British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   BE members-Thank you! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/members-thank-you-510549/)

katett Jan 31st 2008 8:59 am

BE members-Thank you!

Hi all have just been over to Dubai for 10 days, as partner is there and i am hoping to move too.

Just being on this forum and finding out so much from you guys really helped me, as i felt really well equipped when i got there about locations for living, visas, cost of living, nice bars/hotels etc and its down to you...so BIG thank you.....

Hopefully, will be able to put it all into practice again soon :)

PS. I even knew JBR on first sight after someone on here called it Gotham City!!

MataHari Jan 31st 2008 9:03 am

Re: BE members-Thank you!

thank you for the thank you....it's appreciated
hopefully you had a good time over here...

Paidtoplease Jan 31st 2008 9:04 am

Originally Posted by katett (Post 5862941)
Hi all have just been over to Dubai for 10 days, as partner is there and i am hoping to move too.

Just being on this forum and finding out so much from you guys really helped me, as i felt really well equipped when i got there about locations for living, visas, cost of living, nice bars/hotels etc and its down to you...so BIG thank you.....

PS. I even knew JBR on first sight after someone on here called it Gotham City!!

Glad you enjoyed your visit, hope move over pans out...

Blue Cat Jan 31st 2008 9:07 am

Meow will be impressed :thumbsup:

Madam Medusa Jan 31st 2008 9:43 am

Originally Posted by katett (Post 5862941)

ohhh thanks for the lovely feedback...

MM, xx

Inselaffen Jan 31st 2008 9:48 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 5863144)
ohhh thanks for the lovely feedback...

MM, xx

does it apply to the Clique?

katett Jan 31st 2008 9:57 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 5862958)
thank you for the thank you....it's appreciated
hopefully you had a good time over here...

Had a great time, was nice to visit in winter, as summer last time and we could really enjoy the al fresco dining...without sweat pouring onto our plates;)

Got some job offers, so just weighing stuff up:) and fingers crossed i will be out in couple of months

MataHari Jan 31st 2008 10:46 am

Originally Posted by katett (Post 5863191)
Had a great time, was nice to visit in winter, as summer last time and we could really enjoy the al fresco dining...without sweat pouring onto our plates;)

rain pouring over it more likely...

katett Jan 31st 2008 10:57 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 5863346)
rain pouring over it more likely...

Thank goodness i just missed the rain but was still complaining about the cloudy weather...until the sun came out for the last few days.....

Arrived back in UK last night to gales

oh, its great to be back.....