Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Luxury air travel..... with Pakistan International Airlines

Luxury air travel..... with Pakistan International Airlines

Old Feb 16th 2012, 12:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Luxury air travel..... with Pakistan International Airlines

http://gulfnews.com/news/world/pakis...oilet-1.981540
Old Feb 16th 2012, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Luxury air travel..... with Pakistan International Airlines

When I was living in Nigeria the first stint, the internal flights were always overbooked - there was a mad scramble running from the terminal to the aircraft, no fixed seating and there were always a few passengers left standing the whole flight!
Old Feb 16th 2012, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Oyibopeppeh
When I was living in Nigeria the first stint, the internal flights were always overbooked - there was a mad scramble running from the terminal to the aircraft, no fixed seating and there were always a few passengers left standing the whole flight!
That happened to me once....ended up flying Bellview from PHC to LOS - a 747 or something similar with about 10 people on it. Never been so scared of a flight in my life.

Well that's not quite true - my first internal flight in Nigeria was probably the most apprehensive I've been about a flight in my life (Aerocontractors - rated the best I think because you have non-Nigerian maintenance crews on the ground)
Old Feb 16th 2012, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

The Mile High Club has not become exclusive then

I wonder how the food was served
Old Feb 16th 2012, 3:57 pm

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mogs
That happened to me once....ended up flying Bellview from PHC to LOS - a 747 or something similar with about 10 people on it. Never been so scared of a flight in my life.

Well that's not quite true - my first internal flight in Nigeria was probably the most apprehensive I've been about a flight in my life (Aerocontractors - rated the best I think because you have non-Nigerian maintenance crews on the ground)
But somehow, despite the chaos, Lagos domestic terminal was actually quite efficient, probably because of the minimal government involvement. Unlike airports in the West you also generally had the feeling that they wanted to help you get on your flight rather than do everything possible (and, yes, safe and secure) to prevent you from getting there...

One time they let me run after my plane across the tarmac (oh yes) after the bus had already left. The truck with the stairs up to the plane was driving away and they were closing the door. I waved frantically at them - the notorious ADC I believe it was. The guy drove the truck back, they opened the door again. I rushed breathless up the steps.
"For PH?" I gasped.
"No, for Kano. That's for PH over there.."
Big smiles all around and I made it over to the right plane in time. Can you imagine that happening in Heathrow?
Old Feb 16th 2012, 7:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
The Mile High Club has not become exclusive then

I wonder how the food was served
Given that airline food is crap, anyway, I suppose it was served directly!
Old Feb 17th 2012, 4:13 am
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

It might have been a life saver for the two passengers, but how about the others who needed to get into the toilet?
Old Feb 17th 2012, 5:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope
the notorious ADC I believe it was
Chanchangi, Kabo, ADC.....where the autopilot was programmed to head south into the swamp