Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Lost all my fight today!!

Lost all my fight today!!

Old Aug 1st 2007, 4:57 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Lost all my fight today!!

I got up this morning and feel completely down about the whole club situation. Whilst everyone on here and other forums are so supportive there are some around who don't seem to understand where I am coming from.

The meeting is tonight and I feel like crying
Old Aug 1st 2007, 5:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lost all my fight today!!

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I got up this morning and feel completely down about the whole club situation. Whilst everyone on here and other forums are so supportive there are some around who don't seem to understand where I am coming from.

awww BC...don't let it get you down...you keep on the fight doll...you're doing a great job.

MM, xx
Old Aug 1st 2007, 5:01 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Club situation???

You like a lot of chocolate on your biscuit, then?
Old Aug 1st 2007, 5:03 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally
Club situation???

You like a lot of chocolate on your biscuit, then?
yes but it has to be dark chocolate!
Old Aug 1st 2007, 5:06 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Tell me more...
Old Aug 1st 2007, 5:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute

BC at the end of the day, you can only do what you can, noone will ever accuse you of not trying your best...regardless of the outcome you will know that you tried and that is all you can ask of yourself.....please remember I understand that this Club holds lots of great memories for you and your family and for lots of other users but memories are what they are and the future, no matter where it is are good memories for the making and that is what you need to concentrate on...Good memories to come...Good Luck
Old Aug 1st 2007, 5:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmmmmmmm Lindt 70% ...I likeeee....yuuummm yummmmmm
Old Aug 1st 2007, 5:32 am
Concierge

yes you are right, future memories are out their waiting to be made. I feel as though my hands are tied as some of the other members on the committee dont want to go ahead and appeal to the media, how else will we achieve anything. I have even been criticised for starting the petition.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 5:37 am
BE Forum Addict

yes you are right, future memories are out their waiting to be made. I feel as though my hands are tied as some of the other members on the committee dont want to go ahead and appeal to the media, how else will we achieve anything. I have even been criticised for starting the petition.
Screw them....you do what you feel is right
Old Aug 1st 2007, 5:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

BC, regardless that a lot of people (including me) think that you are fighting a losing battle always remember that when you look back on all of this you will be able to say that at least you tried and you gave it your best shot.
Well done you for your strength and your convictions xxx
Old Aug 1st 2007, 5:54 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
BC, regardless that a lot of people (including me) think that you are fighting a losing battle always remember that when you look back on all of this you will be able to say that at least you tried and you gave it your best shot.
Well done you for your strength and your convictions xxx
Pats I know the club is going to be pulled down, the fight now is for them to build us a new one or compensate us financially so that we can go and try and build another one. I was talking to one of the members of staff yesterday, he has worked there for 35 years. The tears were streaming down his face. Alot of people suspect that Sheik Mo isn't aware of what is going on. A few years back they wanted to build a road through the club, when he found out about he was furious and the plans were all changed. I need to get to him and appeal to his better side. It was in the paper this morning that he gave the Iraqi footy team 20 million dirhams for winning the footy. Well done to them, if he gives us the same then we can build a new club!
Old Aug 1st 2007, 6:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Pats I know the club is going to be pulled down, the fight now is for them to build us a new one or compensate us financially so that we can go and try and build another one. I was talking to one of the members of staff yesterday, he has worked there for 35 years. The tears were streaming down his face. Alot of people suspect that Sheik Mo isn't aware of what is going on. A few years back they wanted to build a road through the club, when he found out about he was furious and the plans were all changed. I need to get to him and appeal to his better side. It was in the paper this morning that he gave the Iraqi footy team 20 million dirhams for winning the footy. Well done to them, if he gives us the same then we can build a new club!
Have you tried appealing to a Rich and Successful Businessman???
Old Aug 1st 2007, 6:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paidtoplease
there's an idea...do you know one P2P??

MM, xx
Old Aug 1st 2007, 6:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
there's an idea...do you know one P2P??

MM, xx
Oh I dunno sometimes if you look hard enough on BE you can find them by reading between the lines of what they say...but you need to search hard as they are always so very understated
Old Aug 1st 2007, 6:12 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Paidtoplease
PMSL! let's hope he can find jobs for all the staff at the country club

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.