Lunch Date

Old Mar 16th 2017, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lunch Date

Originally Posted by mission
i've always wanted to do fishing....but not keen on the early morning timings plus whenever i've mentioned it to any of my mates they just laugh in my face lol
China Grill should hopefully be good ...gonna be 10 of us....so looking forward to it Not done a brunch for a very long time.

We went to the Toy Brunch there last year . Just a novelty really , not sure if that ones still going .

Thought China Grill was better as a non brunch venue , even then the food wasn't as good a Zuma
Old Mar 16th 2017, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

cheeky monkey...i am as old as the man i'm feeling
I'm 37!

i've always wanted to do fishing....but not keen on the early morning timings plus whenever i've mentioned it to any of my mates they just laugh in my face lol
Well I'll be sure to let you all know if its any good.

Originally Posted by Scamp
Very jealous, that'll be wicked.
Yeah, should be. Haven't been fishing in a while. Hopefully the weather is nice and I can get some sun.
Old Mar 16th 2017, 1:11 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

cheeky monkey...i am as old as the man i'm feeling
ONly kidding. Meant to be good fun but never been.

It would appear that CoDboy is our resident expert having sampled EVERY brunch in town.
Old Mar 16th 2017, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
ONly kidding. Meant to be good fun but never been.

It would appear that CoDboy is our resident expert having sampled EVERY brunch in town.

I used to really enjoy them years ago but the novelty wears off to be honest . There's still some good ones and the big ones are good to impress the visitors when they're here but waiting in a line for sushi and chicken tikka is lost on me a bit now.

I'd much rather go out for a bit of dinner , it keeps me away from the fat lasses with the Karama bags and Estuary accents
Old Mar 16th 2017, 3:24 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

There are plenty of brunches where the options are a la carte, or food is served to your table 'family style'. I prefer that as you actually get to see the people you have gone out with rather than losing them in a vast food hall for half of the brunch.
Old Mar 18th 2017, 7:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by co durham boy
I used to really enjoy them years ago but the novelty wears off to be honest . There's still some good ones and the big ones are good to impress the visitors when they're here but waiting in a line for sushi and chicken tikka is lost on me a bit now.

I'd much rather go out for a bit of dinner , it keeps me away from the fat lasses with the Karama bags and Estuary accents
Originally Posted by Meow
There are plenty of brunches where the options are a la carte, or food is served to your table 'family style'. I prefer that as you actually get to see the people you have gone out with rather than losing them in a vast food hall for half of the brunch.
Both spot on, totally agree.

Interested to try the revamped brunch at Prime 68 soon as that was a firm favourite.
Old Mar 18th 2017, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

So mission, how was China Grill?
Old Mar 23rd 2017, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing
So mission, how was China Grill?
to be honest it was actually very good....i luv the fact the food is brought to you and is fresh (and the food was good - mainly based around seafood and so if you luv seafood/sushi you will like it)....rather than having to queue up like cattle at the various food stations....the theme was 'great gatsby' and so they had dancers with feathers and stuff and male dancers all kitted out in 'gangsta' type of suites.
Coz you are in doors and there is no daylight - you forgot the fact that it's the afternoon....once the brunch is done we all moved up stairs where they played awesome rnb, hip hop, soul etc music....so all in all got totally hammered and had a great time
Old Mar 23rd 2017, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

to be honest it was actually very good....i luv the fact the food is brought to you and is fresh (and the food was good - mainly based around seafood and so if you luv seafood/sushi you will like it)....rather than having to queue up like cattle at the various food stations....the theme was 'great gatsby' and so they had dancers with feathers and stuff and male dancers all kitted out in 'gangsta' type of suites.
Coz you are in doors and there is no daylight - you forgot the fact that it's the afternoon....once the brunch is done we all moved up stairs where they played awesome rnb, hip hop, soul etc music....so all in all got totally hammered and had a great time
Must have been good, it's taken you a week to get over it LOL
Old Mar 23rd 2017, 12:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing
Must have been good, it's taken you a week to get over it LOL
it's been one long p*ss-up since last Friday - my mates left yesterday and so back to being on my jack jones again lol