.... so to me they look a tad dated. Decent drivers car though.
Old Jan 24th 2017, 2:46 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

I put mine on dubizzle and that was money lost if you ask me. Admittedly there were a few phone calls but all of them were from wankers who just wanted to check the "BIST" price or wanted to know if I can give them a monthly option. FFS!
Only one of em actually showed up to check the car and he was a pretty decent chap from Scotland actually. So what are the odds of that eh?
In the end I sold it at a loss to a friend of mine so selling a used car here is only based on networking of friends and family. Unless you are willing to take a massive hit then just go to Ras al Khor and throw it to the Hyenas there.
Btw heres something which I wasnt told before but in fact makes a lot of sense when you think about it :
"Dont ever use the RTA testing center to buy or sell a car at Ras Al Khor. All of them are in cahoots with the dealers and will alter the reports according to the transaction i.e. hide faults if selling and make up faults when buying"
For that matter if you are dealing with a car dealer, never go to any RTA Testing center that HE has recommended
By the by, there are a few pretty decent used items for sale type groups on FB now which are free to join and advertise at and one of them has over a 100K members so you might want to look into that as well as I feel people are a bit more serious there
Old Jan 24th 2017, 9:28 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Does fuel efficiency really matter out there?
Old Jan 25th 2017, 1:00 am
...---...

Originally Posted by Bob
Does fuel efficiency really matter out there?
Cost wise not really, my car costs around £20 to fill up and I do that twice a month maximum. The biggest pain is getting it filled up. Queues at garages are commonplace and filling up can easily be a 15 minute job sometimes. Do this 4 times a month or more with an inefficient car and it soon becomes a chore.
Old Jan 25th 2017, 4:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
We tried to sell her car a while back. This helped me a few times to end long negotiations early: "You don't have to buy it, I'm not forcing you to. Pointing out what's shit isn't making the price come down any more".
Have you watched Mike Brewer negotiating price on Wheeler Dealer ? Now that guy is hardcore , but I wonder how much of it is just for TV.....
Much prefer Wheeler Dealer to TG and its new incarnation with Clarkson and co.
Old Jan 25th 2017, 5:27 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
Have you watched Mike Brewer negotiating price on Wheeler Dealer ? Now that guy is hardcore , but I wonder how much of it is just for TV.....
I know who you mean but never watched it.
Some of the American ones (Richard Rawlings is it? On Discovery) are hard negotiators as well.
Old Jan 25th 2017, 5:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Do you think? I always feel he is so desperate to buy it he caves in.

Any they make nothing on these cars - just look at how much free labour that mechanic puts into it.
Old Jan 25th 2017, 5:40 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Although I watch it Wheeler Dealers...... it really is a crock of sh!t. Set up to the extreme, generally buying off trade contacts at trade price, often polishing a turd by adding shiny bits, then not considering the several hundred hours the mechanic put in as an expense and claiming it as a profit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.