Meltdowns - how often?

Old Feb 1st 2011, 4:30 pm
Perky but sarky

lullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Meltdowns - how often?

So, after throwing a humungous, toddler style tantrum in the kitchen today I wondered how often people really lose it here. I'm quite fiery and flare up quickly but I seldom lose the plot like this morning. Maybe once every few years. But I've had three since august - two due to stupid arse shite involving the family visas and school fees payments (again they were at the end of various other bureaucratic bollocks and just tipped me) and this morning's gas cooker fandango.

Contrast that with one major serious rage incident in several years in the uk - and that was down to something really serious and terrifying (son had a stroke, local a&e negligent)

Am I the only one who loses the plot more easily here? Am I the only one who really NEEDS a medicinal gin of an evening? Am I the only one who throws paper about and then kicks the cooker out of sheer frustration and helplessness?
Old Feb 1st 2011, 4:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meltdowns - how often?

Originally Posted by lullabelle
So, after throwing a humungous, toddler style tantrum in the kitchen today I wondered how often people really lose it here. I'm quite fiery and flare up quickly but I seldom lose the plot like this morning. Maybe once every few years. But I've had three since august - two due to stupid arse shite involving the family visas and school fees payments (again they were at the end of various other bureaucratic bollocks and just tipped me) and this morning's gas cooker fandango.

Contrast that with one major serious rage incident in several years in the uk - and that was down to something really serious and terrifying (son had a stroke, local a&e negligent)

Am I the only one who loses the plot more easily here? Am I the only one who really NEEDS a medicinal gin of an evening? Am I the only one who throws paper about and then kicks the cooker out of sheer frustration and helplessness?

You get used to it. At some point your sanity becomes more important than being right.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 4:44 pm
Roving Donny fan.

Location: Doncaster, UK. But not for long!!! Where's my visa!!!
glynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really nice

After spending over a year in Saudi I have got my meltdowns down to one a month, nobody seems to notice I need psycho therapy as everyone is mad, its great!!!!!!

I fit in perfectly.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 5:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

we have "comedy months" at home. No matter what the problem is we all do a big fake laugh about it ... works a treat. Since coming here nothing winds me up anymore - seriously. Take that parking fine I got today, 200Dh hilarious.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 5:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

True story:

I was at school with a guy who became a psychoanalyst (or something like that). He went to Noo Yoik Siddy and set up a private clinic for 'Anger Management' (he's rich now).

I caught up with him a few years ago, and asked him if he ever 'loses it', and if he treats himself like he would treat any of his patients.

"Yes" he said".
"So what do you do?" I said.
"I go up to my mother" he replied casually "and punch her in the face."
"You punch your own mother in the face??"
"No......... I stop myself. Then I find I can put everything in perspective. I'm fine after that............"
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 2:55 am
Forum Regular

Avarice is on a distinguished road

my misses will throw a temper tantrum over ANYTHING... happens two or three times a day at least... not your usual (frustrated expat life syndrome) type stuff but instead seems to have been 16 for 5 years... infuriating... i dont really ever fly off the handle however ive noticed my patience becoming increasingly short since starting the new job lol dunno what it is... and that in turn makes me more irritated at her and well frankly shes so spoilt and up her own arse it pretty much impossible to aviod a couple of fights everyday... this place does affect people...
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 3:19 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Avarice
my misses will throw a temper tantrum over ANYTHING... happens two or three times a day at least... not your usual (frustrated expat life syndrome) type stuff but instead seems to have been 16 for 5 years... infuriating... i dont really ever fly off the handle however ive noticed my patience becoming increasingly short since starting the new job lol dunno what it is... and that in turn makes me more irritated at her and well frankly shes so spoilt and up her own arse it pretty much impossible to aviod a couple of fights everyday... this place does affect people...
hahahaha...expect another one after she reads this then...
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 4:52 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

ANGRY? ME? WHO YOU ******* CALLING ANGRY?
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 5:07 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

It's the lack of control and dealing with people completely unable to help you. It's not like the UK where we can go to another store or office if the initial one is helpless. We can take control of our actions - but out here...

I find it best to laugh and let it go. Stove won't work? Flog it on Dubizzle and get another one. Far quicker and less stressful than trying to fix the problem in the first place.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 5:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MataHari
hahahaha...expect another one after she reads this then...
meh, its inevitable, shes american she thrives on drama and misery might as well give her a reason...
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 5:12 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
It's the lack of control and dealing with people completely unable to help you.
Agreed, but the worst bit is those who are able but just unwilling. Mind you, its not hugely better in UK.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

So am I (sort of).

British girls are bitchier and uglier. American girls are the best (sort of).
wouldnt go as far as to say that but i certainly prefer them to scottish girls... who scare me...
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 6:04 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

"no belief in the concept of marriage"

Why?

id rather be that total arsehole who for some reason theyre totally infatuated with, always seemed to work out better. how long you been married? i think its going to be rather straightforward for me, i have my prenup (in which shes entitled to absolutley **** all if we split for any reason) and i hve no belief in the concept of marriage it just makes things safer and more straightforward living together here...
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

"no belief in the concept of marriage"

Why?
ok wrong choice of words, its not that i dont believe in it but its not something i take very seriously... im the kind of person whod get married to someone after knowing them for 10 minutes for a laugh... i dont view it as a very important staple in life, which is odd because my parents and the rest of my family all have very very stable marriages ...
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 9:20 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

she doesnt go off at me... she goes off at the computer, the toaster, the fridge, that noise outside, the fact that no one wants to hang out with her etc... try suggesting there might be a reason for that and yes, then she goes off at me... lol
She needs to grow up. That's just childish spoilt princess behaviour.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.