Good morning

Old Mar 20th 2018, 7:21 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Good morning

Title says it all.

Scamp is going to HK shortly. I have a work trip to Berlin just after Easter so I'm leaving early to spend Easter weekend in the city.

What about the rest of you? Any upcoming holidays or trips?

Am thinking of biting the bullet and coming to Dubai end of April for a weekend.
Old Mar 20th 2018, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good morning

LittleJimmy's currently ay Schipol trying to find a "Schmoke", but has settled for something softer.
Old Mar 20th 2018, 8:12 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

There will be smoke at Teesside from the chemical plants
Old Mar 20th 2018, 8:24 am
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

A three day break in Dubai at the end of the month to catch up with UK friends who will be there on holiday. Then we’ll start to think about our summer escape. Anyone been to Sabah and/or Sarawak and have any tips or suggestions?
Old Mar 20th 2018, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hnd
A three day break in Dubai at the end of the month to catch up with UK friends who will be there on holiday. Then we’ll start to think about our summer escape. Anyone been to Sabah and/or Sarawak and have any tips or suggestions?
Borneo, eh?

Yes, I have. Kuching is a charming little city with a pretty riverfront and historic buildings. You know the history? The White Raj of Sarawak? It's fascinating. Food is great. There's a fabulous outdoor seafood food court on top of a parking garage just off the river where you point at the seafood you want and the style to cook it in and they prepare it for you and it's very fresh. The culture of Kuching is primarily Chinese influenced.

Near Kuching is an orangutan preserve that's well worth visiting.

We spent several days at Gunung Mulu to explore the massive caves deep in the jungle. Absolutely fascinating and well worth the visit. Also went to several longhouse villages.

We were only in Kota Kinabalu briefly for a night on the way to Sipadan off the eastern coast of Sabah for diving and snorkeling. The only memory I had of KK was the great food but I know others who stayed longer to climb Mount Kinabalu.

Diving and snorkelling at Sipadan was one of the most mind blowing things I've ever seen. We stayed at Kapalai resort, which is all above water bungalows out in the sea and the house reef was easily the best reef I've ever snorkelled. Resort is nice enough but read the tripadvisor comments to see why I hesitate a bit here. I'd still go back for the reef.
Old Mar 20th 2018, 8:50 am
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks, DXB, that’s a great help. TripAdvisor is helpful but nothing beats personal thoughts and recommendations.
Old Mar 20th 2018, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Budapest for a stag do at the end of the month.....

Think this one is going to be particularly heavy.

Well organised so far and the organising chaps have pulled off some minor miracles cost wise. Somehow they have managed Emirates flights and 3 nights in the Kampinski for about 400 less than I could find the cheapest flight for....
Old Mar 20th 2018, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Budapest for a stag do at the end of the month.....

Think this one is going to be particularly heavy.

Well organised so far and the organising chaps have pulled off some minor miracles cost wise. Somehow they have managed Emirates flights and 3 nights in the Kampinski for about 400 less than I could find the cheapest flight for....
it's not a great service, but Whizz have direct flights from DWC. Don't think it's daily though.
Old Mar 20th 2018, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brains1983
it's not a great service, but Whizz have direct flights from DWC. Don't think it's daily though.
Emirates flights and the Kempinski for 3 nights (including the presidential suite for parties) for 2,500 Dibs.... I can't complain.
Old Mar 20th 2018, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Emirates flights and the Kempinski for 3 nights (including the presidential suite for parties) for 2,500 Dibs.... I can't complain.
Foick that is a great deal.
Old Mar 20th 2018, 12:54 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Barcelona for 3 nights: cheap flights, plush hotel. Food, wine & sightseeing, very much in that order of priority. And a quick visit to Fuel, the creators of this:

Old Mar 20th 2018, 1:22 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Before HK I have a birthday (which is why we are going) so have that to enjoy before departing, hungover from brunch and beers etc...overnight to enjoy the break.

Got to survive tomorrow and Thursday at work though. Currently struggling with a total weapon of a more senior 'colleague' who I've never got on well with. They've taken to being a bigger dick than usual which is frustrating and grinding me down.