Unpaid Salary

Old Dec 20th 2017, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

Made in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud of
Default Unpaid Salary

If you haven’t been paid for two months, nearly three, what are the realistic chances of getting it resolved if reported to the MOL?
Old Dec 20th 2017, 4:57 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unpaid Salary

i don't understand how companies can get away with not paying their employees....of course i realise it happens all the time....but this is just so wrong. I hope you or whoever is in this predicament get their dues.
Old Dec 20th 2017, 5:17 am
Forum Regular

Made in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mission
i don't understand how companies can get away with not paying their employees....of course i realise it happens all the time....but this is just so wrong. I hope you or whoever is in this predicament get their dues.
Thanks, Mission.

It's bloody frustrating, especially when they told everyone in the Summer they'd be getting a pay cut to ensure that salaries would be paid on time.....

Apparently, they've moved some staff onto Sharjah visas so it looks like they have less than 100 employees in Dubai therefore it won't flag up on the WPS system. The conniving twats.
Old Dec 20th 2017, 6:26 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Made in Sheffield 1
Thanks, Mission.

It's bloody frustrating, especially when they told everyone in the Summer they'd be getting a pay cut to ensure that salaries would be paid on time.....

Apparently, they've moved some staff onto Sharjah visas so it looks like they have less than 100 employees in Dubai therefore it won't flag up on the WPS system. The conniving twats.
i wasn't aware the WPS quota was a minimum of 100 employees....we are based in Jafza and as long as 80% of employees (it doesn't matter what the number of employees is) are paid via WPS then we ok....as soon as as that 80% drops we get an instant notification from jafza and we then have to go down and explain what led to the drop - usually its due to someone being paid early because they were going leave and hence paid directly to their bank account.
Old Dec 20th 2017, 7:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

If you haven’t been paid for two months, nearly three, what are the realistic chances of getting it resolved if reported to the MOL?
I would consider the following:

1. If you report, expect to be let go after payment
2. Has the company got the money anyway? If not, then chances are low
3. Are they paying suppliers?

Out of interest, what sector is this?
Old Dec 20th 2017, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I would consider the following:

1. If you report, expect to be let go after payment
2. Has the company got the money anyway? If not, then chances are low
3. Are they paying suppliers?

Out of interest, what sector is this?
1. He's past caring to be honest.
2. Don't think so, their customers aren't paying.
3. Not sure, probably not.

Heat treatment, inspection, mechanical testing, NDT.
Old Dec 20th 2017, 8:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

1. He's past caring to be honest.
2. Don't think so, their customers aren't paying.
3. Not sure, probably not.

Heat treatment, inspection, mechanical testing, NDT.
Well, if you don't care about (1) then may as well lodge the case. Personally, I'd talk it through with them first before doing it. They may be happy to pay you out and go to avoid all the drama. That said, doesn't sound like they have any money anyway.
Old Dec 20th 2017, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh. What an awful situation.

Sorry and surely you are looking for another job.

I mostly agree with Millhouse. If they had the money, they would be paying out; if you don't care, then file the case.

Maybe go to them first and say you are going to file the case that afternoon but want to talk things through with them first. If you do that though be prepared to be let go on the spot.

Unfortunately one can't get blood from a turnip. If they don't have the cash, you aren't going to get paid. Whatever cash they do have, will go to whom they perceive to be the most important debt holders first - which won't be employees.

The longer it goes on without being paid, the likelihood increases that you get nothing or some kind of partial settlement in lieu of all wages.
Old Dec 21st 2017, 3:43 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

A friend of mine did 6 months with a construction firm here unpaid. He eventually got about 5 months worth paid out but he had to leave with a case lodged and evidence and wait.

Sooner you work for an actual company, the sooner you'll be paid. But definitely worth fighting to get what you're owed and demand all of it as the start point, expecting to get lower than that possibly.

If they offered you 80% of what they owe in cash and you leave tomorrow, would you go?
Old Dec 21st 2017, 4:12 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

What about the indemnity (depending on how long you have been working) ?

I thought that would be more of an issue (luckily we use an external manager that the company pays monthly for our indemnity - so the maximum I can lose is the (x) number of months salary.

Personally I would lodge a case in court and then look for new pastures rather than stay in a quicksand
Old Dec 21st 2017, 6:46 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
rather than stay in a quicksand
DXB baby